Print Thread
#426110 13/11/10 09:33 PM
K
Kris210 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Recently got to know Larian and loving DKS ! I'm a newby to RPG; I played Oblivion, Two Worlds and Dragon Age, but none of these could really hold my attention for (very) long. Moreover, since I've only limited 'playtime' I only play games that I like...a lot, and DKS (xbox360) is on of those !
I'm currently only level 9, mainly because I like to explore every inch and didn't get to the real quests yet (+ spilling way to much experience point with mindreading ;-)
Couldn't believe this is made in Belgium ! I can imagine you didn't have the big budgets and huge team the big players have available, but you guys (and girls ?) made up for it and then some by crafting this RPG gem with love, care for dialogues, characters and so much eye for detail, not to forget sense of humour. Great job or as we say : goe bezig !! hehe
I'll spread the word; you are not getting the attention and praise you deserve !

Last edited by Kris210; 13/11/10 09:34 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kris210
I'm currently only level 9, mainly because I like to explore every inch and didn't get to the real quests yet (+ spilling way to much experience point with mindreading ;-)

Actaully, that is a good thing. Because the XP from enemies drops as you level up, if you mind read, kill things, and THEN complete quests you will get more XP.

We see many posts of this kind with thanks and congratulations.

I want to say we do not see it so often even for good games.

Fallout NV for example has sold 5 millions, but I have yet to see such kind of posts on the forum.
Same goes for lots of games made by bigger studios.
I do not remember such a post for Starcraft 2 either, but I do not go so often on their forum.

Just 2 small examples.

Imarion

Last edited by Imarion; 13/11/10 10:54 PM.
K
Kris210 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Thanks for this info ! Still have some readings to do then hehe

old hand
old hand
That's because 90% of the larger companys have lost their heart & replaced their love of making games with there love of making money.

K
Kris210 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
It's the first time I joined a game forum to express such positives feelings, but I couldn't resist, I was really surprised by the quality of the game. Maybe it has to do (partially) with the fact that it's a Belgian game, the underdog that pulls it off ;-)
But what caught me most and what is obvious is that it's really made with care and love, not so common in today's game industry with the quick bucks ...

Last edited by Kris210; 13/11/10 09:48 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard