Print Thread
#433388 29/12/10 03:40 AM
M
molleh Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Is the Steam version of DKS going to be updated to patch 2 anytime soon?

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
There's some uncertantity as to whether it's already out or not - there was a steam update since Patch 1 (on 24th December), but it may not have actually been Patch 2, Larian's posts on the following thread seem to indicate it isn't, but they haven't responded yet to further questions:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=432803#Post432803

I gather you must be having graphics problems, as these were the only things addressed in patch 2? If you're still having them, then the Steam update probably wasn't Patch 2.

ava Offline
I confirm hereby that Patch 2 is out on steam, the version number 1.4.9.70 corresponds with patch 2.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
ava #433520 30/12/10 06:13 PM
veteran
veteran
Ok, just tested the game with patch2 - the issue with LockStepMode is still here. Guess I'm stuck with hotfix EXE.

Can someone from devs recompile it again but just with Patch*.dv2 support? No other changes.

Kein #433526 30/12/10 07:58 PM
ava Offline
I double checked your issue and could not reproduce it, the LockStepMode switch works just fine. You are perchance not running in single core mode or on a single core machine?

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Douglas Adams
ava #433559 31/12/10 08:46 AM
veteran
veteran
Core 2 Quad Q9450, Vista SP2, UseMulticore=1.

With hotfix and disabled LockStepMode everything is fine. When I enable it - mouse almost stop responding, when I move it the camera does not react or react rarely (same applies for the dialog cursor). Same issue happens with patch1/patch2 compiled binary, with any LockStepMode value.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard