Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#424716 09/11/10 03:03 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey guys, not sure if the developers look at this part of the forum or not, but if they do, here is a message for them. I just bought this game after being on the fence for a while after reading Gamespots 6.5 review. I thought "Gamespot usually have a bad opinion, so they could be wrong with this one, but I'll trust them for now."... That was after the first release of the game. When DKS came out, for the price it was at I couldn't afford to refuse it any longer.

So I played it for about 20 hours straight since 2 days ago. smile This game is absolutely fricking awesome guys, good job! I wish people still had the skills to make RPGs of this kind of quality. Thank god you are here, I was so tired of RPGs that were either too easy (Fallout New Vegas - Bethesda + their engine is so bad compared to this game... + monsters leveling up at the same time as you is just plain bad), too linear & simplistic (Dragon Age : Origins), or just plain sucked! This is the best game I've played this year, thank you.

We do!

And cheers!

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Thanks!! And welcome to the forum wave

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
Thanks for the nice words, 4Serious1!
If you like Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga and you think others should play the game, please spread the news. Thanks so much up

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Seriously .. this game is awesome ... The only thing I want personnaly is this game btu harder ( weapons are op right now .. me and my buddys ( yeah I promoted the game succesfully to a couple of person ) were the kind who play dragon age origin at hardest seting or stuff liek demons soul . Sure im nto asking for somethign as ahrd as demon soul ( this game si crazy ) but still smile

Edit: i wanted to say that I think this is the first tiem in my gamer life that I hav ever felt its worth it to post on a forum you guys do an amazing job answering our questions . You take our request seriously and even do folow up . The real error with producer is nto to release somethign that might feel unpolished on soem aspect .. the real error is to not fix them and you guys do a great job at fixing inquiries smile thumb up !

Last edited by Snutze; 09/11/10 04:35 PM.
E
journeyman
journeyman
E
I do agree that a lot of weapons are overpowered. That's why I have made the decision to forfeit any crazy +100 damage weapons I have and start using the new uniques vendors in FoV have that don't have crazy +damage on them. But then I'll have +5 to skills, so I guess it balances out?

old hand
old hand
We'll take the comments regarding certain items feeling overpowered into account with the next update of the game. It's caused by some enchantments (which are also used by the random generator) being available at lower levels. In the same breath, we'll see if we can add a little extra punch in the hard mode.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by 4Serious1
(Fallout New Vegas - Bethesda + their engine is so bad compared to this game...

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas, uses the same game engine (Gamebyro) as Divinity 2: Ego Draconis and Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga. Also Fallout: New Vegas was made by Obsidian not Bethesda.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Originally Posted by 4Serious1
(Fallout New Vegas - Bethesda + their engine is so bad compared to this game...

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas, uses the same game engine (Gamebyro) as Divinity 2: Ego Draconis and Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga. Also Fallout: New Vegas was made by Obsidian not Bethesda.

Not to mention new vegas fixed the enemies leveling with you problem: you can find enemies that absolutely destroy you at any level.

journeyman
journeyman
I also want to say thanks. This game really had it all it's nice to play a game that is deep and fun. The dialogue gameplay and music is great. Lionhead and. Bioware should pay attention. So good work and great game I think I will buy my bro a copy as well: btw I will upload some screens I took of some exceptionally great looking scenes

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well, Fallout: New Vegas feels like Fallout 3 to me (Bethesda), and feels completely different to Divinity 2. Either way New Vegas was clearly influenced in a big way by the way Fallout 3 was developed. IMO Fallout 1 & 2 were both superior to Fallout 3 & New Vegas, regardless of the fact that some of the original Obsidian developers worked on it. I could go into detail as to why but it would take too long. I must admit I thought that Divinity 2 used an inhouse engine, so it surprises me to find out they used Gamebryo (thanks!). Well I guess it just shows Larian know how to make better use of it than Bethesda!

journeyman
journeyman
********** Warning Spoilers !! ***************
I liked the game from the beginning till i reached the part where you conquer the battle tower. Thats when it shifted from Liking the game to Loving the game ! OMG The Battle tower is Awesome! Transforming into the Dragon form is AWESOME i totally fell in love with that game now! My character is badass and the story is great i love it .... im about 20 hours into the game now and im wondering if it can get even better than it already is! can it?

Today i must have waste a good hour just in Dragon form Scouring the skies just for the fun of it, downing a dragonfly here and there for pure entertainment lol ... im sorry if if annoying some people by my constant praises to Larian but i dont care. THANKS Larian for such an awesome Game! Ive already told all my friends how cool this game is so far and one of them bought it too :p

addict
addict
Agreed 100%. Divinity II is everything I love about fantasy RPGs.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Funnily enough I was in the frame of mind that the game was nearly over on reaching the Maxos temple. Now I believe it has only just started, this game is BIG.

Most games of this type that I have played start off great then slowly go down hill from there, but as Quazar12 comments, DKS just gets better and better.

I am finding the humour in DKS absolutely brilliant, so many times I find myself laughing my head off. My latest bout of laughter being caused by the dead lady of many parts, she is pure genius. grin

@Quazar12: Not to worry, if the developers get tired of our praise they can always ban us from the forums. wave

Last edited by Paris; 10/11/10 05:44 AM.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
veteran
veteran
hahaha Paris, hahaha I must laughed by the idea the moderators of this Larianforum "ban" all there big fans because of constantly praising their Divinity games ! hahaha
A nice comment you make, Paris ! smile

A determination :
Today this forum growing faster than ever !! ... A month ago I saw something about 14 900 members ... and now this number is growing up to more than 15 100 !! Very fast in comparison with the time before ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
lol First time I played it there was a a lot of anxiety of when in the world was I was going to be able to turn into a Dragon as it felt like the end was getting very near after doing the Maxos temple. I mean I had been at it for many days, seen so many things, so many places with many missions I had not finished and then BANG!!!

The game had not even started!! smile

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
The game had not even started!! smile

And now you can throw the expansion on top.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm gonna add my opinion in here too.

I bought EG when it came out, from Steam at $50. Played 33 hours of it according to Steam, non-stop and every evening that I could play. That was the only game I played and it's a statement from me since I always tend to play 8 games at the same time and never finish any hahah.

But ED cured that. But at that time Risen released too and I am a huge fan of the Gothic series (Gothic 4 is a joke tho). In fact, it's the Gothic series that introduced me to "EU RPGs" and their awesomeness. So, Risen took the edge of my gaming time and finished it...forgetting a bit about ARPGs and ED.

Then last week I saw in Steam Divinity II : Dragon Knight Saga...and I said WHAT THE?!?!?

Looked at it, read about it, remembered the awesomely good times I had with Ego Draconis and how close I was to finish the game back then. Read about the new graphics engine, new quests, items, overall enhancements (as if it needed it :P) and to add to all of that, Steam gave a 33% off to Ego Draconis owners.

I bought it 7 minutes after I saw it listed in Steam store!

It is now how I spent my spare time, playing DKS! Reminds me of all the good time I had in ED and it's even more amazing.

You guys have in your hands a jewel, a rare pearl which sadly lots of folks don't care to look at. But it's when you find it that you realised what you missed. This game is engrossing, evolving, addictive, pure fun, dialogues, humor, NPCs well crafted, environment so bright yet so dark, hostile and friendly with all it's secrets and inhabitants, it's architecture is amazing (nicely done guys!), it's perils so tempting yet life threatening...This is what an RPG should be, Dragon Knight Saga is all that and more.

Thanks a million guys for your hard work and passion put in this title, a title to be amongst the legends of this genre.

Last edited by Rhezuss; 10/11/10 02:54 PM.

Gaming machine : Win7 Pro 64-bit | Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6950 @ 1536SPs | X-Fi Titanium HD | 6gb DDR2-800 | LG 23" LCD 1080p
Thank you! Very kind words!

If you really love it, only thing we can ask is that you help us spread the word.

Use your twitter/facebook/reallife accounts and get your friends to try it aswell smile

That way we can keep making the games we love to make.

Originally Posted by Greever
Thank you! Very kind words!

If you really love it, only thing we can ask is that you help us spread the word.

I will set out on this quest as soon as I reach level 20 and upgrade my equipment..............oh heck this game is really messing about with my head. silly

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard