O
ASUS P5Q-E - LGA775 Socket
Corsair XMS2 - 2x2GB
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 / 3 GHz
eVGA GeForce GTX 260
corsair 650W
win xp sp3

divine divinity version 1.0.0.34

When i installed divine divinity a while ago the game looked fine. I havent changed any hardware.

i just started the game again, and there is a graphical issue. most of hte screen is black, except for some areas that is randomly colored. it only happens when the game is played, not when the game menu is displayed or when the game is loading.

i tried compatibility mode, but no differences.
also in the configtool: software/directdraw/glide but those displayed worse.

Last edited by okeee; 05/04/13 12:52 PM.
Support
Support

Graphical Issue, Indoor textures turning black?

Indoor graphics issues

Did you update your graphics drivers, before or after this started happening?

Are other DirectX games working?

Did you try un-installing the game and re-installing? Or just installing it again in a different folder? This doesn't seem like something cause by a corrupt or missing file, but it couldn't hurt to check (as long as you make sure you don't accidentally delete your saves).

The game displays a screenshot when loading a save and a static image in the background of the main menu.

O
okeee Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
O

these problems seem similar, although there are lots of colors added, such as described here:
url

i tried that solution, but it didnt work. ("splotchproblem 0")

im not sure if graphics have been updated, might have been a while ago.

Are other DirectX games working?

not sure if these are directx games, but bioshock, gta: san andreas, unreal tournament, portal, portal 2, mirrors edge work fine.

Last edited by okeee; 07/04/13 10:27 AM.
Support
Support

If other games are working that means it isn't a simple hardware or DirectX issue.

Did you check for updated video drivers?

If you don't want to re-install the game, there is a file verification procedure (for the disk version) described at the end of the Troubleshooting Tips topic.

Try emailing support@larian.com, with a description of the problem and maybe a link to this topic.

addict
addict
A bit late on the reply, but I was having this same issue with the Steam version. What I did to fix it (at least for me), was to edit the "memory limit 32" line in config.div, and changed it to "memory limit 64". When I loaded my save, no more corruption.

apprentice
apprentice
Run the game in software mode, fixes any problem smile

addict
addict
Software mode didn't fix it for me, in fact it made it worse. That's why I experimented with other options.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard