Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Z
....if you load an old save game you had.
No problem if you start a new game, but I already have a few hours of gameplay done, and wouldn't necessarily want to lose it.

No subtitle, no choices, nothing you can do.

E
stranger
stranger
E
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=471857#Post471857

You can switch rooms using the number keys, but you won't be able to influence the decision. Only way around the problem is to do a clean reinstall without the patch or restart from scratch (or wait for a fix).

stranger
stranger
A disappointing workaround. I am having the same issue. Oh well, I guess I'll stop playing. There are plenty of other ways to fritter away the hours.

Last edited by squishleheimer; 09/08/13 11:27 AM.
old hand
old hand
We know what caused this and fixed this. Going through QA. Only an issue with GOG version if you loaded an "old" savegame with the patched version.

Tweeting @forktong
stranger
stranger
Also ran into this, would appreciate if this was fixed soon.
The political decisions and their results are a lot of fun I wouldn't want to miss, so I'll just wait until this is figured out.

It is by Caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the fingers acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
stranger
stranger
Thanks for the quick update. FYI this game was a reward for my backing of D:OS and I chose the GOG version. I'm undecided as to whether I'll choose GOG next time. On paper it seems like best choice to me but this wouldn't be the first game that has had unique patching/version problems relating to it's GOG integration/affiliation. It must be a bit of a headache dealing with the different releasing mechanisms.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
btw if you have access to the vault update v1.0.20.0, you can use it to patch your gog version. be sure to put in the right folder though.
this has fixed the issue for a friend.
cant verify this myself so no promise and i dont know if any other problems arise.

Last edited by Killer-Bee; 11/08/13 03:00 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I had the same problem, sent an e-mail with my latest savagame but I guess I won't receive it until monday at least.
I've been unable to play the game for the whole weekend because of this...

EDIT: And no, running the update again won't solve the problem..

Last edited by ToTTenTranz; 11/08/13 06:23 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Did anyone receive a patched savegame already?
I sent mine two days ago but I haven't got any reply other than the automated one saying "we'll get back to you".

Support
Support

An update is being tested, and (as long as there are no serious issues found) will be released tomorrow (not sure how long it will take GOG to put up the patch).

T
stranger
stranger
T
Another day has passed, I didn't get my patched savegame.

I'm really disappointed with Larian and GOG. Out of desire for contribution to the developers, I paid full price and pre-ordered the game and I'm "rewarded" with being unable to play it because of a patch that broke my game. And now Larian doesn't even answer my e-mail.

GOG is even worse, as it launches the patches later than Steam without properly testing them. Trying to support the underdog resulted in kick in the balls.

I guess I should know better...

EDIT: Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by ToTTenTranz; 12/08/13 06:49 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hey all,

I have the GOG version and had this issue as well, but I figured out a feasible (at least to me) workaround until the game is patched. Assuming you have Windows 7 (which is what I have), here's what I did, step by step.

1.) Go to: Documents > Larian Studios > Dragon Commander > Savegames; back-up your save games (I simply dragged them to a folder on my desktop)
2.) Uninstall the game
3.) Re-install the game; DO NOT install the patch
4.) Drag your save games back to the savegame folder
5.) Voila; you should be back to the state the game was in before the patch.

Hope this helps. If you have Windows 8 (which I've never used or seen in person), sorry but I have no clue, though the principle should be the same (in theory).

H
stranger
stranger
H
Has the fix been sent to GOG yet? It's a pretty big let down to have this happening.

Support
Support

Yes, GOG had the update more than 16 hours ago (before 4pm their time), so they should hopefully have a patch ready in a few hours (8am there now), assuming they can start on it right away and there are no problems.

stranger
stranger
Thanks for keeping us informed, I really appreciate that.
Since another poster suggested that to work could you please check if it's feasible to give most of us Larian Vault access to the patches?
If not, I assume we have your blessing in sharing the patch files anyway?

It is by the juice of java that thoughts acquire speed, the fingers acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard