Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
vizman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is really frustrating. I finally got to the top of the platforms and then a chest appears in the doorway. How do I get back to it. Every time I make a move, the chest disappears or the platform disappears from beneath me and the chest also disappears.

Help please.

stranger
stranger
if you've stepped on the button to make the chest appear, quickly drop down and sprint for the chest. yes, it disappears quickly, but you can make it in time after it appears. just make sure you drop down in the direction of the chest and move for it quickly.

”Why should a man humble himself when the world is so full of men eager to do that job for him?”
Support
Support

I found it easiest to leave the camera pointed towards the entrance, taking a couple steps backwards to drop off the platform and then immediately moving the left stick forward (Xbox version) to hit the ground running, so to speak. I saved after hitting the button to get the chest to appear, and reloaded a few times to get something half decent (don't recall what).

vizman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks again...sometimes this game can be really frustrating! lol. Fun, but frustrating. smile

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hehe... I remember that part. One of my criticisms of divinity 2 is the inclusion of puzzles and curveball gameplay mechanics like this. It took me a while to figure out what I was supposed to be doing and I got lame items in the chest (tried it 3 times before moving on). It was more frusterating than fun for me. It just seemed very out of place in terms of gameplay and also location. It was like larian made a dungeon and then decided to include a super mario 64 inspired puzzle in one of the wings. I appreciate the attempt to break up the gameplay but I just felt that section was too much of a (gamism) for me to except. It just was not logical enough to make sense of for me.

Anyways, tastes aside, the puzzle is certainly do-able and not very chellenging once you get the hang of it. Jump up to the top following the platforms and avoiding the fire traps. Once the chest appears you have a limited amount of time to open it so try and jump down right in front of it. With a little practice you will have time to spare. Unfortunately, I never got decent loot from the chest.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard