Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Neofit Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
There doesn't seem to be a "General" forum, so I guess I'll ask here.

I have only played the original Ego Draconis. What exactly does the Director's Cut that just appeared on Steam offer? The extra FoV bit at the end? So if I do not have my savegames anymore, I'll have to replay the same or 99% same Ego Draconis adventure before I get to the new bits? (I am not interested in the dev console nr the making of)

Thanks.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
The "extra FoV bit" is pretty substantial and well worth getting in itself; as of DKS, the rest of the game has been somewhat rebalanced, too, so it plays a bit more smoothly in terms of overall difficulty and convenience. I seem to recall the graphics have also been somewhat improved in DKS, but I'm much too unobservant to say what they've changed! As far as I know, the developers' console is the main addition to the Director's Cut, but you have to admit that playing through the whole game as a chicken has a certain attraction all of its own! laugh

Regarding the savegames, even if you still had them you wouldn't be able to load them, they made too many minor changes for them to be loadable; but you can launch straight into FoV without having to go through ED first.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

Check your game library on Steam; anyone who bought D2:ED or DKS on Steam should have D2:DC listed now.

N
Neofit Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Raze

Check your game library on Steam; anyone who bought D2:ED or DKS on Steam should have D2:DC listed now.

Wait, if I had bought D2:ED from Steam I would have received the DC for free, but since I got the boxed version I don't qualify? Shame!

Last edited by Neofit; 30/10/12 12:47 PM.
Support
Support

Email Larian (support@larian.com) with the SecuROM key for the PC retail version of D2:ED or DKS to get a voucher for D2:DC from the Larian Vault.

Anyone who bought FoV or DKS from the Vault should already have D2:DC added to their games list.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Neofit

Wait, if I had bought D2:ED from Steam I would have received the DC for free, but since I got the boxed version I don't qualify? Shame!

Be happy you can get the DC via simply send an email to larian ... I can get nothing "extra" buying Divinity twice (Ego Draconis and later on DKS(with FoV)) on Xbox360 ...
I hope someone of the librarians read this post and give me that 130 pages book that is included with the Anthology. I want read it, from page zero to page 130 ! smile
Is this possible ?
If you wish I can come to Ghent to the Studio ! grin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Vometia

Regarding the savegames, even if you still had them you wouldn't be able to load them, they made too many minor changes for them to be loadable; but you can launch straight into FoV without having to go through ED first.

Actually all saves seems to be working for me.

Last edited by hrrvhr; 30/10/12 06:46 PM.
Well, I'm not able to write in the official announcement, so I'll say it here: thanks fot this gift, Larian ^_^

I have the DKS-steam version and I'm surprised to see the DC edition for free in my game list. When DC was announced, I decided not to buy it because the english-forced issue, but I was curious to see the range of console commands. I'm afraid I'm eager to play as a chicken or a Dragon in Broken Valley xD

So, well, thanks again ^_^

stranger
stranger
Where do we find the securom key? I just dug out the box/disk and manual for ED and I don't see anything.

The only code I have is for FoV which I obtained via gamersgate.

Is it something in the registry because I'm not sure what I'd be looking for there.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Same problem; where to find the securom key(s). I've looked in my registry under securom, but I cannot access the license page.

Support
Support

hrrvhr;
Saves from the original release of D2:ED are not compatible with DKS / D2:DC.

Zerael;
What "english-forced issue"? The retail anthology was in English, but included Steam codes for the games, as well.

Robynah, Dungeoncrawler;
Isn't it on the back page of the manual? I think I saw a readme file that said that, anyway. I played the XBox version of D2:ED and DKS.

I'm not sure what is going on yet with digital distributions other than Steam and the Vault. I'm sure Larian will announce more information as it becomes available.

Dungeoncrawler, welcome to the forum. wave

D
stranger
stranger
D

Robynah, Dungeoncrawler;
Isn't it on the back page of the manual? I think I saw a readme file that said that, anyway. I played the XBox version of D2:ED and DKS.
Dungeoncrawler, welcome to the forum. wave

Thanks for the welcome. The back of the manual (pic included) is empty with the exception of the trademarks at the very bottom and some copyright stuff frown. I have emailed support directly so hopefully I'll get a response soon. Thanks for trying to help.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler; 31/10/12 12:40 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Don't count on it. I have the same problem, tried the support route and they've been spectacularly unhelpful.

For example:

"If you bought this on the day of release, the serial key should be on the back of the manual or on the inside of the box (perhaps below the DVD itself). You have to understand that, without a serial key as proof, we cannot offer a voucher for D2 DC."

And

"As I stated in the previous mail, without a serial key, we cannot offer the upgrade to Divinity 2: Developer's Cut.
I apologize for any inconvenience."

As a longtime Larian fan I am very disappointed in them. They could take some tips from CD Project on how to treat their customers.

D
stranger
stranger
D
^^ The above method I posted with the addition of my email address was suffice for cd project to send me a key for a free copy of witcher 2 ee. I would hope lacking a product key, which it would appear was not supplied in the first place, a pic of the game-disk with personal details would be a acceptable replacement as proof of purchase? Having just installed the game, a product key was not needed for installation in the first place.

@Raze: Developer's Cut does not have spanish language. There are ways to insert spanish texts on it, but the game, per se, does not have the option to swtich it. (That's why I said "forced", since english is the only other language I can read).

Support
Support
Zerael;
Larian did say additional language support was possible. There are Spanish and Italian versions of DKS, so there could potentially be updates for D2:DC, assuming no technical or legal issues prevent it (Larian has to secure the right to use the localization for a new release from the relevant publisher, etc).

Dungeoncrawler;
Did you check the inside of the back cover, etc?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Zerael;
Dungeoncrawler;
Did you check the inside of the back cover?

Yea, all the normal places smile. Installation did not ask for one making me think one was not included. However it wouldn't be the first time someone has forgot to include a product key by mistake. What's strange is the developers are asking for a securom key to validate for developer upgrade. Is a securom key the same as a product key?

edit - I just noticed I'm probably not in the right thread for my game version - srry gents.

Email Larian (support@larian.com) with the SecuROM key for the PC retail version of D2:ED or DKS to get a voucher for D2:DC from the Larian Vault.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler; 31/10/12 01:55 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Just out of curiosity, I checked my original ED disc, box and manual (it's the PC version) and there's no sign of any key in mine either. Not that if affects me since I bought the Anthology separately, but just for the record...

J'aime le fromage.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Someone needs to explain that to support. There is NO number.

I'm double screwed because I also bought the D2/DKS digital version from Amazon and chose the drm free version instead of Steam so no patch for me there either.

Support
Support
Vometia;
Yes, I thought the retail PC versions of D2:ED and DKS just used a disk check...

RichardBlackrose;
Larian may not be able to verify you purchased DKS, but Amazon certainly can. I'm sure Larian is working to get D2:DC updated with all digital distributors that carry Divinity 2.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard