Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I have searched high and low on these and other forums for a solution to my issue but the only post that i found that came anywhere near describing my problem was several months old and had no real solution.

So to get to the point. Game runs perfectly on the computer, however in the course of playingthe game during the ending of Maxos Tower quests where i speak to Damian, what is meant to happen is after Damian's conversation he spawns ghost soldiers that i need to defeat and once defeated the portal to the Sentinel Island activates for me to use. But this is not happening. Every time i speak to Damian, the conversation ends, he threatens me and disappears as usual but no soldiers ever spawn that i can fight and thus the portal taking me to the Island does not activate.

So i am stuck in game limbo.

I've already started a new game in the hopes that this was a one off game issue for me but since i have invested my time in my frist game i am hoping that someone on the forums will be able to assist me.

Thanks for your time.

Mid

Support
Support

Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this post. With your save they should be able to spawn the soldiers or activate the teleporter.

Did you install the patch? See the appropriate support page for DKS or FoV.

Charlie Mac didn't mention how he resolved this problem (in the topic Question about background in Orobas Fjords), but he did post later about the dragon battle after defeating Laiken, so must have gotten it working somehow.

In XP the saves are in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\ %username% \Local Settings\Application Data\Divinity 2\Savegames

or in Vista / Win 7

C:\Users\ %username% \AppData\Local\Divinity 2\Savegames

You may need to set Windows Explorer to show hidden files and folders (XP, Vista, Win 7).

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks for the response Raze. As for patching the game. Yes its been done, it didnt appear to solve my issue with that character. However I have finally reached the same point with my second made character and had no issues whatsoever with the soldiers spawning. I can reach Sentinel Island now but only with my 2nd made character. So i am not going to bother the folks at Larian support about getting them to fix my game anymore.

I'm still puzzled as to why my first character got stuck but not my 2nd character. I'm rather hoping no further issues arise with my second game as i'd be a bit disappointed to have to scour the forums and topics if i get stuck again.

And just for anyone else in the future who might come across the same issue the following did not work: - reinstalling the game, patching, restarting from an earlier save point and replaying the scenario from the beginning.
As for a problem solution, if i was going to continue to persue a solution for my original game, then i would follow your advice Raze and email support@larian.com with my info and save game.

Thanks again Raze. Happy Gaming smile

-Mid

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard