Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Are they good? (Divine Divinity & Beyond Divinity)

Support
Support

Yes, they are good. Of course people who didn't think they were good are probably not still around to comment. evil

Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity are both available from Good old Games and Impulse, or retail versions can probably still be found online. They are 2D games with an isometric camera angle (BD has 3D character models with a 2D background); both have playable demos, which should still be around somewhere.
Being earlier games, the quest and alchemy systems are not as elaborate as in DKS, but the general design, humour, music, etc is quite similar. World interaction is actually better in DD; you can move furniture around, collect chests to sort out your loot, leave items on the ground to retrieve later, etc.
I posted a more detailed description / comparison in the topic Beyond Divinity available for download.

What did you like about the first Divine Divinity?

Divine Divinity Vs Divinity 2

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
bah i still have my disc based copy of divine divinity smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by jereth
bah i still have my disc based copy of divine divinity smile

That's even so good wink

I've both :hihi: ... disc version & non-disc version via GOG biggrin
To be honest :
it is very easy to start to play DD since I've not to take every time the disc and put it in the pc, but simply clicking on a icon ....

.... and the Divinity Universe with the beautiful sounds comes to me ... . horsey

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Divine Divinity is full of awesomeness. You still haven't played it?

FILTHY CAUSAL!!!

kiddin.

IMO Divine Divinity is the best RPG from the 2D isometric generation (I mean, back during the days of the Infinity Engine). Ok, someone might jump in and argue, putting forward Planescape Torment or the Baldur's Gate series... IMO Divine Divinity is up there among them.

But TBH, I didn't like Beyond Divinity. I did manage to finish it though.

journeyman
journeyman
The first Divine Divinity game is considered one of the best isometric cRRPG's ever created [alongside with diablo and baldur's gate].

S
S
i'm tempted to get these two games since i thuroughly enjoyed DKS... but i don't play many games on my laptop. i have Fallout and Fallout 2 on my laptop that i haven't played-- maybe i aught to get a mouse for my laptop and try it again.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard