Page 1 of 2 1 2
#424543 09/11/10 01:38 AM
S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I dont knwo how your things are set up by create a mutiplier or something cause honestly I didnt find the original hard really and it seems item drop are totally crazy right now ... game is AWESOME but farmville mod kinda kill the epicness and the mood .. If people find it hard it was okay to streamline the original but I guess Difficulty isnt suppose to be the hardest thing to set up ... I think everygame should have a really challenging option and right nwo object are too strong too fast to achieve that ... there is no fear when you 3 shot a boss ..

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
first off, english please.

Second off, handicap yourself. You don't have to use the sword of +100 physical and magical damage, you know.

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
well .. to me it look like you were able to understand ... beside Geting better item and geting stronger is part of the reward and thrill of playing this kind of game.. Right nwo it feels like I cheated but I have to compensate by making myself weaker .. and I can decide when to power up when its needed ? that really kills any sens of progression and epicness ..

old hand
old hand
I think we can envision making a very hard option or make hard harder - the thought has occurred over here but we didn't really think there was going to be a market for it. If enough people support the idea, we could come up with something really really hard but still doable wink

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I appreciate the feedback and I dont want you guys to rush too much on that but if its not too hard and if you have sometime check the forums smile Actualyl ive seen plenty of people that really find it too easy right now :P I found the original was okay ( could have us hard too ) but for me part of immersion is that kind of game really comes from the feelign I can easily die IF im nto cautious or prepared ! anyway thanks for reading I really hope it happens !

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I think we can envision making a very hard option or make hard harder - the thought has occurred over here but we didn't really think there was going to be a market for it. If enough people support the idea, we could come up with something really really hard but still doable wink

*cough* time to open a poll then *cough*

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Lar_q

I support that idea.
On normal mode, with stuttering and lag I didn't get much problem with fights until Aleroth (with a warrior).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Agree with very hard option. Playing with hard but there's eye-catching +50 damage around at level 8 for 800 gold.

Make very hard option feels like Ego Draconis with Hard might be fun.
(I don't know but dying in Divinity 2 doesn't seem frustration for me though.)

Edit: guess I'll wait for a patch or something before continue...
Or maybe forced myself to use any weapon with no + bonus damage (especially from Mind Read of course.)

Last edited by SamNainocard; 09/11/10 06:05 PM.

I'm Thai.
Sorry for my grammar.

I don't post much, but reading.
S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Ya personnaly im waiting for a mod or hotfix from larian to play. Even If I have the game its simply to easy right now and I dont want to have to *control my strenght * ..

Last edited by Snutze; 09/11/10 06:20 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Well it's quite easy, I just bought a weapon with chance to fire, poison or something. (Feel like to waste 2000g for self-balance.)

Anyways, current increased damage enchant seems multiply by 10.
So, what about found +50 damage, try using +10 damage instead, huh?
Well, I'm feeling using a equal weapon right now.

Anyways, 01:27 here...

Last edited by SamNainocard; 09/11/10 06:28 PM.

I'm Thai.
Sorry for my grammar.

I don't post much, but reading.
old hand
old hand
"Very Hard" option, really? I think the complainers haven't even finished the game yet.

In Ego Draconis, all one needed to do is outlevel enemies, and they couldn't hurt you anymore. Now, that was easy.

In DKS, there is no longer level-based damage and even enemies way below your level can still easily kill you if you're not careful... so all those "overpowered" weapons mean absolutely nothing later in the game.

Last edited by virumor; 09/11/10 07:59 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by virumor
"Very Hard" option, really? I think the complainers haven't even finished the game yet.

In Ego Draconis, all one needed to do is outlevel enemies, and they couldn't hurt you anymore. Now, that was easy.

In DKS, there is no longer level-based damage and even enemies way below your level can still easily kill you if you're not careful... so all those "overpowered" weapons mean absolutely nothing later in the game.

If enemies still have the same stats, only without the level adjustments to damage, then a higher difficulty will be needed because of the more powerful weapons.

Really what was needed was better armor, not weapons (Well, prehaps a little better, but not the numbers some people are finding). I never had much trouble killing enemies unless they were far above my level, it was just they kill me almost as fast.

old hand
old hand
I'm not sure, but it seems the unique armour sets (Scorpion, Ulthring) have better stats as well.

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by Gwenio

If enemies still have the same stats, only without the level adjustments to damage, then a higher difficulty will be needed because of the more powerful weapons.

Really what was needed was better armor, not weapons (Well, prehaps a little better, but not the numbers some people are finding). I never had much trouble killing enemies unless they were far above my level, it was just they kill me almost as fast.

Exactly ! the problem is not that its impossible to die its just that 1 shoting or 2 shotign monstrer of the same lvl doesnt feel right at all I was 100 % fine with the original values ... battle are just too fast ...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Snutze
Exactly ! the problem is not that its impossible to die its just that 1 shoting or 2 shotign monstrer of the same lvl doesnt feel right at all I was 100 % fine with the original values ... battle are just too fast ...

They are too fast in Ego Draconis if you max some of the better damage abilities. Maxed Magic Blast & Destruction take away enough of the final boss's HP so that a level 5 Explosive Arrow could finsh him on hard (at least that is what seemed to happen, the magic blast was the only thing that specifically targeted him and it did not kill him. I did not notice him after that so I assume an explosive arrow got him... either way said magic blast could one-hit him on easy). Similarly, he could nearly kill me in one melee attack (10 to 20% HP range), which is why I could not exactly follow the magic blast up with an exploding arrow immediately.

Edit:
It seems +damage enchants have been boosted as well. It seems as though weapons have been made to be closer the most powerful spells for damage output... and said spells seemed too strong in Ego Draconis.

Last edited by Gwenio; 09/11/10 09:37 PM.
old hand
old hand
Magic blast should have been *one* missile only, instead of *three*. Even *one* blast is already very powerful. Three is overkill against everything but bosses.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Magic blast should have been *one* missile only, instead of *three*. Even *one* blast is already very powerful. Three is overkill against everything but bosses.

At the very least damage per missle should not have increased when adding more missles, and possibly damage per missle should drop when adding more (best would have been a slight decrease in cool down and no extra missles, with it reaching about that of explosive arrow at max level).

S
Snutze Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
yep really I understand dev dont want the game to feel like a LOOONNG grind fest but kill or die isnt too fun or challenging its better to struggle but make it alive I want it to be rewarding to complete stuff not just *to do list* but yeah damage output is way too high I dont knwo im trowign random number but lets say you cut damage by 40 % and up survability by 20 % or somethign could make it more interesting

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Yah, make a harder option for sure. I hear overpowered weapons make it too easy... So increase normal and hard difficulty... Or make a Very Hard difficulty.

old hand
old hand
A very hard option would be interesting right now. However; it is the over powerful weapons that need toned down. The game is fun as-is without using weapons that don't offer a magic damage of +30 (or greater).

I'm sure this is patched, if you see these weapons don't get them. Treat them as a known bugged item for the time being until a patch is made. The items give a +10 damage to magic when it should be +1. We basically have weapons used for internal beta testing of the game. I've used similar weapons on closed beta games I was invited to test where we focused on quest structure as combat was given the two thumbs up.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard