Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
For all of you following this forum, I'm pretty sure by now you've guessed that Project D = Dragon Commander, but just in case you were wondering, it's hereby confirmed. We'll be talking a lot of Dragon Commander in the coming days, specifically at GamesCom and given that we'll be there, we won't be here, so I figured I might as well spill some of the details on the forum already.

The following text comes from an internal pitch doc and should give you already a pretty good idea of what we're trying to do with Dragon Commander - at the very least it should tell you more than the press release that Lynn is pumping out now wink

Disclaimer - we don't really talk the way it's written down here, it's just what seems to happen once we start writing pitch texts

Dragon Commander

Play Dragon Commander and become a mighty Dragon Knight who takes to the skies to wage all-out war. Burn your enemies and lead your armies, then plan your next moves on the highly interactive, tactical campaign map. Yours is the power of the dragon and yours will be the empire!

Be the Dragon

Take control of a great dragon equipped with powerful technology and obliterate all that stands in your way. Use magic, skill and cunning to win the day.

Take command

Build vast armies and lead them into spectacular real-time combat. Conquer the vast world of the Divinity universe, and see your dominion spread over the tactical map.

Become the Emperor

Forge alliances; seek out arcane magic; fund military technology; woo powerful princesses; torture innocent imps. Will you be remembered as Sergei the Cruel, or Swen the Wise?

Battle online

Campaign against your friends and show them you are the only one who’s worthy of the title of Dragon Commander!

Or in other words - plenty of strange people & creatures to talk to with plenty of choices to make, a big turn-based strategy map with all kinds of fancy units to move around and countries to invade, researching of technology & spells & dragon boosting equipment, the story of the first Dragon Knights (from the time Maxos was a very common word), and massive dragon combat featuring a combat system that's shaping up to be way cooler than anything we've ever managed on that front, way way cooler. It has Steampunk, it has fantasy, huge areas to do the dragon combat in and lots, and I mean lots, of enemies to destroy. It obviously also has a single-player storyline, but there will be options to play multiplayer campaigns against one another which should be quite a lot of fun.

We'll show a lot more in the coming months, and we're still learning a lot about the game ourselves, but the one thing I can tell you is that we're having quite a lot of fun making it, a lot more fun actually than we had when we were making Divinity II, so I hope that'll translate itself into something you'll feel when playing it.

I need to prep for GamesCom now, drilling the presentation we'll do so we can survive the stare of the one man we all fear in the office and whose pictures are starting at us under the motto - do well with him, you'll do well with everybody. But god, does he look scary wink

Is it possible to have a look at this game at the GamesCom? smile Who is the contact person?

A
veteran
veteran
A
Yes, probably, but not in the public areas, as Lar had explained over the last weeks.
Only in the business area.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
As I put in the announcement thread, it sounds awesome. It looks you don't play as the Dragon Knight from ED / DKS or the Patriarch as I thought rather a new character which makes me believe this game is set way after the events of DKS. Project E is the game that continues the story of Damien / the Divine and this is something completley new. After the demise of either the Divine or Damien, maybe both, now it will be your chance to be the new Maxos and more.

New technology; I thought the dragon on the right looks like it is wearing a jetpack!? smile

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Arokh
New technology; I thought the dragon on the right looks like it is wearing a jetpack!? smile

Look into the other thread for an answer to it.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
I thought it was a jetpack. Could make for some interesting moments.

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Yes, probably, but not in the public areas, as Lar had explained over the last weeks.
Only in the business area.

I know thats only in the buisness area. but i've got a press card, so i can vistit that area wink

Last edited by CKomet; 11/08/11 12:45 PM.
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
CKomet - contact lynn, we can always try smuggling some of you in. Not sure we'll manage, but it's worth a try.

addict
addict
Well, that's going to be interesting at Gamescom next week. With so little info I'm sure to have plenty of questions smile

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Lar_q

Build vast armies and lead them into spectacular real-time combat.

Or in other words - plenty of strange people & creatures to talk to with plenty of choices to make, a big turn-based strategy map

Real-time, turn based ?
Meaning world map is trun-based and zones are real-time (as in Samurai Warrior ?)

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by CKomet
I know thats only in the buisness area. but i've got a press card, so i can vistit that area wink

I often wonder why there isn't an area that business people just cannot visit, only the public ? I think that would be fair, considering it is now the other way round.

I just don't like to be excluded from aything. wink

--Dilbert cartoon

old hand
old hand
This is interesting but I'm skeptical, details are still scarce so I won't make too much judgement.

So are you always a Dragon now, no more shape shifting??
Is like an RTS now?

And it seems Larian has incorporated Multiplayer, for those that complained...
I need to go read previous Status Updates, to learn about the other project(s).

old hand
old hand
It seems a bit like Spellforce with dragons to me, that game had a mix of RTS and action RPG.

journeyman
journeyman
So I was right. Its basically RTS/RPG mix with some arcade dragon flying, at least in battles (TBS on map?). It could be fine, especially when it expands old history of Divinity universe.

BTW The description actually reminds me of King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame from Neocore. Its basically similar TBS with RTS battles and strong RPG development of knights and quests. And the world is mythology/fantasy mix. Maybe someone from Larian played it (secretly at work wink ).

A
veteran
veteran
A
Regarding Homeworeld : I can recommend the game "The Treasure Planet : Battle At Prokyon", if you like literal "space-ships" battling. wink
Abeit with a Disney look & feel. wink

--Dilbert cartoon

enthusiast
enthusiast
Wow! New game I`ll be waiting this game inpatiently.I wish that you show whole potential of this game!I know you can!!.Good luck and incredible inspiration.Despite i don`t like stragedies or something like that maybe because of your game I`ll change my taste.I hope for the best!!

Last edited by James 540; 11/08/11 03:10 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by melianos
Originally Posted by Lar_q

Build vast armies and lead them into spectacular real-time combat.

Or in other words - plenty of strange people & creatures to talk to with plenty of choices to make, a big turn-based strategy map

Real-time, turn based ?
Meaning world map is trun-based and zones are real-time (as in Samurai Warrior ?)

Like Sword of the Stars and Total War. King Arthur: The Role Playing Wargame might also be an apt example (as someone else brought up).

A
veteran
veteran
A
It reminded me of that LOTR strategy game, too ...
Huge exploration map and Real-Time combat ...

--Dilbert cartoon

enthusiast
enthusiast
Can we walk about on the ground in dragon form and burn ground enemies? If so then it would be the perfect dragon simulator.

S
S
is this a RTS or something like the Dynasty Warriors games?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard