Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Urath Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
just wondering if the expansion is out yet coz i've heard ppl's views on it so im just wondering has it been released in europe and not in the uk or something like that

Support
Support

Only the German version has been released; the English version will not be out for another couple months, or so. FAQ

D
stranger
stranger
D
All Divinity-fans should now mark the 20th august 2010 in their calendars. This is when we will release Flames of Vengeance for PC.
http://www.divinity2.com/index_eng.html

Support
Support

Unfortunately, that announcement is a month old, and I think just referring to the German version (which was released a bit ahead of schedule). Even the first version of the FoV FAQ, on the site that announcement linked to, didn't mention a specific date for the English release.

Welcome to the forum. wave

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze

Unfortunately, that announcement is a month old, and I think just referring to the German version (which was released a bit ahead of schedule). Even the first version of the FoV FAQ, on the site that announcement linked to, didn't mention a specific date for the English release.

;/ bah I was hopping it would be out tomorrow

veteran
veteran
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance.
As Raze already said, only the German PC version for the game has been released, on 30 July.
The initial plan was to release the game on 20 August, but that has been changed. Only hasn't it been adapted at the website (www.divinity2.com) and I have warned the publisher about that.

The official website for Flames of Vengeance can be found here.

The other PC language versions of Flames of Vengeance and the Dragon Knight's Saga on Xbox360 are scheduled to be released in October 2010.

Hope this helps you.

All the best,
Lynn

D
stranger
stranger
D
ewww frown thanks for the post Lynn

Urath Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
gracias muchacho

stranger
stranger
Ah, so it is to be released in October after all. I am going to tell my brother to send the original back to GameFly and request the newer one when it is out. He might as well play on the newer revamped version.

A quick question, and it might be silly. Will the save files from the original version work with the remastered Dragon Knight Saga version? (I've got a Xanlosch problem I am still holding out hope for that a resolution might present itself one day)

I have a bone to pick with you Xanlosch! And your little creature too!
Support
Support

Technically, 'scheduled to be released in October' isn't the same as 'will be released in October', though hopefully there will not be any delays.

I'd guess the saves would probably be compatible (no official word yet), but I'm not sure what would happen with the flying fortresses (which is the main thing mentioned as being changed from the original D2:ED in the remastered version). I'm planning to play through again with a new character when DKS is released, but hopefully will be able to just continue with my current character first (I kept a save before entering the Hall of Echoes, as well as several before and after that).

spk Offline
stranger
stranger

I'd guess the saves would probably be compatible (no official word yet)

Excerpt from the official 'FoV' website," You can load any savegame you have from Divinity II - Ego Draconis and continue playing. When you reach the end of Divinity II - Ego Draconis, the story will automatically continue and your character will keep all of its stats, items and skills."

Hope that helped smile

Support
Support

D2:ED saves will work fine to continue into the add-on FoV. However, DKS includes more than just engine and graphics updates, with changes to the flying fortresses, opponents and loot as part of the remastered D2:ED, so there is a least a possibility that the original saves could have compatibility issues (minor or more serious).

stranger
stranger
Well, here's hoping it doesn't get delayed or have issues with my saves. But hey, if it makes the fortresses in my save suddenly full of enemies again, I wouldn't mind. A fortress reset might fix my bug. If it doesn't work out, I could play through again, but probably only until I get the achievement. It's a lot of leveling up to do.

I have a bone to pick with you Xanlosch! And your little creature too!
veteran
veteran

D2:ED saves will work fine to continue into the add-on FoV. However, DKS includes more than just engine and graphics updates, with changes to the flying fortresses, opponents and loot as part of the remastered D2:ED, so there is a least a possibility that the original saves could have compatibility issues (minor or more serious).

+ the remastered version is re-balanced depending on the level of enemies, so that makes probably the game in the beginning a (little bit) easier and harder at the end (or read: NOT too easy at the end smile ).

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
It'll get delayed I think.
As theres fierce competition in October.
Possibly it'll come out in Nov.

veteran
veteran
You can load any savegame you have from Divinity II - Ego Draconis

You're wrong.
Only the same language version saves are compatible.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes, but the number of players mixing several language versions might be relatively small., I guess.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Who knows... Consider the fact of delays in releases...

K
stranger
stranger
K
Does anyone knows will the D2:FoV be developed in all countries that D2ED was? Developers names would be useful.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Replace "developed" with "published".

I don't know, sorry.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard