Print Thread
T
Tixu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

First I'd like to thank Larian Studios for releasing such a great game enhancement as DKS is. I loved Ego Draconis, but DKS is even better on every single aspect.
The only thing that bothers me is that this version seems a bit buggy (when i didn't stumble upon a single glitch in the Ego Draconis version).

So far, i've had two problems that really bother me :

1. When I save, sometimes the game crashes. This is completely random, it only happens when I save and it's not systematic at all, but it happens on a regular basis, enough to have me fear each save I try to make.
It freezes as soon as the "preparing save" message appears, and then the only thing I can do is to reboot the Xbox.
I don't think it comes from the xbox itself, as it only happens during a save, and I don't seem to have a problem on other games.

2. The NPC Locke in the Black Boar Inn seems to be disabled or something. I see him, there is an exclamation point over his head that marks him as a quest giver, but I can't talk to him. I don't even see the contextual message telling me to press LB when I'm looking at him. I don't see his name; nothing. Thus I can't do his quest, and I can't open his cart.

For information, I'm playing on the French version of DKS, on a regular 360 (not slim).

Thanks in advance for your support.
Tixu

B
Bvs Offline
stranger
stranger
B
Hi Tixu,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm looking for more information about the savegame issues you're having. Do you have the issue when saving from the menu aswell or only during autosaves in-game?

About the missing NPC, does reloading your game help or is he never there?

Last edited by Bvs; 08/11/10 10:56 AM.
T
Tixu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
For the save problem, I've only encountered the problem during a manual save from the menu. Never from the autosave feature (but I've seen a post from a guy who had the same problem with autosaving).

As for the "disabled NPC", the fact is the guy is there, I can see him : only, I cannot interact with him.
I tried saving and reloading in front of him, outside the inn, going out and entering the inn again. Nothing works. The NPC is there, but I can never interact with him.

Thanks for support, it's really appreciated.

Last edited by Tixu; 08/11/10 11:07 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
yes ive had the game crash during an autosave a couple times.

i detailed the post in the main discussion forums for DKS.

this game does seem prone to crashing.
during the 15 or so hours ive played its crashed -

once during a cutscene in maxos tower
twice autosaving
once whilst battling at broken valley quarry
once whilst running around broken valley

250gb 360 slim. game installed to hard drive. uk pal version bought from gamestation.

B
Bvs Offline
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks, our engineers and our test lab are looking into the savegame problems you are having.

As for the problems in the Black Boar:
Do you still have a savegame just before you send away the soldiers from the tavern? If so, may I ask to try and redo the quest? But try to wait in the tavern until the soldiers left the room and Locke enters the building and sits on his chair. Can you interact with him now?

T
Tixu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Unfortunately, I don't have a savegame before that moment. Since Locke's quest isn't vital, I moved on with the game and replaced all my saves since then.

Still, I could try to launch a newgame and check if it happens again, as this is fairly soon in the game. I'll see if I can do it this evening.
If I remember correctly what I did back then, it might be possible that I exited the Black Boar before Locke was set in his place, because as a veteran from Ego Draconis, I have the habit to exit the inn as soon as the soldiers leave, in order to make David spawn smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
Rather than create a new thread for it, I too have trouble with saving. Twice it has frozen for no apparent reason (Or at least one, the first time I killed a troll and tried sheathing my weapon, the game froze. Restarted and it turns out there was a short cutscene right after that, might've been some error there. The second time was after I got the Battle Tower, went to the morgue to check it out, jumped over some debris, froze instantly.)

Now I'm in the Mine in the Broken Valley (after getting the Battle Tower), and since the enemies are tough as nails I save a lot. But it has frozen thrice in the last twenty minutes now, and it's starting to annoy me. I rarely lose much playing time, but having to hear my character repeat "I've been poisoned!" three hundred million times each time (since there's always some poison-spamming ranger somewhere) does get on your nerves very quickly.

Edit: Oh and I have DKS for the 360, got the European version this Wednesday.

Last edited by Numbers; 19/11/10 12:55 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard