I'm not sure whether or not its simply a reaction to what I've figured out and do in multiplayer, but the road to victory for me is the skies. Others agree with me as they instantly focus on sky armies when I apply this strategy.

The dragons are fun and all, but they do too much to dominate the battlefield. That, together with all the special abilities like mustard gas. I hate having a nice and tidy army, only for it to be devestated by hit-and-run eye of the patriarch. Its a cheap trick to take out an army with almost zero risk or effort.

Solution: Eye of the Patriarch can't target sky units.

The moment I have the recruits to do so, I build sky factories, research imp fighter bombs and churn out fighters, zeppelins and bomber balloons. Fixed! The only way enemy dragons can fight these, is by spitting fire and doing that means contending with my fighter screen. My ordinary units can finally fight back!

If I'm feeling luxurious, I create a fist full of armor and devestators against base AA, but only because these units can survive dragon attacks. If the enemy player is stupid enough to create ground AA against that combination, I'll patriarch them with impunity.

I now fully feel like that dragon on top of the forums, surrounded by a sky fleet.

Other than being a winning strategy so far however, this does make me kind of sad... isn't the game unbalanced like this? I think that AA should always be able to always hit a dragon, or that Patriarch and Pillar should be put on a far longer cooldown, and to make up for that, the dragon much stronger.

Last edited by Skirlasvoud; 12/08/13 06:26 PM.