Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Also when i reach the starting sity just after the character creation, the game seems to be waiting for some CD data .... which will visibly never come since i play from Steam so i got no CD. My character just stands in front of the city wjile the little ''loading'' icon flashes and does nothing. the game doesnt freeze tho, i can still access inventory and stuff, but i cannot move anymore

Support
Support

Did you have the conversation with Rhode yet?

In D2:ED someone had a problem where the character froze in place going up the path to Farglow, but reported that by lowering all the graphics options to minimum they could approach the gate ok, and the dialog with the NPC there started normally. After that they could raise the graphics options back up. Another person reported that the problem went away after they reinstalled DirectX and rebooted a couple times.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
thanks for the infos. but i completely re-installed the game and the problem went away luckily!

stranger
stranger
I had the same issue with the Steam version, too and solved it by simply exiting DKS and re-booting my computer. All ran fine and I was able to enter the first village, etc. up smile

I will say the "30 FPS Cap" is a real problem for me and is very much detracting from my enjoyment of the game, so far. mad

Last edited by Gateguard; 06/11/10 01:44 AM. Reason: bad syntax

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard