Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
2nd attempt..... wink

I'll let Swen speak for himself:

@Weresheep: I have room for two Weresheep in the Larian offices this friday for the final event that will be streamed live. Those two can play DOS once David & me finish and participate in the party.

I'll let the Weresheep sort out how you pick the two - let us know on info@larian.com by thursday evening or so.

Well, who wants to join the party this Friday?

Feel free to write a post here why you should visit the party and how the whole herd could benefit by sending YOU to Larian as anofficial Weresheep emmisary! This is a pure volunteer act but it would be very kind of you to tell the other weresheep something about you in case you will be chosen to be our official emissary.

All people who answered until Thursday afternoon (CET) will be on the final list of prospects. Then I will send that list to Larian who choose two of you from that list by random principle.

But please make sure that you really have the time for attending the party this Friday and you can afford the accomodations/travel costs! Everything else would be unfair towards the other prospects!

meh

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Ok little asl if we want to send diff. demographs or whathaveyounot:

Katrien
Female
Brussels

I don't work on fridays! oh please please i can't go to fanday -.-

I'll up my pledge as a token of my gratitude,tell me what you need and I'll do it but Pleaze let me go!

I don't think I earn it more than anyone else, but I've been a fan of larian for over..erm..8yrs or so..Been with the KS from day 1,apid advertisers to promote it, spread the word to all my friends,bugged them for pledges, defended larian on forums from RPGwatch to IGN and in all the comments sections of the articles and youtube vids, have been an avid reader of Swen's blog ever since I discovered it (2yrs or so?) and have I mentioned D:OS is going to finally fill the very nice isometric RPG shaped hole inside of me, left by DD and others.. and yes I cannot go to fanday since on holiday -.- ..but as said this is rewarding in itself to share the marvell that is Larian with the world.

Maybe a female would be cool to show it's a good thing to try and convince your GF to play with you wink

=) Ofc I would need to find a babysit but IDC,it's done.. So that's for my motivation ^^

I could write a very nice report about it,lot of pics if larian would let me, so it would be just as if you guys were there?

And oh yeah you would save my neigbours from listening to KS wrapup on stream/stereo speakers all day ^^

Edited by dwelfusius (Today at 01:26 AM)

sorry just repost,should be in bed already very sleepy ,let's not "pollute" this post and be nice, let's be an example of the larian community.. god i need sleep..ciaooo smile

"Dwelfusius | Were-axlotl of Original Sin"

Hardcorus RPGus PCus Extremus
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Hummpfff. After reading previous thread, not sure if I want to represent the weresheep at Larian, I'll have to sleep over it. It's kinda spoiled.

But anyhow, same as dwelfusius, I repost what I've said before.

I live in Belgium (about 120km from Gent). I'm Male.

I see everybody is starting to post their age... well, within two years I hope to find the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life" --> so I'm 40.

I have to work, but I could make an exception...
I've also a D&D session (Dragonlance, already ~15years with the same people, it's great) to play that evening... for this is hardier to make an exception. That's a tough one, but Larian might be an exception on that.

Motivation: I've always been the black sheep in the family... so for once in my life...

I would love to have a chance to see the work behind a game (and its developers)... maybe I'll make a career change. But probably the Larian's won't be in the mood on friday to give extensive "lore" about that.

Of course, just having a chance to play the game, instead of watching it...

The emissionaries should at least write a report!

And perhaps some of the unfortunate weresheeps have some ideas what the emissionaries should do... (but walking in a sheepcustome the whole day would be terrible I guess)

---
I'm probably one of the older guys, so if there are younger...
There are probably emissionaries with very original ideas.
If so, I gladly revoke my (already partly think) entry

Last edited by ziffy; 24/04/13 10:54 PM.
addict
addict
Good luck fellow Weresheep horsey and Weresheepettes cheer

smile

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ziffy
Hummpfff. After reading previous thread, not sure if I want to represent the weresheep at Larian, I'll have to sleep over it. It's kinda spoiled.

Aww come on. Just because there are some black sheep in there, doesn't mean you have to hate the whole family all of a sudden... ;-)

Edit: to make things clear for everybody... this is just a sarcastic remark, that was meant to be funny. With "black sheep" I refer to both dlux and myself both of which were involved in the quarrel in the other thread. (Note how I said "some black sheep" and not "A black sheep".)

Last edited by foobarry81; 25/04/13 08:23 AM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
name: Laurents Van Cauwenberghe
i'm from Werchter
a reason for why i deserve...
there actually isn't a reason why i should be allowed to go more than anybody else, i didn't pledge 10k$ i didn't save swen's, i didn't get 500 people to back the project etc.
the reason why i want to go is simple, i'd be amazing to actually try original sin, i think it would also help me decide whether i want a carreer in video game development or not :p

could anyone tell me when this is, by the way?
time/date i mean

addict
addict
Originally Posted by foobarry81
Originally Posted by ziffy

Aww come on. Just because there are some black sheep in there, doesn't mean you have to hate the whole family all of a sudden... ;-)

Yeah, black sheep like foobarry, who compares a democratic vote for all to "fascism like in animal farm, where only the pigs could vote", because he isn't very bright and can't tell the difference. wave

addict
addict
Male
Hamburg
apprentice
I have holidays. but i have live in Hamburg,Germany so it would be a long trip.
I played DD and D2 multiple times tried BD but it was too boring. Since i only have Paypal i am not a weresheep by pledging but per heart.
i liked he larian facebook site times before we had too and subscribed to their youtube channel.
I vistited the Ks campaign from the first day and advertised for it on youtube an a various of other forums. I managed to get 2 friends in pledging money. In Rivellon i love the humor and the appearence.
I would write an article in this forum about it and take a few pictures with my smartphone.

i would demand to get another hint for the weresheeps and i would share it of course. and i want to see wether swen is taller than me because he always looks very tall in the videos xD.

again another repost,
when do we get to know who is choosen? would be could to know if there is an exact time.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by dlux
Yeah, black sheep like foobarry, who compares a democratic vote for all to "fascism like in animal farm, where only the pigs could vote", because he isn't very bright and can't tell the difference. wave

Even though I'm not very bright, I do know that every animal could vote in Animal Farm, in a "democratic vote" like the one you proposed. So not only the pigs. It seems like you sadly failed to grasp what I meant to say with that too.

Now don't be such a sore loser, please respect LC's wish to make this a normal thread and shut it.

Last edited by foobarry81; 25/04/13 07:07 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
My participation post. I'm Davy, from Belgium (50kms from Ghent), 33 years old and fan of Larian Studios since The Led Wars (1997 - RTS). I'm a huge fan of their games, not only because they are the only serious game developer of Flanders, but they just make great games. Games I like to play. I'm also a supporter of Divinity Original Sin since they started their Kickstarter campaign and a member of the WOOS since their inception. I've been also working very hard promoting this game to all of my gaming friends and family and I have my wife on track to play it in co-op with me when it releases. Online I have been busy getting the word out for D:OS on Tweakers.net ( http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1543454 ) and 9Lives.be. This doesn't entitle me more to go to the KS wrap-up party than anyone else, but it's just a short introduction to what kind of WOOS member and Larian fan I am.

What will I do for the WOOS when I can go to the KS wrap-up party?
Make all the WOOS very jealous I was there and they were not. oops

In all seriousness: i'll take photo's/make video's (if the Larian dudes let me) and write a nice report/article for the WOOS afterwards.

Thank you for your consideration thankyou

enthusiast
enthusiast
quick questions:

what is Larian Studios adress ( to see how long travel time would need to be) and when are "the chosen one" expected?Not unimportant information smile

stranger
stranger
Stapelplein 70A
9000 Gent

At your service wink

stranger
stranger
Right, here we go.
Hi, fellow Sheep (& non-Ovine participants).The name's Jur (funnily enough my *real* name isn't Runeweaver...), and I'm a 42 year old male from Oudendijk, the Netherlands. If you've never heard of Oudendijk I'm not surprised – it's a smallish village some 35 km north of Amsterdam.

I've been teaching math for 13 years; currently on an extended break due to, let's say, personal stuff...
(I do have a car, and it's something like a 4-hour drive from Oudendijk to Gent.)

So why me. Well...
TL;DR: Please let me go, pretty please? grin

Now, I'm not a long-time fan like Katrien or Davy... I did play DD when it first came out (& a very nice game it was), somehow missed BD, and tried D2 too soon. (As Swen himself stated, it came out way too soon cry .)
*However* – this whole D: OS KS thing has shown me a unique perspective of Larian Studios; and they are absolutely awesome people! Adding Weresheep to D: OS; the Update Song; the comments in the KS comment section; all above and (way) beyond the call of duty, I think. So thankyou , Larian!
Then, there's the Weresheep Flock itself; what started out as a joke soon grew into a huge pile of wooly delight. In fact, the whole WoOS thing managed to break me out of a life-long habit of lurking; so kudos to the Flock [insert appropriate sheep-related sound here]. And that's quite a feat; personally, I'm more of a Penguin-person (now *there's* a surprise...)
*If*, by some kind twist of fate, I'm actually one of the Chosen Sheep (does that sound too religious shame ? I can work on that!), I can take pictures; and I will of course do a write-up with my fellow Emissary. Also, I promise not to do anything *too* silly as the rest of the Flock (& the world) watches...

In conclusion: I apologise for the wall of text (I have this habit of rambling...), but I guess I realy want to go...

2 + 2 = 5 (for sufficiently large values of 2)
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fodbaddun
Stapelplein 70A
9000 Gent

At your service wink

If you come by train, take station "Gent Dampoort" and then you have to walk for about 15 a 20 minutes.
Short description:
from station Gent Dampoort take North (= R40: Dok-Zuid) and then you can't miss Stapelplein.
(don't forget to look around the building because you don't "see" the entrance immediately wink
I once visited LS for play-testing of the Flames of Vengeance part ! smile
Cool & friendly guys are the Larians laugh !

Note of warning !
I don't put myself on this list because I don't deserve it ... And what's more important:
With a Bellegar in my head,
Who knows what this can provoke being there at Larian Studios ?!?

I don't wanna loose a fantastic developers team because the Bellegar in me put an end on everybody's life
Summoning thousand & thousand of Black Wheresheeps with
One magistral poetical phrase !!
aargh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
I've read in the previous topic that we have to be there between 1pm and 1.30pm CEST.

I'll quickly reiterate that I'll be at the fan day in any case, so your weresheep.net provider prefers to let someone else go in his place. HF hehe party

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
quick questions:

what is Larian Studios adress ( to see how long travel time would need to be) and when are "the chosen one" expected?Not unimportant information smile

The livestream will start at 14:00 Brussels time so I think you should be there at the latest. But more details will be given to the two chosen ones by Swen/Larian himself I think. smile

WOOS
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So a quick summary so far:

Dwelfusius
ziffy
daemento
X-tasy
Runeweaver
DarthDavy

@daemento
Are you a weresheep? Sorry for the question, mate, but I don't recognize your name and I just want to go sure since thise thing is for weresheeps only. And I think your age could be problematic as well. I don't know if alcohol is available at the party later and Larian could run into some serious legal problems if you stay there. I'm not into Belgian laws that much, it just came to my mind when I read your post.... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 25/04/13 12:15 PM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
LC we have an estimated time for the ballot/voting/whatever?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by dwelfusius
LC we have an estimated time for the ballot/voting/whatever?

I would say 20:00 Berlin time. smile

WOOS
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard