Next Thread
Print Thread
#469809 18/07/13 10:47 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hello everybody,

It doesn't crash or desynch in the office anymore, so if you get one of those nasty bugs, do let us know! We are aware of a couple of AI performance issues on the host, and are working on them.

Changelist 1.0.137.9727:

- UI tooltip crash fix
- Added filters to lobby
- A lot of stability fixes in the lobby
- Fixed problem where internet lobbies were visible in LAN tab
- Desync fix when loading a savegame
- Key hints are shown during loadingscreens
- Crash fix during shutdown of AI
- Removed unused levels from level list again
- Fix crash when AI is targetting units outside of AI grid
- Strategy AI more aggressive
- Added tutorial videos to main menu
- Priests heal ally units again

Have fun!

old hand
old hand
Hey I just got quite a nasty bug, don't know if it's because of the patch or not. But it's the first time I have gotten it.

In a 2 human vs 2 AI skirmish my initial start view point was from that of the dragon. So I had the dragon cursor and the dragon limitations. But no dragon. Also I couldn't exit the dragon mode.

Once the dragon timer ran out and I was able to spawn the dragon I could get back to the RTS controls.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Excellent! Thanks!

Just to yammer on about not-all-that-important-stuff again: ambient sounds seem to be back with this patch. At the very least, maps now have a constant wind sound in the background. It still seems only Storm Shores has the full range, however- birds and waves and stuff that plays when the camera is closest to the ground.

Incidentally, Raze, thanks for testing this and replying in the previous patch notes.

Also, are there new ground decals on the skirmish maps now? Like rocks, and weeds, and such? I've never noticed them before!

Last edited by Bukeagle; 19/07/13 12:12 AM.
veteran
veteran
Bug: The Sabotage Dragon skill doesn't seem to work on anti-ground turrets. I cast it on a couple of turrets and watched them continue to fire.

Also some minor things I haven't reported before and are still around:

- There's a minor graphical glitch with some of the trees on the Ravenseat country on the strategy map.
- One of the recent patches broke the "Cards Received this turn" pop-up. It only says 1/1 cards, no matter how many you have, the buttons and arrow keys no longer cycle through them, you have to clock the cards themselves to cycle through them.
- The game always starts in Tutorial mode, so I have to manually disable it. Okay yes, it's a beta and most people are already confused, so maybe you want people to be really, really sure if they want to turn it off.
- in Skirmish mode, the Warlock's cloak is listed as having a cooldown and duration of 180 seconds, but the duration is actually more like 150.(or is it 150/120? Either way, the actual duration is 30 seconds less than what's displayed.)
- The description of Ray of Power says that the skill loses effectiveness if you move beyond meters, but doesn't say how many.
- The description of the Warlock's cloak in both Campaign and Skirmish still says it affects a friendly target, even though it no longer does.

Request: When you reach the end of your deck of cards, I'd like it to cycle back to the start automatically instead of having to retrace your steps back to the beginning the long way.

Request: On the army-selection screen, perhaps the effects of non-hidden unit buff/debuff cards could be displayed onthe unit info mouse-over tooltip, so you see "Grenadier: 2 from factories, 3 mercenaries, +45% attack speed, -50% range"? Of course, hide the effects of blind cards.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Good patch,but few problems still unfixed
Bugs
1)I didn`t see option to set AI preference
A)Personally I want to set AI to NONE but there is no such possibility -Bring it back at least for Beta
B)When you setting AI then there are no notice about AI level nor quality and fraction of opponents appear
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161460279

2)On the forum I`ve been officially informed that there is friendly fire, if it`s still the same
Then could you fix this, it is so ugly
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161460167

There some examples of this kind I`ll post about it later

3)Disadvantage there are still present intricate lines of subtitles at tutorial videos(though it`s a lot better now)
I can give link to my screenshot but I`m not sure you know Russian
And I don`t know who is making translation-But yes could you tell me who is translator/s?

Thank you

Last edited by James 540; 19/07/13 01:14 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
old hand
old hand
Bug or Typo.

In the options screen if you go to the "gameplay" options, it incorrectly refers to it as the "graphics" options.

See this screenshot, upper left hand corner:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=161466090

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hello
Yeah but I have this option is ALWAYS Switch ON there is no difference
I think this option need to switch on\off tutorial videos

Last edited by James 540; 19/07/13 01:30 AM.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by James 540
1)I didn`t see option to set AI preference

After you click on Add AI in the lobby, the AI should default to whatever difficulty you have set in the Gameplay options. There should still be a drop-down box to select a different value, though, and you can also change the default dragon type, faction and colour. There should be drop down boxes for each of these, and you can click on the text/colour or a square button with a down arrow on the right side of each drop-down list.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah you quite right!But I meant these thing for AI`s (to set fraction/set preference to NONE)
Thank you!

old hand
old hand
I know you guys added the Saving back last patch I think. But It never seems to work for me.
If I save my game in MP campaign I can never actually load it. My game gets locked and I have to Cntl-alt-Del and kill the process. Known problem?

Also is there a possibility of getting another MP campaign map to play with?

Last edited by SniperHF; 19/07/13 05:15 PM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I seem to have the same savegame related problem...

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I found out how to load reliably!
I have to load directly when creating a new game from the main menu, even before creating the lobby.
I click on the "load game" button there, and it seems to work.
When I try to load from within a running game, I get stuck in the lobby, however.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by El Zoido
I found out how to load reliably!
I have to load directly when creating a new game from the main menu, even before creating the lobby.
I click on the "load game" button there, and it seems to work.
When I try to load from within a running game, I get stuck in the lobby, however.

Will try this, thanks.

EDIT: yep that works. Good deal.

Last edited by SniperHF; 19/07/13 11:21 PM.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard