Next Thread
Print Thread
D
DarkNeo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello community! First tell them that I recently bought the Anthology Edition.

A few weeks ago, after more than 10 years, a group of fans created a Spanish translation for Divine Divinity.

After more than 100 hours I'm done. I must say, I was not much fun for a lot, even I can say something unexpected. DD is better than Diablo 2. It's great!

My question is: Original Sin will in Spanish?

It's that I do not want to pass as with DD we were to wait like 10 years to enjoy it in Spanish.

They are asking please! Location to launch a Spanish!

PD: I would have preferred that Original Sin is real time as the original DD, but no matter, I see very promising, and continue the story.

Many greetings! and sorry for my bad English!

Support
Support

So far the languages confirmed for D:OS are English, French, German, Polish and Russian. More languages may be added. Currently, localization is handled by the retail distributors, and Larian does not have deals in place in all regions. If a Spanish (etc) distributor isn't found, it is possible a localization could be done another way.

Welcome to the forum. wave

D
DarkNeo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Ok, thank!

If, however, a tool or editor, so that fans can translate it!

That could be possible?

Support
Support

The editor that Larian is using to make D:OS will be released with the game, so I would guess you should be able to use the dialog editor to translate the text (or create new mods in other languages).

Actually, in the kickstarter comments someone asked about the possibility of crowd sourcing an Italian translation if no distributor could be found, which Larian was open to the possibility of. If there is no official Spanish translation, there may at least be some support to help make fan made translations easier (and hopefully faster than 10 years biggrin ).

D
DarkNeo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
For Spanish speakers, Divine Divinity unnoticed in his time, I think about not being in Spanish.

But recently, I finished the game, with its current translation, I have no words to praise them for creating such a GOOD game even more fun me that with Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Sacred, Torchlight, etc..

Congratulations for that!

Sure, that if it goes that editor, will find it impossible to translate, games like that do you, I realized they are GREAT!

After playing Divine Divinity, still do not understand how they are not as famous as, for example, Blizzard ... but hey, life is unfair to some. But I think they are on track, and for me, my community, I will do everything possible to make them know their games.

Thanks for everything!

I completely support this: as I have said many times, D:OS is not going to have any praise here (even reviews) due to the absence of translation. It is sad, but this is how it works in Spain.

Some people have mentioned FX in the italian translation thread, and I would add that FX spanish translations tend to be extremely cool. I hope Larian is able to do something about this. There are some incredible communities here dedicated to translations, but an official one would serve to gain media ttention.

Just an example: almost every major videogame magazine has ignored the superp kickstarter campaign; some days ago, one of the most important digital magazines made a coverage about 30 succesful kickstarter campaigns, and, of course, D:OS wasn't even mentioned.

I already pledged for D:OS, and even if I had not, I would have ended buying the game nonetheless... but I'm pretty sure the game is going to be ignored even from spanish RPG lovers.

Last edited by Zerael; 10/05/13 04:27 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by DarkNeo

After playing Divine Divinity, still do not understand how they are not as famous as, for example, Blizzard ... but hey, life is unfair to some. But I think they are on track, and for me, my community, I will do everything possible to make them know their games.

From a pure gamer point of view they are famous (I want as a proof the successful kickstarter campaign, I was so far to imagine that so many people would support them, and Larian studio too^^) but even if they make amazing games they are a small studio (which is getting bigger I think :D) and they do not have the marketting impact that big company like Activision-Blizzard (do not forget that those j**ks from Activision owe Blizzard since 2008 !!).
From a personnal point of view I am fine with that, they do what they want, they listen to their community (which is an amazing community !!) and they make the games the way they want following their minds.

I support the idea that at least a writting spanish version should be made (even not dub). It is much more pleasant to play in your mother tongue.

Bienvenido en el foro !!

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmm, localisation in spanish might open up a new market. Brazil/Mexico/Spain/portugal/rest of south america?? I'm not very familiar with portugal/spain's language if it can interchange.

I don't know how many languages they translated Divinity II DKS into for 400K euros, but if it's for that amount, might as well translate such for markets such as the countries I've stated above.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Originally Posted by henryv
Hmm, localisation in spanish might open up a new market. Brazil/Mexico/Spain/portugal/rest of south america?? I'm not very familiar with portugal/spain's language if it can interchange.

I don't know how many languages they translated Divinity II DKS into for 400K euros, but if it's for that amount, might as well translate such for markets such as the countries I've stated above.

DKS was translated, and got pretty damn good reviews here ^_^

By the way -spanish translation would benefit all Latin America, and of course, Spain itself; Brazil and Portugal do not speak spanish wink

veteran
veteran
Spanish is a standard language in any modern AAA title so I don't get it that D:OS shouldn't be translated to Spanish......I hope there will be a Spanish version.

WOOS
Of course, despite the crisis and the economic problems here, many distributors keep the spanish language as an option; sadly, Larian is not going to do it, for understandable reasons.

As Raze said in this same thread:

Currently, localization is handled by the retail distributors, and Larian does not have deals in place in all regions. If a Spanish (etc) distributor isn't found, it is possible a localization could be done another way.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Lista la traducción, lo he hecho con un API de google translator y no manual así que es lo que hay, mejor. Dentro del fichero las instrucciones

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hrsrykz69ll34v/Divinity%20Original%20Sin_Spanish.rar

Si alguien se anima está el fichero original para ir línea a línea (hay casi 21.000)

Felicitar a los programadores por haber tenido la genial idea de dejar los textos en un xml con guid para que los mismos usuarios puedan traducirlo. De parte de toda la comunidad hispana, gracias

--
List the translation, I did a google translator API and manual that is not what is better. Within the file the user

https://www.dropbox....Sin_Spanish.rar

If anyone is encouraged to go the original file line by line (there are almost 21,000)

Congratulate the developers for having the brilliant idea of letting the texts in an xml with the same guid so that users can translate. On behalf of the entire Hispanic community, thanks

S
S
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Spanish is a standard language in any modern AAA title

Exactly. In any modern AAA title. But D:OS certainly isn't AAA. More classical RPG games, are completely different thing than AAA productions. There are countries like Poland, where AAA titles doesn't sell well, but classic RPG fanbase is very strong, so most of niche productions got tranlations. And on the other hand, there are countries with good sale numbers of AAA titles, and at the same time very, very low demand for games like D:OS.
Maybe Spain is one of these?

Link Copied to Clipboard