Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
This question has been asked a lot and unanswered. Many want to know if we should just sell back D2:ED and buy DKS for PC. From the sounds of it, not worth hanging on to D2 ED for PC users.

NOTE: Please, if your not a Larian staff, don't reply to keep the rumor mills down.

Thanks

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
I wonder when they will reply to this. Not answering can gain them more initial DKS sales than if they say a patch will be made available a month after release or such wink

Last edited by Phalzyr; 03/11/10 08:28 PM.

Insanity Is Just A Matter Of Opinion
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Phalzyr
I wonder when they will reply to this. Not answering can gain them more initial DKS sales than if they say a patch will be made available a month after release or such wink

However, that would be bad for PR. If there is a patch then it will likely require both Ego Draconis and FoV, so they will still get as many sales and keep the customers happy.

Support
Support

From North American FOV PATCH for PC???

Originally Posted by Lar_q
So our patch plans are the following:

-We ship DKS and FOV in all languages.

-For Germany, we bring out a FOV patch which brings it up to date with the international versions of FOV once FOV is released.

-For ED buyers, we're planning to bring out a free patch that turns ED into DKS minus the FOV content, but with the caveat that savegame compatibility will not be maintained due to the many changes in DKS content. However, we'll need the ok of the publishers of ED to release this patch, s that's still in the air. Due to the rules for patches on the X360, we won't be able to release this patch on X360 for ED since it's going to be very large.

see also D2:ED + FoV vs DKS?

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
This isn't answering my question. I want to know if FoV will be patched to be 100% of what DKS is. All this will do is make me decide on FoV or DKS. The saved game is not an issue, I want to start over again from the beginning.

There was discussion of this being a possibility and then nothing.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 04/11/10 05:40 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

Maybe Larian needs to finalize the conversion patch before the publishers will make a decision on whether or not to release it for their version?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Hello,

I would imagine that the publisher might want to delay a patch like that to possibly increase sales of the Saga version, as it is priced higher. Larian might want to release the patch on day one but can't, that's business.

I kind of like the idea of having both versions though, especially if they change some things I don't like in Saga, so I won't be selling my original Divinity 2 box. I'm a collector too though, so I am sure that has something to do with it.

Last edited by StingingVelvet; 04/11/10 07:02 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard