E
Espoir Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hi, everyone I'm new to the forums wave , please treat me kindly

As we all know ,each dragon(sabre,mountain,zephyr)has different
attack damage and overheat rate,but I don't know if it's at the same ratio . In short ,I mean ,do all of them deal the same damage per heat generated ?

The reason I ask this is because I enjoy playing as a dragon very much and I feel that the Mountain dragon has a lower damage per heat than the sabre and zephyr dragon(It's just my feeling, I don't know the fact )

So , can anyone clarify this for me? thanks in advance thankyou

P.S. Sorry for my bad English

apprentice
apprentice
good question i'd also like to know

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Not 100% sure as I don't have the hard stats but this is how I've noticed it.

Mountain Dragon - Overheats really fast but does massive damage
Zephyr Dragon - Overheats slowly but doesn't do much damage
Sabre Dragon - Middle ground

As for ratio the Mountain Dragon does seem to have a worse ratio but it makes up for it by inflicting a ton of burst damage. As a result while it might overheat much quicker and might have a worse ratio it more than makes up for it by being able to inflict massive damage quickly while say the Zephyr Dragon might have a better ratio but it takes forever to really hurt someone making it harder to react with force using your dragon.

Each dragon is meant for a different role. The Mountain dragon favors burst damage to obliterate enemies quickly. The Zephyr Dragon tend to focus more on a support role buffing/healing units while debuffing enemies. The Sabre Does a bit of both.

journeyman
journeyman
well, at least now I have a reference to try and -REMEMBER- Which dragon does which... Can never remember which dragon was better for which. lol smirk
*Begins writing down somewhere else for future reference too*

While talking about this, it probably is balanced, but I think the zephyr dragon actually does less than ideal damage, it is meant to be the least damage sure but I feel like it doesn't do enough damage still, I dunno....

Support
Support

I tested the different dragons in 164 in skirmishes on normal speed, against an AI set to 'None'. I timed how long each took to (almost) destroy the recruitment centre (so I could try it multiple times). It didn't seem to make a difference if I kept the overheat bar low, high or fired rapidly until it almost overheated and let it cool almost all the way down again (ie the cooling rate doesn't depend on the level of overheating), though obviously to get the lowest time you need to end up being almost overheated.

The mountain dragon takes about 37-38 seconds to take out a recruitment centre, the sabre dragon about 46-48 seconds and the zephyr dragon 51-52 seconds. Since the building hit points are consistent, this indicates the relative DPS of the default dragon attacks.

Welcome to the forum. wave

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by Nuju
While talking about this, it probably is balanced, but I think the zephyr dragon actually does less than ideal damage, it is meant to be the least damage sure but I feel like it doesn't do enough damage still, I dunno....

Yeah but it makes up for it with the highest health. It can afford to stay in the thick of it buffing troops and supporting with spells while the mountain dragon (which has the lowest health) can really only appear for short times as it's very fragile to compensate for it's higher damage.

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard