Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Draven Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi,

I have now the new DKS and I have always thought that my old savegames could be simply adopt (copy and paste from the old to the new LocalApp).
Unfortunately, this is apparently not possible :-(
The save games are are still displayed but grayed out and referenced with "non-compatible game"(or something), and are not selectable.

So my Question:
Is there a tool or
a save game editor or
a workaround with which i can "import" my old ED saves in any way?

(i've got the german pc-version)

thanks in advance

Last edited by Draven; 09/03/11 10:27 AM.
veteran
veteran
There is none.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
They changed too much in the 'remastered' DKS - layouts of flying fortresses, positions of items, NPCs and quests etc. So it's not just a matter of a save game translator, the problem is there are logically inconsistent states between the two games.

If you want to continue your game from ED, you need to get the stand-alone FoV expansion rather than the remastered DKS, but I guess it's too late now. FoV has the same contents regardless of which version you play, but there are still fundamental differences in the game engine to allow compatibility with ED saves vs DKS saves, so even at the FoV stage, saves apparently aren't compatible.

A more detailed discussion is here:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=421196

Draven Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
ok,
thanks for the quick anwsers.
it was my last hope, that it is just a transformation-think between the two versions and not a logical problem within the gamestructure.

well, i begin once again and try a new build and switch back to my old build the moment i reach the point of my last save ^^

C
stranger
stranger
C
lol yea I would be kinda happy with just gettin my base character back but I had the dlc armors and weapons. The weapons I care about more then the armor DLC hammer+mace=(200+ phys dmg)+(200+mag Dmg) wink

Support
Support

The DLC from D2:ED is included in DKS, and additional sets were added.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Do I have to hunt them down? In ED you started the game with the Rivellon guards, Blood Echleon, Wild Dwellers and Defenders of Aleroth equipment.

Support
Support

Yes, in general you will have to track down the sets. see Armor sets (DKS). or the set page of the Divinity 2 Wiki.

The PC Steam version and Xbox North American release have 3 sets (Annihilator, Mining Guild, and Orobas) available from the start (all with level 15 requirements). Other releases may also have bonus sets.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard