Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
PC Version - DKS - Downloaded from Larian Web site

The Shaman that drops the key seems to be behind the locked door and thus inaccessible. This breaks three separate quests:

A Hunting We Will Go Again
The Grave Robbers
The Gremory Treasure

This is a fun game, but the number of bugs is somewhat surprising and unsettling. More and more when I'm stumped by how to continue, I have to go to forums and game guide sites to determine if there's a bug or if I just missed something. And usually I find that it's a bug.

Other bugs have included the missing Rune Keeper Troll, various villains not being where they're supposed to be (such as Stone, his henchman with the creature; another of the bandits from the Hunting quest is displaced into the water, etc.)

It's especially aggravating since the Ego Draconis portion of the DKS has been out for so long now. I can't imagine how many bugs I'll encounter in the second, newer, half of the game.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant, but my confidence in the game and in Larian Studios has been shaken. Perhaps I've just hit a rough patch where the various bugs have followed one upon the other, but if the pattern continues, the game will be too annoying to continue with.

Any response would be appreciated. I will find the proper email address and send a Save Game with the Imp Cave bug momentarily.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Ah. And to add to the aggravation:

The advice to email Save games to 'support@larian.com' is unfortunately no longer an option. Mail directed at that address receives this reply:

----
<alex.vandenabeele at larian.com> Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)
----

Ouch.

Any suggestions for how to proceed at this juncture would be appreciated.

old hand
old hand
It should have arrived at support too, alex is just a forward.

Tweeting @forktong
veteran
veteran
@picaresque: we have indeed received your save game well, it's already back and fixed wink
Have fun on your adventure!

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
That's almost inhumanly quick for how many individuals you must be supporting in this way. Thanks for that.

While I'm a little disappointed that these bugs exist, I am floored by the superb support. Good job, Larian.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Ack. The Imp Shaman who drops the key to enter the second portion of the cave seems to still be stuck behind the locked door.

Granted, I am not certain that an Imp Shaman drops that key. It could be a puzzle that I am meant to figure out. But after spending thirty some-odd minutes trying to figure out the Troll/Rune puzzle (only to discover it was a bug) and after researching this particular location, the best information I can find tells me that there should be a shaman there who drops a key to the locked door.

For what it's worth, Moor and his buddies are now where they are supposed to be.

I have re-sent the Save game to 'support@larian.com' in the hopes of getting this resolved.

For those following along at home, my post concerning the 'Quota exceeded' information was incomplete. If you send a Save game you will receive that message, but your game is still forwarded to the correct individuals. And as you can see from this post, their turn-around time is quite impressive.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Cannot open the door from the Imp cave. No work around to pass this?

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Anubis,

Are you seeing the Imp Totem Shamans in the cave?

If so, one of them should be dropping a key that lets you through that door.

If not, then welcome to the Imp's Lair Bug Club. You'll need to email your Save game file to support@larian.com. They will fix the problem and email the file back to you. It took them less than 24 hours when I sent in my file.

Good luck.

K
stranger
stranger
K
sir its been an hour since ive entered the base of raze and hes nowhere to be found ive already sent the save games to your support; always spawned walking armor only and no raze pls help so i can continue the game +_+...

K
stranger
stranger
K
how can i finish this area raze headquarters i been clicking the 2 lever and still spawned walking armor always spawning theres no end of killing them they keep spawning because raze did not came out, is there any problem with my game...

It's a bug. If you've sent your savegames to support, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard