Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#430792 06/12/10 11:19 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I seem to have come out of Maxos Temple with an extra key, I am 99% sure it is the key you find on top of the chandelier coming down the spiral steps right after the stone "maze" and right before you get to the Temple library. In the inventory its name is simply "key."

Does anyone know what this key unlocks? I have full LP skill, so perhaps it went unused, or did I miss something? I really hate missing things, so this will bother me. I am past Sentinel Island now, so I can't get back in unless I go back to a save before the Temple, but I'd still like to know.

Any help is appreciated.

Ailurophile #430798 07/12/10 01:10 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Whoops, just realized I posted in the wrong forum, sorry!

Ailurophile #430801 07/12/10 01:26 AM
E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Despite doing full clears of all areas, all possible quests, and getting all but two achievements, I never did find a use for the key on the chandelier in the Maxos' Temple round stairway. This both in DK:ED and DKS.

There were rumors in DK:ED that the key might have been for a half-buried locked chest in the northwestern room of the area with the locked door and hidden levers, but I could never unlock the chest with the key, and in DKS that chest is no longer locked.

I'm going to ignore the key next time I pass through there. smile

Endurium #430802 07/12/10 01:35 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Endurium
Despite doing full clears of all areas, all possible quests, and getting all but two achievements, I never did find a use for the key on the chandelier in the Maxos' Temple round stairway. This both in DK:ED and DKS.

There were rumors in DK:ED that the key might have been for a half-buried locked chest in the northwestern room of the area with the locked door and hidden levers, but I could never unlock the chest with the key, and in DKS that chest is no longer locked.

I'm going to ignore the key next time I pass through there. smile

Ah! Thanks so much. I must have circled that area 10 times looking everywhere, now it just sits in my inventory, taunting me, laughing at me. laugh

Ailurophile #430835 07/12/10 08:17 AM
This key actually unlocks the chest that is on top of those spiral stairs, but that chest can also be unlocked through lockpicking, so that's probably how you opened it. So you're not missing anything, don't worry wink

Axel #430840 07/12/10 09:00 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Speaking of that,is there a way to get rid of useless keys or quest items in DKS or are we going to be running around with stuff we can't get rid of even though we can't use it like in Divinity 2. I have so many keys and quest items that I don't need and can't get rid of either cause the LP skill removed the need for the key. You picked up a quest item for a quest that you either failed or can't do due to decisions made or just because when the quest is done,your left with extra?
If a way has not been add,is it possible to fix it or add it through a update?

well your inventory does get cleaned when going from ED to FoV so that should take care of most of the clutter.

Virc #430855 07/12/10 09:49 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
that should help out a lot. I just didn't want to have to carry along a whole bunch of junk item because the game won't let you get rid of them. I might play DKS a little differently the the regular. Saving before taking the key and seeing if it gets use,turning in the Quest items instead of keeping them when able to choose and such to avoid getting stuck with items I can't get rid of until moving to FoV. Thanks for the answer and I look forward to seeing DKS on the Xbox in the US.

D
stranger
stranger
D
The only thing that annoyed me with having so much extra quest junk was that it was a reminder for how I failed to complete a quest before making them impossible. My last game I forgot to use that necklace I found on the tower in BV and then had to look at it all the way until FoV. I don't think anything that is a quest item counts against your inventory count right?

Ailurophile #430963 07/12/10 07:54 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
I really hate missing things, so this will bother me.

There is a chest in the Maze that you can't open no matter what.

I hope this is not going to bother you :o

Kein #430965 07/12/10 08:11 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by Ailurophile
I really hate missing things, so this will bother me.

There is a chest in the Maze that you can't open no matter what.

I hope this is not going to bother you :o

In the Maxos Temple? The only chest/box that I don't know of a way to open in all of DKS was in Doctor Needleman's Storage (that jewelry box). I thought I had opened up everything else though. Now it's going to bother me that I don't know what you're talking about! >.< lol

DeTard #431003 08/12/10 01:32 AM
E
journeyman
journeyman
E
There are plenty of things we can't unlock regardless of our skill, so I'd rather that chest require that key to prevent confusion. smile It's the only key I had left upon finishing the original campaign, and it seems every other chest (in DKS) wouldn't let me unlock without a key.

Endurium #431064 08/12/10 12:05 PM
veteran
veteran

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard