Print Thread
#440892 25/03/11 02:18 AM
K
kryton Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
When I go to the chapel in the demo the second door is missing and I see through it but it wont let me enter into the next area. What do I do?....Seems like a glitch.

Last edited by lynn; 06/04/11 02:47 PM.
kryton #440893 25/03/11 02:45 AM
Support
Support

The door inside the church in the village is opened by a main plot quest once you have cleared most of the starting section of Broken Valley.

Are you playing the demo on a PC or Xbox? A few people have run into missing or semi-transparent textures on the PC...

Have you checked for updated video drivers?

Try running the demo as administrator, and in the compatibility options disable desktop composition (in Vista/7).

A couple people had missing or corrupt textures fixed by doing a clean reinstall of the game. Maybe try uninstalling the demo, reboot, shut down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus), make sure there is nothing left in the D2 folder (saves are stored elsewhere), then install the demo again.

Did you try changing the texture quality setting? How about a lower game resolution?

Missing Water Textures ?

vista 64 transparent textures issue

Raze #440894 25/03/11 03:10 AM
K
kryton Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
its on the xbox

kryton #440895 25/03/11 03:14 AM
K
kryton Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Well, guess I might get my answer. Deleted the demo from my Xbox and when I went to re-download it, the demo was no longer available on Xbox live....So, I guess it's been pulled to be fixed.

kryton #440897 25/03/11 08:47 AM
old hand
old hand
Murphy really had his way here.

A demo like this gets a lot of attention, gets its own QA rounds, needs to go through a separate certification procedure at Microsoft, and in general gets a lot of scrutiny as it's quite an important marketing vehicle. So the last thing I expected last night was to see that there were issues. To make a long story short, it turns out that somehow in the process of transferring the demo to Xbox Live, two files got lost and the result was that all kinds of graphic assets weren't present in the online image of the demo. Stuff like this happens, but I just wished that it wouldn't have happened here frown

Atlus is working with Microsoft to get it live again (this time including the missing files), so the moment we hear more, we'll let you know.

Lar_q #441351 06/04/11 02:47 PM
veteran
veteran
Hello kryton, in case you haven't seen it yet, the demo is up and running again wink
For more information, please visit this forum thread.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard