Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Rivellon, 4th february 1120 .

I'm Lana. when I woke up in a cellar in a house in Aleroth I can't remember my birthday. I only know my new adventure start a few days ago. I was weak, very weak !

Now I'm a little bit stronger, faster and smarter.
With the help of searching, trading and good luck I'm wearing clothes and armor that give a certain boost ! Also I learned by traveling (or running!) around in Rivellon and give people a helping hand. Through learning I make progress in health and magic pool. And new skills cleared up in my mind. But my reputation is still zero.
Finding the second Teleporterstone become very handy ! Many thanks to Lanilor !

To be more clearly I give you my current statsitics so you can follow me better:
(naked)
Vitality 192 - Magic 138
Str. 11 - Agi. 18 - Int. 23 - Con. 48
Res.: zero

(with gear on and holding the Soldier's Scitimar of Fire Sparks in my hand)
Vitality 342 - Magic 227
Str. 15 - Agi. 20 - Int. 29 - Con. 62
Res.: L: 7 - F: 5 - P: 10 - S: 5

Skills:
Alchemy L2 - Bless L1 - Bow Expertise L1 - Enchant Weapon L1 - Freeze L1 - Identify L1 - Lockpick L1 -Meteorestrike L2 (found a book) - Poison Weapon L1 - Poisoned Arrows L1 - Repair L1 - Summon Skeleton L1 (found a book) - Trader's Tongue (learn 1 level form El'Gammon).

Different weapons :
* Bow's : one +2 Agi., one +2 speed.
** Sword: Soldier's Scimitar of Fire Sparks with + 2 Con & 23 HP, fire dam(2)
*** Axe: Dwarven Axe with Charmquality 4 (4 empty), + 3 Off., + 20 MP, poison dam(2) + frost(2)

Equipment:
Shield : + 2 Agi.
Soldier's Skull Cap: + 21 HP
Amulet: + 2 Off.
Chain Armor : Charmq 3 (2 empty), + 20 HP, + 20 MP, + 4 Con (charm), 5 Res. S*
Belt: Charmq 1, + 15 HP, +4 Con.(charm), + 5 Res.P*
Leggings: + 4 Con. + 5 Res. P*
Shoes: Charmq 1(1 empty), + 5 Res. F*
Gloves: + 33 HP, + 7 Res. L*
Ring 1: Ruby Ring : Charmq 5(5 empty), + 4 Str., + 6 Int. + 3 Def.
Ring 2: + 15 HP

A magical wave to all of you
Lana

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Well, well! Let's see if Lana rpg002 makes it as far as Jurden rpg001 !

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
In fact, it's not important how far Lana can survive her adventure wink
(but certainly she will do her best to survive as long as possible!)

The most important thing is that I, Joram, have FUN with my current hero "Lana" ! And if she got killed tomorrow, the day after tomorrow she
R.I.P.
or is doomed to be a restless ghost forever !

And the day after the ceremony a new hero wake up in my mind ! And I've the feeling it will be a hero who begin his or her adventure in Farglow, because I think a few months (depending on how long Lana can survive, how careful I am with making decisions, etc) after today the Xbox patch with the Nightmare mode is reality wink

If Lana dies very fast (let's say next week!) and the patch isn't there, I start in Farglow on hard difficulty. I think it is also hard enough. Plus later on I can always try that "nightmare mode" biggrin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
stranger
stranger
I wish you the best of luck and lots of fun in your new adventure Joram and Lana smile

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Yes, you can always switch difficulty, that's true.

So you have the Dragon Knight Saga on XBOX, right, but you haven't started a new game yet because you want to wait for the patch? Seeing as how you played Ego Draconis before and will play it again very thoroughly (hardcore), now in the Dragon Knight Saga, I'm sure you will be pleased to notice the 'little differences'. A new sword here - a new set piece there. smile

Let us know about your adventures! horsey

I am in blood
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I started my Dragon Kniight Saga on Xbox months ago ... then I read on this forum a patch is coming and I stop playing (I was just level 2).
and because I have bought around that time DD via steam I started again a new hero and that was, I think, my first or second hardcore play.

Indeed, I have already played the whole Ego Draconis.
The more I read on this forum about gamers who tell something about the DKS, the more curious I am!

The "loot" is changed in a good way ... but the upcoming patch will balance it a little bit (I read something about "overpowered" weapons?) + include the nightmare mode.

I test my patient to wait for the patch, but maybe that's stupid ? :hihi:

Thanks for wishing me good luck and yes, I will let you know when I start my DKS ... probably with a female Ranger - Mage .... Lana's second life ... the incarnation of Lana ! biggrin

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
No, it's not stupid, the rebalance is definitely worth the wait, as is nightmare mode if you want the ultimate challenge. rpg003

So, yes Lana could be a new heroine in both Divinity games. You could also make Jurdenson, a descendant of your other hardcore character - who now is technically the Divine! hahaha

I am in blood
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
By the way, the XBOX patch should be out today!

Tip when you're playing Dragon Knight Saga after Ego Draconis: check out the traders. Almost all of them have new, unique items (weapons/armour pieces/jewels)!

I am in blood
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
First of all: many thanks for letting me know about the patch wink ! Great news and my patient is rewarded well smile !

The fact the patch is out I better start a brand new adventure in Farglow and let Lana sleep for a while ... She isn't dead at the moment, but have had a few nearby death experiences already!
If I now play further on with Lana in DD I think she got killed too soon because of the patch for my Xbox ... You make me tooooo curious (especially about the unique items the traders has .. I like trading, you know wink ) ... and now I can't wait no longer playing Divinity II : The Dragon Knight Saga !
It's a good idea give Jurden the name "Jurdenson" delight ... or with other words: "Jurden-son" or Jurden -his- "son" hahaha

For sure I play Lana's adventure further on later because she is so nice started her adventure, back in another playstyle! She takes more risks (going earlier on to the Dark Forest), but is (almost)much more careful :hihi: (now level 16)

Greetings,
from Lana, who go to sleep ... and Jurden, who send his son to Farglow under the name Jurdenson.

See you all later on wave

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Make another decision:
I started first with Lana in Farglow, not Jurdenson! I prefer a female hero because that's so sweet and lovely to see delight !

Maybe it's just a "Dream" of Lana she's one of the three Marked Ones, or, it's a Dream she's a Dragon Slayer ...
So DD or DKS, Lana will be there ! smile

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Cool! I read you're starting Nightmare Hardcore (eek), so good luck and watch your step! rpg005

I am in blood
Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I writed down a first post about the newborn female hero here wink

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Long ago since I wrote down my last words in this topic ...

Recently I take back a look in my file (excel) where I "follow" my sweetheart "Lana". I mean : I make lists and formula's of her stats, skills, quests, equipment, etc etc ... just because I also love being buzzy with excel & logical formaula's etc ...

Recently, by making a brand new file for my brave hero Jurdenson living in the years of the Dragon Slayers, I was trying to improve my knowlegde about excell fomula's so I found out a much better way to make the following-up of my hero (and my female hero Lana also) easier. I know I learn slow, but ... after all the years using excel I finally start to take more efforts to search & find better appropriate formula's smile .
After the file for Jurdenson was done, I start to upgrade Lana's file to the same state of my new learned knowledge.
By doing that and finishing yesterday it begin very hard to "tickle" so I wish to wake up Lana for a while and make her progress further to level 17 ... . biggrin

I remember I was very satisfied with Lana's build, so I am with Jurdenson's current build also & because of that and the lovely trader's in the Dragon Knight Saga I think I can't resist to first play further on with Jurdenson ...
I think ... .

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I think ... I know I can't resist ...

hahaha Yesterday and the days before I can't resist to play a bit further on with Lana .

Today Lana reached Level 19 . Lana is started as a Mage . But using frequently a bow .
3 skillpoints left and 10 bonuspoints left .
Stats : with equipment (without)
HP 421 (220)
MP 344 (174)
STR 23 (19)
AGI 33 (27)
INT 39 (29)
CON 78 (55)
Resist : Lightning 17, Fire 10, Poison 5 & Spirit 10 .
Skills :
1 point in : Bow Expertise, Survivor's Instinct, Indentify, Bless, Elemental Arrows, Repair, Restoration, Poisoned Arrows, Telekinesis & Summon Skeleton .
2 points in : Alchemy, Enchant Weapon, Trader's Tongue, Freeze & Poison Weapon
3 points in : Meteorestrike & Lockpick .

The same microbe has falling down my head as in the DKS playing as Jurdenson :
the "collection mania" microbe hahaha biggrin
So I've already a few equipment items with a Skill on them to use if I want to switch my build a little bit ... so fun !
Or just it come in handy to have an extra point so I don't need to spend my skillpoints on them (immediately or never) ... I've extra on equipment : Bless, Indentify, Repair, Alchemy, Telekinesis, Lightning, Know Creature, Evade Trap .

Divine Divinity ... it still remains a great game !! Very addictive if you ask me wink

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Now Jurdenson have reached the end of Flames of Vengeance it's time to wake up Lana now and then.

Yesterday I played a little bit furter with Lana (still level 19) and make a final decision to play, being a Mage, ONLY with a Staff, bow or dagger! So NO sword, axe, spear or mace.
Also I try to take that kind of weapon that give extra mana(or health) or intelligence, so in the line of supporting a Mage build ! A Shield isn't that important since all staffs and bows are 2-Handed, but maybe if I use a dagger I can search for a shield with 4 or 5 charmslots to increase my manapool with charms ... smile

So Lana sell away all the weapons and buy a Staff to start her next adventure.
And it's her plan to use more and more magic spells and less weapons.
Freeze, Meteorestrike, Lightning, Deadly Discs, etc etc ... love them all and wish to try spells I never used before, despite I played DD already so many times!

Will be continued ...
wave

A
stranger
stranger
A
Wow smile I think the character I'm playing is the EXACT opposite of Lana ^_^ Male, survivor, swordsman, and no spells XD Archery's about the only thing they have in common~

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Great to read/know that their are almost infinitive different character to build in DD !!! smile
Thanks to the open skill tree ! up

(and this is the same for DKS, despites DKS have less skills than DD)

A
stranger
stranger
A
True. If I felt like going down the staff route, I'd just put a few points in it. Or if I wanted to start flinging spells, I could just start building my character towards that. It reminds me of Skyrim in that aspect.

Joram Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, most of the Orcs are slaughtered biggrin !

Lana, the Ranger Mage, has make it now halfway to level 24 (so to say: 23,5).
Her favorite weapons are a Bow with speed 4 (for fast "Elemental Arrows"), a Mace of Poison (does poison damage(2), lightning damage(5), spiritual damage(4) & stun(2)!), some Spears(with extra magicpool on it!) and of course magic spells like Freeze, Meteorestrike, Lightning, Restoration, etc etc ...

This time I try to concentrate on increasing Lana's manapool via charms and equipment with mana boosts .
Next time we start to solve some quests.

Will be continued ...

wave

A
stranger
stranger
A
Awesome! I'm thinking of one day writing up my character's adventures too smile Andandand I'm gonna challenge myself as well--absolutely no magic, not even healing. And maybe in another playthrough, spells and nothing but spells~

I'm still too scared to play in hardcore mode, though XD

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard