Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Hi, i have bought this game during the Steam summer sale, but when i started playing i noticed that some textures were completely black.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/918983254016747562/43BF43FBCEC18BCCD3071655C34B62AAB0EBA552/

As you can see, it's not nice to play with this problem. I searched for a solution around this forum, but nothing seems to work (disable desktop composition, manually change the resolution, turn everything off in the driver panel).

I run the game on this configuration: windows 7 64bit, AMD Phenom X4 965, Radeon HD5870, 4 GB ram DDR3.

How can i solve this problem?

Last edited by OwNathan; 22/07/12 10:18 AM.
Support
Support

I assume you tried verifying local files for the game?

Did you check for updated video drivers, etc? That helped someone with a vista 64 transparent textures issue.

Did you try changing the settings in the options for texture quality or anything related to shadows, etc?

Missing Water Textures ?

Did you try running the game in compatibility mode for XP, or something, to see if that helped?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, I agree. My system is an identical spec to Ownathan`s system except I have a HD4870 graphics card and it works fine on my system so there should be no compatibility problems. May well be a file that needs verifying and re-downloading if video drivers are up to date.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

O
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Thank you, i tried to verify the local files and to run the game in compatibility for Xp, one of them worked and now all appears to be fine!

Support
Support

Glad you got it working, and a belated welcome to the forum. wave

J
stranger
stranger
J
I would like to share witch gamers how to resolve tche graphic problems I had.
The game is fine (i"ve just started), but the video movies starting from Larians intro was cutting horribly. I ve trying many things and changing many options and settings.
Finally I ve opened a game folder with video and i ve converted video files. I ve hanged the size (Wide and High), and also but it was probably not neccessary the acoustic aquracy and it helped me.
Maybe is better way to resolve problem but my way worked too.

Support
Support

A couple people have converted some or all videos to a lower resolution and/or different codec to resolve video problems.

Old computer friendly -- FMVs resized - the download link is broken, but the program and settings used to batch convert the videos are described (there are also free video converters, like Super or Quick Media Converter).

There are things to try which may help without having to resort to this, though.

In-game video 'lag' Win7 64-bit (STEAM)

Welcome to the forum. wave

J
stranger
stranger
J
sorry, I was reading the forum not accurately and i couldnt find the resolution sooner.
Thanks for links and wellcome.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard