Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#433296 28/12/10 12:23 PM
Errapel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'm rather old fashioned, I like to have a real, shiney little disk rather than just a digital download (though I'll do that if I have to, I want the game! hehe), but I can't seem to find a hard copy of 'Flames of Vengeance' or 'Dragon Knight Saga' for PC anywhere. Am I going insane here or is it just not out there?

old hand
old hand
Where are you from? If you're from the US, Dragon Knight Saga still needs to be released there.

Tweeting @forktong
O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Don't hold your breath about a an actual PC retail version of DKS being released here in the US..lots of foreign games never make it pass digital download anymore.

Steam had it on sale for 19.99 US over the weekend...can't beat that.

Myself, I broke the 100 games on Steam achievements on Steam over the holidays...curse Steam and their ridiculous low prices !

I have 112 games on Steam now...

All bought on sale...

People say I'm crazy..but the voices in my head say I'm just fine.
Errapel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Nope I'm in the UK. We shall see if the UK will have the same fate as the US.

stranger
stranger
When you buy the digital version it puts 4 files on your PC which you can access and burn to DVD (I think cause total its over 6GB).

I just burn the 4 files to 1 dual-layer DVD or 3 DVD's disks
At least that's what i have done with other digital versions Ive bought online.
Files are available whenever u need them.

Downloading the game ATM. (geez their setrvers are slow. only 0.8 MPS , but i am about halfway done.

The 4 files are named:
setup-1.bin
setup-2.bin
setup-3.bin
setup.exe

Last edited by Pogue Mahon; 30/12/10 11:09 AM.

i7 Extreme 965 bloomfield 3.20GHz
Asus rampage Ii Extreme
12Gb of Corsair ram CM3X2G1600C8D
nvidia Geforce GTX 285 (soon to be upgraded)
win 7 64 bit
Now for something completely different. silly

There is always the XBOX 360 version of DKS that is available to buy at GAME, Gamestation, Zavvi.co.uk & the like right now.

I know we are talking potentially about buying another machine, but if you have one kicking about then the 360 version is awesome as well. delight

If you have a nice screen at home you can plug a 360 into then 720p, 1080p makes no difference as it looks sweet and on the plus side you can sit back and relax with a control pad.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
I know we are talking potentially about buying another machine, but if you have one kicking about then the 360 version is awesome as well. delight

Sadly, I don't have a 360 hanging around. It looks like a DVD might fit into our toaster quite nicely, though, so maybe I should try that. You never know, it might not burn the house down!

J'aime le fromage.
Originally Posted by Vometia

Sadly, I don't have a 360 hanging around. It looks like a DVD might fit into our toaster quite nicely, though, so maybe I should try that. You never know, it might not burn the house down!

I would try your toaster with a copy of Fable 3 first. Pop the video up on YouTube for all to see so I can rate it. I could make the video my self, but I have no Fable 3 & I am embarrassed by the ammount of filthy stains on the side of me toaster to go public with it - plus I bought it at Tesco. grin

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I would try your toaster with a copy of Fable 3 first. Pop the video up on YouTube for all to see so I can rate it. I could make the video my self, but I have no Fable 3 & I am embarrassed by the ammount of filthy stains on the side of me toaster to go public with it - plus I bought it at Tesco. grin

Well, I tried, but before I got a chance it sprouted legs and ran off into the night. It's never done that before. :o

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Is your computer and refrigerator running too? I'd check those and make sure they are not!

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Is your computer and refrigerator running too? I'd check those and make sure they are not!
I have my computer & refrigerator running for a reason!!!
Link: R Whites Lemonade silly

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Errapel
Nope I'm in the UK. We shall see if the UK will have the same fate as the US.

Sorry to give this a little bump, but the situation's not changed.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?

old hand
old hand
I talked to the publisher about this today and they told us that stock basically sold out again, and it might take them two weeks to restock because of some policies at the retailers (who are doing their inventories now and not taking any new stock until they've finished that exercise) - you might want to try amazon.

journeyman
journeyman
Lar; I can't as no where has had PC stock of DKS at all. Game is listing it as not being released, Amazon doesn't even have a listing (Last I checked, anyway), and most other stores don't have a listing.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lar_q
I talked to the publisher about this today and they told us that stock basically sold out again, and it might take them two weeks to restock because of some policies at the retailers (who are doing their inventories now and not taking any new stock until they've finished that exercise) - you might want to try amazon.
Are you perhaps referring to the X360 version? You can't be talking about the PC version because that still hasn't been released to retail in the UK! I know because I've been checking Game.co.uk, Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, Zavvi.com, GameStation.co.uk, GamePlay.co.uk as well as the likes of HMV.com on a weekly basis in the hopes that the retail PC version might have had a "stealth" release somewhere! No such luck, and at this point I'm ready to give up and move on. There are plenty of other games that are being released in the UK retail market, so I'll just take my money and pay for some of those other new games!

stranger
stranger
I really, really want to buy this game - but I think it must have changed name or something... It is impossible to get a PC DVD copy in (or sent to) the EU. Closest I came is Canada, but they won't ship to EU.

Is Larian acutally planning to releasse a DVD retail copy? If there is never to be an English language DVD version, what is the DRM on the download version (ie what are the chances the activation servers will be still work when I replay it in three years' time)?

Support
Support

There was no PC DVD release in the UK (or in the US). Apparently you should be able to order from another European country (except Germany), since they include the English language version of the game (but not an English manual). see Dragon Knight Saga PC - any UK release info?

I assume there is some time limit on region exclusivity, and there may be a budget re-release of DKS eventually (there were for Larian's earlier games).

The digital versions of the game use Securom. Larian released a patch to remove the copy protection from their earlier games (and they are still available digitally from Good Old Games, which does not use copy protection), and have stated that they will eventually do so for D2:ED / DKS, as well.

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
stranger
Thanks Raze!

I have just come from Poland, and the store owner told me it the version there was 'full cinematic Polish' which usually means VA + manual + in-game text. I'm visiting Spain tomorrow, so hopefully will pick a multi-lingual version up there.

Still, it must be a GREAT game if there are no second hand ones in the entire world!

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I found an outfit in Asia that has the Australian DVD version for the PC, & which has a 4-1/2 star user rating from Google. The publisher is Focus Home Interactive, and the package includes the hard copy manual. Game & shipping costs were reasonable, & they shipped immediately (got it in a few days).

Do a Google search for "Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga DVD" (without quotes). They were willing to ship to the US, but don't know if they'll ship to Europe. However, they were very prompt in responding to my inquiry as to whether it was an English language version, so you can ask.

stranger
stranger
Well, this has been an interesting side-quest!

Having been told that the Polish version was 'full cinematic', my adventure took me to Spain ... where no-one had ever heard of this title!

So then I found a 100% English version (ie including manual) in a number of Slovak and Hungarian online stores - with Hungarian ones being around 10 Euros(!!). However, they do not ship outside of Hungary... (someone probably forgot to tell them they were in the EU). The Slovaks did, but accepted only a wire transfer of the funds (which at my bank would cost nearly 40 Euros, plus 29 Euro for the courier shipping, plus 28 Euro for the game itself) - no paypal or cc. There was an asian retailer that would ship to EU, but warned this could take 'a while' and might get nasty if someone decides to charge import VAT when it arrives.

At this point, I was rather tired of Googling for DKS, especially since most of the results had the word 'torrent' in them, and after all my sisyphean efforts, this was beginning to seem tempting. I also considered hiring a mercenary to go to Larian's HQ, break in, and grab a few DVDs, on the offchance that maybe one of them would have DKS in English.

And then I considered the most ludicrous idea of them all - that is, to download it off Steam, and betray all my principles. But fate stayed my click-finger, and by chance that same evening, I found that the Scandinavians all had English versions! So finally bought one in Finland for 24 Euros plus shipping. Just finished installing it now. @Larian - how many XP do I start the game with, having completed all that? wink

Last edited by Gaxkang; 21/02/11 03:35 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard