Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
The game boasts content for over 100 hours but I only got around 40 hours. I completed nearly all quests, explored all areas and got nearly every achievement. It still gave me more than I paid for and I'm not complaining, I'm just curious if anyone has got 100 hours from the game.

Support
Support

With D2:ED I took my time, explored everywhere and did all the quests, taking 75 hours. Larian's lead QA can finish in 10 hours, after playing the game for 2 years and memorizing everything (This game is short).

For DKS I should be faster up to the FoV section, at least, though I am playing on nightmare difficulty, which will slow things down a little.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm at 102 hours and almost finished DKS. I took my time with it and tried to explore everywhere. I must have spent around 25 hours in the 'expansion' part in Aleroth alone. I believe I only have a few hours to go then it's job done.

As a matter of interest I completed Ego Draconis in 78 hours the first time I played it through; I bought DKS several months afterwards and played from the beginning as my ED saves was not compatible. Worth it though!

Last edited by Arokh; 27/04/11 07:25 PM.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

veteran
veteran
I had previously played Ego Draconis, so playing DKS took me 39 hours for the first part, and another 17 for the expansion, so 58 hours.

That was only doing about half the content though, because of the alternate quest solutions all over, so I would say that over 100 hours of content is correct, even if you need to play it twice. I've finished DKS 3 times now, a total time of 170 hours.

addict
addict
combining ED and FoV it will take me that long

veteran
veteran
I take my time and for sure I go faaaaaaaar above 100 hours !! (I think I've now already at least 60 hours of playtime and just only in the middle of level 17)
But being said I'm a slow player ( born without a thyroid, so I make 'arrears' as little baby wink )
and I play the nightmare difficulty.

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
apprentice
apprentice
Just finished the game at around 55 hours. This includes getting lost (literally...I had no idea what to do next) for about 3 hours or so). However, and I know many will poke fun about this, I play DKS on Casual. I played ED on normal and got frustrated at getting killed whenever I was attacked by 2 skeletons at once.
To me, it doesn't matter what difficulty you play on, as long as you have fun playing it. On Casual, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Wish they'd make a Divinity III. As long as it was closer to DKS that ED, I would be there on day one.

Try harder or die faster.
Support
Support

Larian has another couple RPG projects on the go, scheduled for release next year. One is dragon based, and the other a more traditional top down camera view RPG. See Lar's post here for the first details, and there were some earlier comments in the older topic Status update. The latest news is in the more recent Status update and Status update (long overdue) topics. The most recent status updates of June 9th and June 23rd don't contain much info on the RPGs (more behind the scenes stuff and other projects).

veteran
veteran
Now my hero is level 29 and I've played many many hours already, at least I think around 120 hours wink

But to be honest that I've a "collection mania" for having all formula's and that eats time :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
addict
addict
I take my time when I play games. I soak up the atmosphere, search every inch of the game world, etc.

I've gotten well over 100 hours out of Dragon Knight Saga. I probably got nearly 70 hours out of Ego Draconis vanilla.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
veteran
veteran
Same as Libertarian.

veteran
veteran
I played DKS with a Wizard, then a Warrior, then a Ranger, it took about 176 hours to finish all three.

journeyman
journeyman
I played ED in 60 hours (doing extensive search and try out quests rewards)

FOV I did in 25 hours

I'm not God, but I'm close
Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I played Ego twice and DKS twice. With DKS, I have 60 hours as both characters and the same goes for Ego but I haven't got 100 hours in one playthrough. Perhaps playing on nightmare will make it longer.

stranger
stranger
According to Steam, I have 190 hours invested in DKS at the time of this posting. This is split up between three characters.

I started with an attempt at a pure fighter class named Christian Zander, but found myself getting really frustrated around level 25.

Character two, Sara Rose, was a successful attempt at a Battle Mage. Focus was on Fireballs and Magic Missiles backed with Destruction for ranged work, and a pair of warhammers for the in your face stuff. She finished at level 46, but did not have the opportunity to add the points for that last level during the end game fighting.

The third character has only completed Farglow, and is supposed to be becoming a Ranger. I cannot even remember the character's name at this point.

Instead of going ahead with the Ranger, I decided to try to fix Christian Zander with lessons learned from Sara Rose. I figure I still have a long way to go.

The reason for this is that Sara Rose took less than three minutes to finish the Rift closing fight on the bottom floor of the Aleroth Ministry while Christian Zander fought for three hours, seven minutes before Zandalor was able to finish the spell. To be sure, it was not all bad. Christian Zander came away from it three levels higer (level 33 at this point) and more than 13,000 gold richer before selling any of the loot. The gold really was a help for upgrading his skill caps and armor. Those twelve stat points that were added to strength for those levels are really nice too.

Potions and food were drained though. It should be noted I did not start grabbing the loot bags until I ran out of healing potions about 45 minutes into the fight. Time to go see my Alchemist for more potions.

veteran
veteran
I wish to give Larian a suggestion :
I would really appriciate it if they make a feature like in other new RPG's like Skyrim & Amalur :
that we can really "see" our total playtime on our save game wink

If I look at this "time" by Skyrim I was really startled how many hours I played just to reach level 23 in Skyrim, exploring everything I "see" hahaha , reading many books from page 1 to the last one, ... (easely around 75 hours !).

So I start to believe playing DKS from start to end of FoV takes many more hours than I darf to guess myself !! I believe it was AT LEAST around 200 hours, really.
But the MOST important thing for me playing a RPG is FUN and that I have had with DKS for sure, many many big fun & pleasure !!
And in my current playthrough I've even more big big pleasure playing a (ranger) Priest !

A big claphands for all the devs making this Gem of a Game !!

I
stranger
stranger
I
Actually with a title like DKS, I generally try to find how many hours I've spent not playing it rather than the opposite way! So I don't know about the total game-hours which may or may not be over 120/130. But my longest spell was a seven hour run when I took down 3 flying fortresses. Put as much time as you can in this game, it'll be worth it.

Demonic Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You can see the time you have played in DKS by going to your conversation history. Your conversation history tells you the time that you had a conversation with someone by hours and minutes.

Support
Support

At least in the Xbox version of DKS that only tells you the amount of time you spent in conversations, not the total time played.

veteran
veteran
Hmm ... interesting think ... a then a quesion :
ALLLLLL the time Ranger Priest Ronja is spending on her Trading Tour biggrin ...
count this time for "conversation time" ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard