Next Thread
Print Thread
#451471 24/10/11 08:25 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I came across a 'Sapphire Ring of Fighters' in a shop and bought it. It was very expensive (36000+), so I thought it must do _something_ but maybe not. Anybody else seen one of these? Are they any use at all?

veteran
veteran
I never see such a Ring (that name), but since gear appear randomized in shops (and elswhere), it's possible to play DD so many times (like me) and still not see all kind of gear that's in DD smile !

What are the specifications of that Sapphire Ring of Fighters ?
Has it a boost to a stat or a skillpoint ?
Where do you bought it, by who ? Can you remember that ?

Welcome to the forums, best of luck, 'O Divine One' wink

wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Where - I think it was the Wizard Guy in the shop north of the market place.

Specs - didn't seem to do a darn thing!
Durability 10/10
Weight 5

"Sapphire Ring" is a standard name, but I've never seen an "of Fighters" before. Maybe it doesn't work because I'm a Survivor?

veteran
veteran
No, I think there aren't any "special items" in DD that are ONLY for 1 specific class ! So if it doesn't do anything special being a Survivor, it also wouldn't do a thing being a Mage or a Warrior.

It's just another kind of "Name" . Sadly you bought it paying a high prise .. but yeah, gold isn't that much of a trouble in the game. I always ended DD with more than a million goldcoins biggrin

If you wish to have some nice Ring, best to find 'Verlat' in Verdistis, the guy (I hope) you cured in Aleroth . wink Or search for another nice Ring in a small house somewhere North(-West) of the Cursed Abbey ...

Best of Luck smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Maybe the joke is that only Fighters are stupid enough to pay 36000 for a ring that doesn't do anything. ;-)

veteran
veteran
hahaha

Maybe ... or perhaps ... :hihi:
Best possible it's all a big joke !
The Larian games are pulling out of humour, tons of humour, so yeah ... wink

Support
Support

There are relatively rare random attributes for items (such as the suffix 'of angels') which increase their value to merchants, but do not give any other bonus. This works best when you find such items and sell them.

An interesting find in the wastelands, worth 50,000 gold (I assume the 'silver' part is what bumped the price up);

Silver Long Dagger Of Mater Warriors
Durability 10
Damage 9-31
+4 Strength

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard