Next Thread
Print Thread
#426496 15/11/10 04:47 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I play quite a few RPG games and actually skipped Ego Draconis too start with due to some nasty drawbacks.
With the new Dragon Knight Saga alot has changed so i thought why not try the new version.

I seriously have been waiting for something like this to come by for a LONG time now and finally you have delivered smile

One thing i hate most about some RPG's is the Turn-Based crap. Im not playing chess now am i? I want a rolling stream of fun not pausing it every battle or even multiple time per battle.
However the method that you guys have added to the game actually makes it just that little bit more fun to play thus adding a very sweat game play factor. Thank you as my idea of what semi-turnbased can mean has changed still forcing one to think fast instead.
(IMO Dragon Age is the worst piece of crap ive played in years. Ive tried it like 5 times with new angles of approach and seriously never get further then lvl 8 or so due to pure lack of intrest. I seriously do not understand why that game gets such high ratings while the game play factor is an utter failure. If i want to play it for the story alone ill read a book)

I love the story and every twist counting even the irritating Bellegar and Willy. The sense of sarcasm is lovely every now and then actually making me laugh out loud. Trust me this doesnt happen often when im gaming.

Ofcourse every game has its drawbacks but its more about how much they change gameplay then anything else. This is a small list of things i have noticed which have been a thorn in my eye abit.

-Comon only 2 models for town folks? Abit boring to see the same face every time with a different name and haircut. (I sure hope divinity 3 will have more models pretty please)

-Dialogs with enemy's initiate you to put your weapons away but does not redraw them after the dialog is done(EXTREMELY ANNOYING) You should have made it so it keeps the weapon state you were in before starting the dialog.

-No way to set my own save game names pretty much makes it a hassle to keep track of what i saved and also not being able to delete any makes it even more confusing from time to time.

-Not really a debatable game play design but rather irritating. When out in the flying fortresses in Orobas Fjords i was unable to kill some bosses like Raze simply because they where not there. The fight would initiate but with nothing to hit. Those flying fortresses still need some work. I even had a few islands that the monsters would be invisible and not engage in combat but i could still whack the **** out of them as i could see the mini map positions. This kind of nullified any form a fun to be had from the flying fortresses(and not completing Ulting set or what ever its called). This was without any change to graphic engine settings. Only after these fortresses did i go looking for clues as to fix it with settings but to no avail. During this search i finally found out you guys added th config.xml laugh and changed my FPS max to 0 (Thank you finally). After this i only had once during a transition that the game simply diapered and i have to restart it again.
Im impressed although it crashed once and probably due to my own choice of changing FPS this game is one of the most stable games ive come across. Many praises to the new engine and the correct implementation of it.

-In the last flight with my dragon form why on earth do i all of a sudden have crappy bone armor equipped with all my gear in my bags and unable to choose any form of skill. This made the last dragon battle somewhat more an arcade game then part of the story.

I normally never post nor reply to game forums simply because either the game is crap or the developers think they are god. Neither is the case with you guys at Larian so i thought that i would at the very least give some feedback for a great game.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Bezerker
(IMO Dragon Age is the worst piece of crap ive played in years. Ive tried it like 5 times with new angles of approach and seriously never get further then lvl 8 or so due to pure lack of intrest. I seriously do not understand why that game gets such high ratings while the game play factor is an utter failure. If i want to play it for the story alone ill read a book)

While i understand the fact that you have the right to your opinions, i must say i completely dissagree with you there. DA has such a high rating for alot of reasons which i will not debate with you here. I personally found that game awesome too. Its just a different gameplay than DKS (in my opinion much more strategy-centered while DKS is much more hack'n slash). Some like DA more while others preffer DKS ... im kind of more in the 3rd camp, the ones that love em both :p

-Dialogs with enemy's initiate you to put your weapons away but does not redraw them after the dialog is done(EXTREMELY ANNOYING) You should have made it so it keeps the weapon state you were in before starting the dialog.

VERY TRUE, given the fact that most of the time when the dialogue with an ennemy ends, you loose 2 seconds at the start of a fight redrawing weapons, precious seconds that can turn the tides in a Boss's favor for exemple. Its not a big minus but it is an annoyance. I also agree with you on the fact that it is not possible to name the Savegame files ourselves. Im on the same boat as everyone saving alot during their DKS playthru and sometimes i have a hard time figuring out which savegame is which eh

As for the part of your post about Bosses in the Flying Fortresses not being there or regular mosters that seems to not show graphically, i myself have not encountered such bugs so id pretty much guess it doesnt have to do with how the game was made, maybe more to do with a conflict between the game and your own computer.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Quazar12
As for the part of your post about Bosses in the Flying Fortresses not being there or regular mosters that seems to not show graphically, i myself have not encountered such bugs so id pretty much guess it doesnt have to do with how the game was made, maybe more to do with a conflict between the game and your own computer.

There probably is some conflict but just to get one thing strait im sort of a PC freak so my rig is sort of off the chart regarding components. (never really believed in BS like crossfire or SLI so thats the only thing i dont have and saves me alot of problem regarding game glitches)

And guessing by the fact that it only happen in those zones (and not only to me if you google it) and everything else is working perfectly i actually suspect exactly the opposite of what your stating. If it would be my PC as cause then it wouldn't be so isolated to specific area's of the game.

journeyman
journeyman
Unfortunately i dont see much solutions to you graphic problems there. The best i can think of is maybe go on the Tech support thread and send a post including the detailed descrition of your troubles and also including a Dxdiag file helps them alot to help you smile chances are they got more solutions to propose you than me smile

old hand
old hand
or it could just simply be a bad copy of the game every game get's them burn the game onto a disc that's not as high quality as the rest & it f***'s up. Nothing to do with the dev's just a case of bad luck you always have one or 2 dodgy discs in a set when you buy blank discs to burn stuff on maybe it's a simple case of the disc was just a bad one.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Lol ok guys please stop very funny.

First of all a DXdiag is nothing more then a list of PC components with driver version. 9 out of 10 times developers asking for that info without anything else specifically are just putting you off with a default answer so you think your getting help.

A bad disc. Now i haven't heard that one in a long time. Mostly MD5 checksums (or similar) are used while unpacking game cabinet files to make sure the file you have is complete so any disc error would show during install and not late in the game.
Anyway i don't have disks but use the steam edition.
And it has been fully patched with the most recent fixes(by steam not me)

My search with Google has shown me that Larian already knows about these problems. So unless you would like to discuss anything else game related please stop about the technical part as you don't have a clue what your talking about.

I just wanted to let Larian know what i think of the game and some minor points i think should get some attention thats all. No offence but im not looking to be wasting my time here with nonsence.

Lol ok guys please stop very funny.

First of all a DXdiag is nothing more then a list of PC components with driver version. 9 out of 10 times developers asking for that info without anything else specifically are just putting you off with a default answer so you think your getting help.

This is not entirely correct, the dxdiag can show obvious problems like out of date drivers and such + it is an easy way for us to see what kind of hardware that is involved. I do agree that just the dxdiag is not enough to solve real issues but it is a useful thing to have to start from.

old hand
old hand
then no1 don't ask for help no2 stop replying if you "Wasting your time" no one is making you reply, but in the future if I see a thread started by you & it's to do with needing help I certainley won't be helping even if I know the awnser. The Arrogance of people like you that just want reasons to complain is beyond contempt, If you did'nt want help you should'nt have started a thread if you wanted to make larian aware of an issue then you should have just messaged them at their tech support. Instead you start this thread & then insult the people that tried to help, in futrue just contact Larian directley don't bother wasting anyones time posting a thread.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Divine Avenger go start flamewar with someone who could give a crap about it. And if you even remotely think you would help someone by telling them their install disc are defective then your dead wrong.

I can see an idiot believing you running back to the store demanding his/her money back because 3 in game models are missing and you told them so.
I will not get involved your stupid pranks.

Some of my men were missing on the flying fortresses, just a little arrow over thin air, but I recalled reading earlier that this was a known issue, and as far as I can remember it was to do with your graphics card drivers, which I am very reluctant to change. It was not a problem and I managed to kill all of those invisible enemy's. smile

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
old hand
old hand
Divine Avenger go start flamewar with someone who could give a crap about it. And if you even remotely think you would help someone by telling them their install disc are defective then your dead wrong.

I can see an idiot believing you running back to the store demanding his/her money back because 3 in game models are missing and you told them so.
I will not get involved your stupid pranks.

Unlikeley because I got it on the 360 & theres nothing wrong with it as far as I've seen so go jump up a dead man's a** in might make the sh** coming out of your mouth smell better. Sometimes things have easy fix's & sometimes thay don't but their is no damb reason for you to come on the forums whining like a B**** insulting people for offering some friendley help. If you have a problem speak to larian don't come on here posting crap then bi***ing at people for offering their help & opinion.

Arrogant idiots like you are the ones I pitty most so self centered & blind to everything without an open mind, such a sad life that must be. To be blind to everything that really matters is very sad indeed, The hardest truths to hear are the best truths to know, I really do pitty you so very sad.

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 15/11/10 11:23 AM.
Paris #426564 15/11/10 11:15 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Paris
Some of my men were missing on the flying fortresses, just a little arrow over thin air, but I recalled reading earlier that this was a known issue, and as far as I can remember it was to do with your graphics card drivers, which I am very reluctant to change. It was not a problem and I managed to kill all of those invisible enemy's. smile

I had one things similar to that happen on lord of the rings battle for middle earth but I just uninstalled the game & reinstalled it & it was fine.

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 15/11/10 11:24 AM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Divine Avenger i hope that you do realize that anyone who reads this topic is going to think your a total moron.
I seriously couldn't careless. Your prank already has been busted so whatever go find some other looser for your enjoyment.

And now to think your using a reinstall idea from a totally different game as a solution?? OMFG

Last edited by Bezerker; 15/11/10 11:31 AM.
old hand
old hand
Divine Avenger i hope that you do realize that anyone who reads this topic is going to think your a total moron.
I seriously couldn't careless. Your prank already has been busted so whatever go find some other looser for your enjoyment.

And now to think your using a reinstall idea from a totally different game as a solution?? OMFG

Was I talking to you no so shut the hell up idiot you've just proved my point you just want to find any reason you can to whine oh boo hoo what's wrong mummy ignoring you. if anyone sounds like a moron it's you coz anyone reading this topic will see that you were the on that started with the attitude not me. Myself & Quazar 12 offered you an opinion & you started with attitude so if you don't like it oh well no skin off my nose.

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 15/11/10 11:39 AM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
My topic ill do what ever i like go make your own or ill start demanding rent Because as far as i can see Paris was responding to me(my topic) not to you and still hasn't

old hand
old hand
as for my whole point on the disc it could well be right depending on the type of disc used is depending on where the data is stored. On CD's the data recorded is stored at the top of the disc under the where thay print the name of the product, any scratch to that will corrupt the data. on a DVD the data is stored in the center of the disc so theres more room for error a scratch could stop the computer reading the data but it won't corrupt the data. There could be any number of reasons for your exp but there is still no need to insult people for having an opinion. Everyone is entitled to have one even if you agree with it or not you have no right to give people attitude for saying something you don't agree with.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I already gave you my normal explanation as to why your idea would not work and you take it as an insult. Anything beyond that is just your own short temper
I must say i did not specify if i was a console user so for that part i must apologize but given the fact that i was already talking about the DXdiag should have triggered something unless of course your just a simple console user without any PC gaming knowledge and just rely only on disc's for your Xbox.

Why would you even be bugging anyone about technical issues if your using a platform that is never affected by them???
(Besides of course scratched discs.....)

old hand
old hand
well forgive me for wanting to help I do play pc games that is why I offered my opinion but I also know that pc games tend to be released half the time with more bugs than the console version have.PC's are very tempramental & even a spec of dust on a disc can make them have a bratt attack. I don't want to argue all I wanted to do was help, I brought up the disc because I've known it to happen on some games that I own where it's not picked up on the game not installing properley. 90% of the time it tells you mid intallation but I have had it where I've been playing the game & out of knowere it started haveing a mental breakdown claiming that the game data is corrupt. I uninstall it & reinstall it & it tends to fix the problem when that happens but not all the time. It could be the data was'nt encoded properley it could also be that your graphics card wants a vacation or a pay rise for all the work it does smile. there are a lot of reasons why stuff like that happens all you can do is find the problem & correct it the best way you can.

If it was a scratched disc I'd take it to gamestation to get it repaired that it if it was'nt the data part that was scratched

Last edited by Divine Avenger; 15/11/10 12:29 PM.
old hand
old hand
Play nice, kids. No use for calling each other names. Bezerker: thanks for the compliments in your first post. We have read the suggestions and remarks too of course.

Tweeting @forktong

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard