Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#425179 10/11/10 08:27 PM
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
He's level 20, and when I went to face him I was level 25.9. I have max Fire Breath, Max Fireball, and 2 ranks in Dragon Spirit and Dragon Shield (counting 2 +1 from items).

He takes of half my health right away, and I can't survive Dragon Spirit doesn't regenerate nearly fast enough to keep me alive, even if I live long enough for a second casting.

I can use potions in dragon form, but they don't heal much, not enough to help. I also can't live long enough to get a level mid-fight for the free healing.

Any advice?

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
I had trouble with this as well. Mainly because of all the other critters around.

I found the most effective way is to strafe around him with spamming fireball whenever it's available.

Also, if you really need to, there is a opening in the cave higher up that automatically changes you back to human form. If you need to heal up a bunch then land up there.

old hand
old hand
Had to reload a couple of times here myself when I was level 25. Best it to just focus on Zagan and ignore his critters. There's no time to take out the nests.

It's best to face Zagan after having met the Patriach and with a complete set of dragon armour, so you have more offense/defense and dragon skills.

But this is what so great about DKS... in Ego Draconis a level 25 character would one-shot Zagan and take no damage at all from his attacks.

Last edited by virumor; 10/11/10 09:41 PM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I beat him. I went back to my tower, made a lot of 200+ healing potions, put those on Dragon Hotkey 8, allocated a point into Dragon Shield and Dragon Blast, and did a lot of quicksaving. It still took a few tries, though.

After that I hit level 26 and decided to try Stone's Flying Fortress, and I discovered that they are MUCH HARDER than they were before. But I got 4.5 levels out of it.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'm confused. I'm at level 32, and there doesn't seem to be a way to beat this. As soon as Zagan goes down, I get about 10 or 12 lvl 20 daemon dragons come out and absolutely destroy me.

Am I doing something wrong?

OK, never mind, I figured it out. The trick is to focus soley on the nests until they are gone, and then go after Zagan.

Last edited by gravidy; 18/11/10 05:53 AM.
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
remember in dragon form right click is your DODGE key.. it moves you in the direct your alreading moving EXTREMLY fast....
you can actually just reverse away from flying enemy units using dodge and both stay out of range of there tracking projectiles till they run out.. meanwhile they run into your fireorb.

I was level 25 and had very hard as well.
In my first attempts I could sometimes kill him but the minions got me afterwards.

Here is my technique, I do not use the spoil tag considering this is the help/hint/trick forum.
Tell me if I should and I will.

I found out, by chance, that in the upper far left there is the open area with the teleporter.
This is where your are teleported if you land down where you came from after the fight.
You can also reach this area by flying and you are automatically transformed back in human form and Azgan does not attack you.

After the conversation and the first transformation I destroy the first nest then rush there and wait to get my health back.
Then quicksave and I rush the 2nd nest and back there. Get health back, quicksave.
Then while finishing Azgan and its minions do not hesitate to got back, replenish life, strike again and so on.

Imarion.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
I just hit this guy at about 25 as well (Don't remember the exact level). It was pretty easy for me, took two tries.

How I did it:
As soon as the fight starts, flame both Nest Towers. Then immediately fly to the safe-point at the top of the map so that you can heal. Save after you heal. Then jump down and the game will automatically turn you back into a Dragon, and take care of him. I did it by circling him flaming, and then used the Fireball once the cooldown is over.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I guess you play the ego dragonic

by the way.. i get another problem.. I killed him.. three time so far... and then there is a short movie about the rock falling.. and the second it's over.. I get hit like 20 time... and of course die... any help?

M
addict
addict
M
I did it on nightmare mode, using Summon Friend (so I could destroy the nets peacefully), and then using Dragon burst (Both skills maxed out).

Dragon Burst killed nearly everyone, there was but one level 20 ennemy left.

Support
Support

I didn't think of trying Summon Friend there. I did try Dragon Burst, but on nightmare difficulty it didn't kill opponents with a single cast (at least not enough of them), so left me vulnerable to attacks for a couple seconds.

Zagan tips

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #449969 09/09/11 03:18 AM
old hand
old hand
Dragon Burst also helps around the Balista towers

@eilouz

Welcome to the Forums hope you have fun wink

D
stranger
stranger
D
easy but a long way to do it is morph back and forth dragonform / human. had like 16 critters when i finally got zagan. so i just morph back and forth when gotten him down. DONT FORGET TO USE DRAGON SHIELD pref max lvl. and just go in and out and 1 shot with fire spehere, and the repeat repeat repeat and lastly you will get all laid down.

just pray you where more lucky then me and have alot less then 16 critters. cause after every morph i was near death.

good luck.

P
stranger
stranger
P
i had a hard time at first, but then i figured out that zagan and his minions will only attack you in dragon form, i just hopped up right next to his fire orb thing with the arms, and i shot him out of the sky with my bow. gotta love exploding arrows. but i mindread him and he said his prize was a dragon helmet, but after i beat him, i did not see any loot bag over the spot where he died, and when i went into the cave above it wasnt in that chest either. help?

veteran
veteran
I had a hard time too, but I didn't lowered the difficulty this time, playing on nightmare and I was level 22 :hihi:

And I did it the same way, with my bow.
In dragon form I'm to slow to react fast to evade the fast attacks of Zagan and the other flying demons ! The only thing I did in dragon form was trying to destroy the Nests as fast as possible, but if I didn't change fast enough back in humon form I was killed again ... eek

Next time I must think about it to take a stronger bow with me so it goes a little bit faster biggrin

If Zagan is killed there is never a lootbag, so that's normal wink
In the chest I found 1 piece of equipment for my dragon (the Chainmail Dragon Helmet with the skill Firesphere).
Maybe that's the one Zagan thougth about when Mindreading him ? wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Imarion
I found out, by chance, that in the upper far left there is the open area with the teleporter.
This is where your are teleported if you land down where you came from after the fight.
You can also reach this area by flying and you are automatically transformed back in human form and Azgan does not attack you.

After the conversation and the first transformation I destroy the first nest then rush there and wait to get my health back.
Then quicksave and I rush the 2nd nest and back there. Get health back, quicksave.
Then while finishing Azgan and its minions do not hesitate to got back, replenish life, strike again and so on.

Imarion.

This way is absolutely amazing. But in my case I've focused on Zagan first -> watch cutscene -> then fly to corridor up left. That's it - you don't need to kill other demons just return to Beatrice for reward. Good luck!

Last edited by vometia; 04/03/17 08:32 PM. Reason: formatting

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard