Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#427478 18/11/10 10:43 AM
Paris Offline OP
OP Offline

D2ED was totally brilliant, I enjoyed every minute.
I would give it a score of (9.2/10), this could have been (9.8/10) if it wasn't for the imaginative ending. A ending that has the player thinking "what was the point of it all" is never a good ending. smile

FOV is very well put together but I was expecting more of the same as D2ED, alas it was not to be. In truth I think FOV has to be in my list of "most boring to play games" ever.
I have not even finished FOV, I got to the overly difficult to be enjoyable part (dragon and zeppelin) then gave up. It's a shame I will never get to see the new ending, maybe I can find it on youtube at some date in the future. My score (4/10)

Divinity III:
I hope that what ever this may end up being called will be along the lines of D2ED and more D2ED, and of course have a happy ending. claphands

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
old hand
old hand
why did you give up that's the end of FOV you finish that section then fight the last boss

Paris Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Divine Avenger
why did you give up that's the end of FOV you finish that section then fight the last boss

I guess it was because I wasn't having any fun DA, actually it was quite the opposite, it just feels pointless to carry on.

I do think it was a really bad decision to have FOV played out in the confines of a town.
The title "Flames of vengeance" seems unfitting, I would have chosen a more apt title,such as "Sherlock Holmes and the mysterious case of 1001 wizards" wink

The part were you take dragon form could have been fun if they had given a command to halt the zeppelin, to be doing so well just to have the stupid zeppelin driver crash was most disheartening. ouch

Anyway, never mind, no point crying over what might have been.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Paris

D2ED was totally brilliant, I enjoyed every minute.
I would give it a score of (9.2/10), this could have been (9.8/10) if it wasn't for the imaginative ending. A ending that has the player thinking "what was the point of it all" is never a good ending. smile

FOV is very well put together but I was expecting more of the same as D2ED, alas it was not to be. In truth I think FOV has to be in my list of "most boring to play games" ever.
I have not even finished FOV, I got to the overly difficult to be enjoyable part (dragon and zeppelin) then gave up. It's a shame I will never get to see the new ending, maybe I can find it on youtube at some date in the future. My score (4/10)

Divinity III:
I hope that what ever this may end up being called will be along the lines of D2ED and more D2ED, and of course have a happy ending. claphands

I am partially agree with you,it's true the second part is a bit borring you have a huge city and you walk on the streets and houses like the minotaur in the labyrint,from Ego Draconis is a back step but the ending with the Zeppelin attack leaded by me is very very impressive this is the best part of all the game I think.
And Ygerna only in hard mode you can fight her in a interesting mode xD
To be honest I played Dragon Knight Saga nor Flames of vengeance but I think is not a big differance I only hope in the next patch will add some new stuff to the game :P

stranger
stranger
I agree that gameplay-wise FoV wasn't as diverse as ED, but I thought it worked given the overall story.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard