Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Or is the ability to mod in this game less then other games in this genre? I'd like to see a forum for people interested in developing mods... If the game completely lacks the potential to do anything cool, perhaps Divinity 3 will have more modding features? As a lot of upcoming competition in this genre is going to have modding support or official toolsets... Two worlds 2, Hunted, Torclight 2, Grim Dawm Dungeon Siege 3, Witcher 2, Neverwinter Nights Reborn, Dragon Age 2 are those of which so far that have been announced.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Soulmancer
Or is the ability to mod in this game less then other games in this genre? I'd like to see a forum for people interested in developing mods... If the game completely lacks the potential to do anything cool, perhaps Divinity 3 will have more modding features? As a lot of upcoming competition in this genre is going to have modding support or official toolsets... Two worlds 2, Hunted, Torclight 2, Grim Dawm Dungeon Siege 3, Witcher 2, Neverwinter Nights Reborn, Dragon Age 2 are those of which so far that have been announced.

It would be possible to mod it if the game could use the mods without having to replace the default resources. Once that is in place then it is a matter of working out the file forms and making tools* for modding.

* which would likely need to be simple, but there are things (such as items) that seem like it would not be too hard to make a tool for.

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
DKS is an excellent game as is, but just imagine how good it could get with a good modding community behind it.

Could also lift some of the weight off Larians shoulders too ie: someone wants this and the other wants that, no need to bug Larian for it, there's a mod for it.

But, I dont think a fully working game editor like Beths CS or The Geck are easy or quick to put together and exhaustively test.

old hand
old hand
I'm afraid the development pipeline of div2 is fairly complicated and I actually can't imagine how we could make it available to you all, but I'll give the coders a big scare on monday and ask them exactly how we could go about it. There is an extensive tool chain with which I think you could do fantastic things, but getting it installed on your hard drives might be too much effort. That said, it's worth contemplating.

stranger
stranger
Well I hope with those tools (if Larian provides us with them:)) we can localize the game more easily (SecuROM is a very very VERY annoying protection, when modding Divinity 2's files).

Divinity 2: Ego Draconis Hungarian Translation: 100% DL: https://bit.ly/asCstr
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Are there any plans for Divinity 3 potentially to include more mod friendly support? Modding potential in PC games in this genre appears to be going through the roof over the next couple years... It'd be great to see modding taken into consideration in advance for Divinity 3. Really improves the longevity of the game... A lot of people don't really acknowledge that while games like Fallout and Oblivion were great. Community mods made them a hell of a lot better after the games official release... Not to mention mods that have even given new life to less thrilling games like Risen or completely failed games like Gothic 3. Upcoming rpgs and action rpgs whether they be single player or multiplayer that will be including modding support or toolsets are as follows.

Two Worlds 2, Hunted, Witcher 2, Torchlight 2, Dragon Age 2, Neverwinter Nights Reborn, Grim Dawn, Dungeon Siege 3.

Currently it only seems to be Risen 2 & Diablo 3 that won't have any official modding support upon release.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I'm afraid the development pipeline of div2 is fairly complicated and I actually can't imagine how we could make it available to you all, but I'll give the coders a big scare on monday and ask them exactly how we could go about it. There is an extensive tool chain with which I think you could do fantastic things, but getting it installed on your hard drives might be too much effort. That said, it's worth contemplating.

you have any idea how much harddisk space true modders have,besides a true modder wil learn a new engine in no-time.

but if the coders dont want to give away there little treasure for us modders. then thats their choice,they made the game,they can decide we are allowed to mod or not. (pls let us mod,pls pls pls xD)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by GiantAXe

you have any idea how much harddisk space true modders have,besides a true modder wil learn a new engine in no-time.

but if the coders dont want to give away there little treasure for us modders. then thats their choice,they made the game,they can decide we are allowed to mod or not. (pls let us mod,pls pls pls xD)

More like developer tools are not really that usable by modders (and not just because they target high spec machines... it has been said that Larian uses modest specs for the machines they use). It can be things like long times for building the mod for use in the game, requiring access to the network the devs use, or just being unfriendly to users in general. Since getting it to users will involve programmers, it sounds like they will need to be changed before release.

---

Before modding tools, though, there needs to be support for using mods without overriding the official content.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Gwenio
Originally Posted by GiantAXe

More like developer tools are not really that usable by modders (and not just because they target high spec machines... it has been said that Larian uses modest specs for the machines they use). It can be things like long times for building the mod for use in the game, requiring access to the network the devs use, or just being unfriendly to users in general. Since getting it to users will involve programmers, it sounds like they will need to be changed before release.

---

Before modding tools, though, there needs to be support for using mods without overriding the official content.

well yea okey true. but still modding support would be great.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard