Next Thread
Print Thread
#429458 28/11/10 09:05 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Picture the scene: The Larian team have just completed the rework of Divinity 2 with expansion and christened it Dragon Knight Saga. It's just about time for some well deserved beers for completing a very good RPG when somebody suggests the need for a PR campaign. With a smug wave of his hand the project leader just opens his window at Larian headquarters and shouts, "Its ready come and get it!".

I'm aware that PR campaigns must be difficult and expensive but I think Larian have scored a surprising victory by having a good title and little PR. This means that DKS is tip toeing on the edge of the being (dare i say) a "cult classic". Part of me hopes that the this game remains an industry secret spoken only in dark corners of cafes and pubs used a secret handshake for gamers but games need to sell units in order to secure the next title.

Larian is the underdog of the RPG world with big budget hitters roaming around like a clumsy troll waving its PR club beating people into submission with some mediocre games. I would just like to tip my hat to this studio as they have a great title and hopefully the next one will be even better as long as they remember the formula which has made this game what it is and lets not forget... everyone loves an underdog.

ADX_Eventide

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Agreed, I won't deny I've procured games in less than admirable ways.
But not this, never this. They deserve the credit and the money.

Mostly because we want more. laugh

Die EA! DIE!

I hope my efforts are worth it...

I've been moderated and banded on certain features for 48 hours for being slippery plugging DSK with praise on another board, then for some tard to put it down just because it's not released in his region. Of course I retaliated as much as I could get away with but some one marked me. suspicion

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ADX_Eventide

Larian is the underdog of the RPG world with big budget hitters roaming around like a clumsy troll waving its PR club beating people into submission with some mediocre games.

Mind if I steal that line?

veteran
veteran
Very interesting point of view.

stranger
stranger
Well it's true tho?

Larian shows quality work in what is called a "3RD Party game" or a "Low Budget game", but the game has quality, heart. It's the developers, Larian puts their heart and soul into this, it shows when you play, the game literally feels like "magic".

Theirs just a difference between pop culture, and art. And Larian wants to make art, non?

If there's no quest or no loot, don't talk to me!
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Sure thing virumor its yours.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard