Next Thread
Print Thread
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Hi Folks,

I'm not sure if this is part of the game or not or if bosses get their stats randomized. It seems that on occasion I will get killed instantly by a Fireball or other spell(I can dodge it but if it even grazes me OR my minions I die either way). I am of level and playing on hard, however this has happened when playing on Normal as well. The problem does not go away if I reload or restart the game, it would appear it is tied to that play-through. Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

A few things to consider:

- I am higher level than the mobs I'm taking on, with high Vitality
- Magic Armor is reasonably high with 50% damage reduction
- It seems to happen with bosses only, happened once with Raze and that stun spell on Normal, but did normal damage on Hard
- Laiken will kill me instantly in the Hall of Echoes if his Fireball comes within 2 meters of me or hits my minion with the fireball on Hard
- Even if my minion is far away from me, I will still die
- I have the steam version

This does add a degree of difficulty to the game(which I'm not complaining about), and for the most part I can kill most of the bosses if I can close the gap while their spell is on cool-down and burn with thousand strikes and fatality, I would just like to make sure this is something I shouldn't be worrying about.

Support
Support

An occasional one hit kill isn't a big deal, though in D2:ED that was generally confined to higher level bosses using exploding arrows, etc, or possibly similarly leveled bosses getting a lucky shot in. You definitely shouldn't die if your creature gets hit, though, or with near misses.

Try emailing support@larian.com; if it doesn't turn out to just be a glitch with your install/system, I'd think they might want a couple saves to help track down the problem.

[PC] Support FAQ - The Dragon Knight Saga

F
stranger
stranger
F
Hi

I am having the same problem with one of the bosses in the flying fortresses (Raze).
Im above lvl 30, magic resistance is around 55% and he kills my everytime before I can even act.
I tried it about 40 times, allways the same. In addition I am affected by the "dissapearing Quest-NPC"-Bug in another flying fortress.

And yet another strange Bug: While fighting through Kali's Fortress at some point the enemies stopt to react. Most of them were even invisible, but they showed up at the map and I could kill them. They briefly showed up while dying. At first, only the members of the Black RIng where affected, later the Skeletons where affected to. They just stood still, and didn't counterattack. After killing most of the enemies on the map, the remaining forces started to come back to live. (possibly after transforming myself into a dragon and flying to another island, not sure)

Hope you can fix this soon, game is unplayable at the moment

Support
Support

A couple saves at appropriate points could help Larian track down the problem (support@larian.com). If you are so inclined, include a description of the issue and/or link to this topic.

Raze's Headquarters Bug - can't see Raze

U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
Atleast we know its not an isolated incident now. I will send my saves over ASAP.

Originally Posted by Fredericks
Hi

I am having the same problem with one of the bosses in the flying fortresses (Raze).
Im above lvl 30, magic resistance is around 55% and he kills my everytime before I can even act.
I tried it about 40 times, allways the same. In addition I am affected by the "dissapearing Quest-NPC"-Bug in another flying fortress.

And yet another strange Bug: While fighting through Kali's Fortress at some point the enemies stopt to react. Most of them were even invisible, but they showed up at the map and I could kill them. They briefly showed up while dying. At first, only the members of the Black RIng where affected, later the Skeletons where affected to. They just stood still, and didn't counterattack. After killing most of the enemies on the map, the remaining forces started to come back to live. (possibly after transforming myself into a dragon and flying to another island, not sure)

Hope you can fix this soon, game is unplayable at the moment

O
stranger
stranger
O
I had the same experience with the Black Ring being invisible in the Kali fortress. I could still kill them but they only appeared once they were dying.

The strange thing is that the other monsters near them (beholders) worked as normal. Only the Black Ring were invisible and did not fight back.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey,

I had a problem with Raze (being killd instantly by his first spell). You will be able to survive, just drink both greater red and white potions (cant remember names... laugh ) for HP and for mana and HP, before he attacks, as soon as hes done talking.

Enjoy!

old hand
old hand
We figured out what's causing this problem and will do two things - make a fix for it available within the next update of the game, and try to fix people's savegame's if they send them to us (support@larian.com).

If possible can you send us (support@larian.com) some savegames of insta-killing bosses. We are working on a fix and want to make sure that we have fixed all these issues.
Please reference this thread when you contact support.

Thanks in advance

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
this bug seems to be with pausing during the cutsceene....

With raze for an example the quicker you get though the cut sceenes with him the less explosions you get as soon as the battle starts.

since his normal magic attack is a single explosion it seems he is cueing them up while talking and then unleashes them all at once.

the player also seems able to do this.. with magic missiles jump up from behind cover... then as soon as you fall back behind cover the enemy stays targeted for a split second you can actually launch machinegun mode 3-4 barrages of missiles in a split second the faster you tap the more you shoot.

M
stranger
stranger
M
My first playthrough, this was happening with raze. He would cast magic blast instantly at the start, no time to go invisible or throw up any defense. I'd drink a 300ish HP pot and still die with my 700 HP pool in one shot. It happened about 5 times in a row, I got frustrated, turned around the last time and went on some other fortresses. Came back a level later and he never even cast magic blast. Was easy to beat.

In my second playthrough, I met the magic blasting raze again, but this time he maybe hit me for 15 a tick with it. No worries, quickly dispatched.

Later in the hall of echoes, I played through the whole arena fight scene, and beat it without every encountering magic blast from any NPCs. ThenI realized I forgot to mindread some of the NPCs, so I decided to reload a save file and do it again. This time, the male (forgot his name) of the pompous noble couple was casting an 1 hit kill magic blast. I had 850HP and drinking a 350ish HP pot was just enough to survive the blast (with about 100 HP left). I was able to kill him first to move on past the fight, but just barely.

There clearly is a random bug with a boss getting this ability that cauces insane damage. Both times I had 50-65% magic defense, and obviously more HP then most.

Edit: I'm on the steam client too.

Last edited by Marbhachir; 20/11/10 04:54 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I was having the insta-kill issue with fireball-tossing Imps in the Imp's Lair of the Fjord. I'll see if I can find a save near it.

I got this problem in Stone fortress with 2 bosses.
I think my level was around 29/30 and theirs is around 27.

Especially the necromancer who is with Isabelle.
He used exploding arrow + poison and I was killed in 2 shots + 1 second (for the poison).

The second one was with the general you meet for the first time in one of the interior dungeon.

In both cases I could finally kill them by hiding and/or taking back the teleporter, rest, and back to the fight.
And spamming all my spells.
Playing pure mage helped.

Imarion

veteran
veteran
I've had a bug where Keara instakills me from 740 health and 30% MR if I piss off Velanir to get him to join in the fight. I was Level 33, wearing the Complete Scorpion Set.

That one seems like a Magic Blast or two, and Geishnz instakills me with what I think is a polymorph + Magic Blast combination at 749 health and 30% MR. Level 33 Scorpion set as well. I didn't even have time to retreat after the conversation ended.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard