Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
veteran
veteran
I'm in for Arhu's idea picking two people of a different gender smile Please remake the list LordCrash, thanks in advance wink

Me, Joram: male .
But I must first ask my boss to give me a free day (vacation) on friday !
(he must agree, no doubt about it :hihi: )

"I've not a costum/outfit like a wheresheep, but I've a "doll" that looks like a sheep, is that good enough ?" think
"I think not, ghostly ghost!"
"But ... "
"Shut up ! Let first the women pass ... "
".. [and the invisible ghost disappeared ... ]

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I would vote for Dwelfusius and DarthDavy.

Dwelfusius because she is a girl. Sorry guys, we just need more girls playing RPGs...and she's an epic Divinity fan who wrote many posts for D:OS on various channels (I can approve that.)

DarthDavy simply because he wants to come in a WoOS dresscode. We have to respect that, it's awesome. Go, go, go Davy.... laugh

I would take Robrecht because he is our weresheep.net provider but he already stated that he would let someone else go since he is already at the Fanday. smile

Dwelfusius
26, female, epic Divinity fan, spammer for D:OS on various forums and chats

Ziffy
38, male, D&D veteran, black sheep, would write a report

Xtasy
19, male, no real weresheep, would write an articel, wants to search for more WoOS lore hints

Runeweaver
plays tabletop games since 1985, critic of Divinity 2, would provide some maths tutelage

Joram
40, male, angel-sheep, don't want to be picked, ghost, wants to beat Bellegar in a rhyming contest

DarthDavy
33, male, Larian fans since LED wars, wants to make all other weresheep jealous, would visit Larian in WoOS dresscode

Robrecht
28, male, RPG veteran, has a mutual friend with Kirill, provides weresheep.net

Dexyd
36, male, spams for D:OS, made a nice graphic (I like it!)

Foobarry81
sucks at playing RPGs, suffers from Peter Pan complex, wants to break every single barrel in the game

Last edited by LordCrash; 24/04/13 11:40 AM.

WOOS
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Once you guys and girls have a complete list, maybe you could make a poll to get the vote going?

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LordCrash
So we have 12 prospects so far:

- Robrecht
- Dwelfusius
- Garod
- Ziffy
- Estrogen
- X-tasy
- Runeweaver
- Joram
- DarthDavy
- Dexyd
- Foobary81
- Kiya-Elle

Hm, I like the idea that Larian choose two among you but I doubt that they have time to do so properly today. Swen said that we should come up with two people on our own....

No no! I gave my vote to Katrien (dwelfusius), as I don't even live in Belgium smile

Last edited by Estrogen; 24/04/13 11:45 AM.
veteran
veteran
So I made a little summary:
Joram
40, male, angel-sheep, don't want to be picked, ghost

Annoying, but correct!
Missing some info:
* a big Divninity fan since 2005 playing almsot only div games ... for years !
* Invisible ghost-sheep, roaming a Dimention between Belgium and Rivellon ... only Zixzax can give me his Card, it's ALL on his Card(!), but I can't read the language !
* I become 41 this Summer and hope to go to the Fan day of the Librarians ! laugh
* You know where to find me ! wave

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Shane-o
Originally Posted by foobarry81
Sure, but:
- given how Katrien/dwelfusius is apparently the only girl gamer of the line up, maybe we should put 5 cards with her name on it in the hat

Actually, wouldn't it be awesome if we had one male representative and one female?

So, Katrien would naturally go and the males are up for choice/votes/random.org to be the male counterpart?

EDIT: if I'd actually read the whole thread I'd noticed others already were saying this

I agree. The list doesn't sound too bad either. If any of the male representative can't make it on Friday for any reason then the next on the list can take his spot (same rule if Katrien can't make it).

Now, for how long do we keep the entries open? I suggest till tomorrow Thursday April 25th noon (12pm CEST - Brussels, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam - timezone of Larian Studios). Post the results afterwards and give the names to Larian Studios so they know who will be coming on Friday to their KS Wrap-up party.

old hand
old hand
Maybe you will get lucky and Larian will allow all those available to attend ? I'm not a sheep - mostly because I'm anti-sheep but I hate these sort of things because two people will be very happy and the other 10 not so much. If it has to be two and only two I would either let the 12 who want to go to decide among themselves without peer pressure or interference or pick two names from a hat.

Hum. Well hum. I was going to say more but I'll wait to see if Larian comments further.

journeyman
journeyman
DarthDavy simply because he wants to come in a WoOS dresscode. We have to respect that, it's awesome. Go, go, go Davy.... laugh

Oh man, I knew that post would backfire rolleyes

I don't know if it's possible to make something awesome on such short notice. But spraying a hat and a t-shirt with glue and cotton balls should be doable and I am crazy enough to do something like that.

I am also going to the fan day in August, so that's also a reason to give the spot to someone else. Otherwise Robrecht has as much reason to go as anyone else. Even more, because he's the weresheep.net provider.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by meme
Hum. Well hum. I was going to say more but I'll wait to see if Larian comments further.

Larian said to sort it out ourselves

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Two options:

a) I'll make a poll which allows us to vote who will be our two emissaries. I would put everyone on the list who really wants to be there.

b) We send the list of prospects to Larian and they shall decide by coincidence (like writing the names on a piece of paper, putting them all in a bowl and picking two winners).

What do you think? a or b?

Last edited by LordCrash; 24/04/13 01:22 PM.

WOOS

b) We send the list of prospects to Larian and they shall decide by coincidence (like writing the names on a piece of paper, putting them all in a bowl and picking two winners).
I think this could be nice for Larian to integrate in an update. If they are interested of course.

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
old hand
old hand
I would do (b); I don't think this should be a popularity contest.

veteran
veteran
Take "a" because the Larian Team do need all their time to make of D:OS the best they ever can .. and they DO, I know it ! smile

And a poll sounds great. But don't put me on the poll list, I simply don't deserve it.
And I'm happy if I see two happy emissaries coming up on friday in Ghent !
If they're happy = I'm happy for them !! smile

@Larian: in times of urgency, when one or the two guys send only their sheep, I can try to act as a WOOS emissary on friday ! I can take a free day and jump on the train to Ghent, so let me know at least thurstday evening and I can arrange it properly. But I don't think this scenario will happen !
(and since I'm that incredible invisible ghost sheep, nodbody can even see me roaming the Studios of the Larians! :hihi: )

But then again, women first (Dwelfusius) and other men also, like DarthDavy or Robrecht or ... the poll can do the work !

wave

addict
addict
Gender "equality" at its best xD. I think like Joram that Larian is too busy.
just make it somehow random and i dont know maybe load it up to youtube to show it.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Nice idea Kiya-Elle

addict
addict
My thoughts:
  • 1 girl, 1 guy (if possible)
  • make a list INCLUDING location, i.e. country. It might be interesting to have an emmisaries from a countries other than Belgium that are not too far away (France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, whatever)
  • The person MUST assure us that he is able to afford lodging and transportation (especially if the person is not from tiny little Belgium). €200 should suffice
  • Then we vote. MY vote is STRONGLY biased on how much the person has supported this project in the forums/kickstarter chat. So I would like to know both the kickstarter and forum pseudonyms
  • We should make our decision by tommorow morning at the latest. There is not much time left.

stranger
stranger
Either option sounds fine by me.
Letting the awesome people at Larian decide *live* eek (via a stochastic process, like a die-roll or ye olde name-from-hat) would be nice, too – *and* it could also act as a nice PR-move.

Finally, I agree with some other members of the Flock – Dwelfusius / Katrien should be one of our Emissaries...

2 + 2 = 5 (for sufficiently large values of 2)
journeyman
journeyman
@dlux: I know it's YOUR vote, but I feel like that's not really the way it should go. I don't like how everyone on here tries to be the "better fan" of Larian or Divinity (like "I'm a fan since 1997 or something"). We are all fans, and we all want to make this happen. Actually we already did.

There are loads of reasons imagineable why someone would at this point not contribute as much to the Kickstarter campaign. They could've been in a car accident, have a high medical bill, be in hospital, just got a a child, are in debt... you name it. So I really don't like this approach where your contribution (financial or material) is the only merit, or that some backers are better than others because they contributed more.

Personally, I don't have any troubles right now, and my pledge is at $101. I also encouraged a friend who was new to Kickstarter to pledge, and he did. I hope that is enough for you, and I hope you appreciate my contribution. Could I afford to donate more? Sure, but I don't feel like I should. I never spend high amounts on games, and I only did here because Larian is a Belgian studio and I feel like I need to support my fellow countrymen.

It's for that reason that I applied for one of the fan positions, and made my plea as I did. Because it doesn't matter who you are or how big of a fan you are. A big fan might just be a complete lunatic as well. For reference: here's how Lord Crash summarized my plea:

Foobarry81
sucks at playing RPGs, suffers from Peter Pan complex, wants to break every single barrel in the game (he forgot to mention how I don't have matching shoes for the weresheep official dress code)

While I do think it would be nice to have a girl/woman (Katrien obviously) on there Friday (because it could be inspiring for other women, who doubt whether they should pledge or not), I think the only proper way this thing could and should be arranged is by pure luck. Put everyone's name in a hat and draw. Simple as that. I don't even need a Youtube video to prove how the draw went. Just let someone neutral do it, and trust they will do the right thing.

journeyman
journeyman
Whatever happens, I just stopped at the supermarket to buy 200 cotton balls smile

addict
addict
Okay guys, this has to go faster. Larian is very busy with the Kickstarter campaign, so I will just take the initiative (I am trying my best. If something is missing or needs to be ammended, then please say so).

If you are interested in joining the Kickstarter wrap party at Larian's Office in Ghent, Belgium then please add the follwing info.
1. You must be able to pay for lodging (if required) and transport! €200 should suffice and be more than enough. This is very important!
2. The wrap party takes place at 14:00 CET on Friday, 26. April. You should arrive no later than 13:30 CET, but try to arrive at 13:00 CET!
3. If you are interested in the joining the wrap party, then please add the following info: forum name, kickstarter name, location (city, country), sex, short description why you deserve to be our emmisary

EXAMPLE:
Forum name: dlux
Kickstarter name: dlux (write "PayPal Pledger" if you pledged with PayPal)
sex: male
Reason: I can not make it to the wrap party, this is just an example

Notes:
  • LordCrash has been so nice to already start compiling a list of those who are interested. I will try to add missing info to this list (if possible). In any case, please fill out the form I have created under EXAMPLE and post it here.
  • Our decision will obviously be biased on your support of Larian, The Weresheep™ and Divinity: Original Sin, that is why your Kickstarter name and forum name are required.
  • LordCrash (I am sure he is interested in helping smile and I will set up a poll soon.

Last edited by dlux; 24/04/13 04:54 PM.
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard