Next Thread
Print Thread
V
VM2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
During the battle the whole earth has a black texture.
I bought the game via Steam

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 24576 MB RAM
Card name1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (SLI)
Card name2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (SLI)
Display Memory: 4043 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1227 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Support
Support

Is this on all skirmish maps?

In the graphics options, did you try changing the texture quality?

Did you verify local files for the game?

[FAQ] Troubleshooting Dragon Commander & support

V
VM2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
- Is this on all skirmish maps?
YES

- In the graphics options, did you try changing the texture quality?
Yes changed. no effect

- Did you verify local files for the game?
Yes I checked. all files OK

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
I realise this is a strange request, but:

- Could you reinstall the game on a different location
- if this does not work, could you run the game from a different windows account ?

V
VM2 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
"F:\TEST\SteamApps\common\Divinity Dragon Commander"
texture WORK

"D:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity Dragon Commander"
DONT WORK (black texture)

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Has a fix for this ever been addressed in a patch? I am having this issue in the Imperial Edition of Dragon Commander on Steam (just like in the screenshots here, black textures where the ground should be) and this has rendered the game unfeasible. Thanks.

Support
Support

I don't think so. Larian did say there were more updates planned for Dragon Commander eventually, but didn't mention a timeframe (presumably after Original Sin is released, though).

Please email supportdc@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the Dragon Commander support tool. From above it sounds like they have an idea what the problem is, at least.

It's probably too late to help the OP, but one thing that tends to cause this sort of trouble in games (whether or not it was the culprit in this case) is setting driver-forced antialiasing in a graphics card's control panel. That should always be left on "application controlled" (or whatever equivalent exists).

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
It took some time for me to get around to emailing Larian, but I did so on Wednesday of last week (July 2); do they usually reply within the month? I used the Dragon Commander Support Tool and emailed the resulting files to them.

All anti-aliasing on my PC is application controlled, but the black ground textures on combat bug still exists for Dragon Commander. I was wondering whether anyone else who had this problem was able to get a fix from Larian?

Support
Support

Usually response time is within a couple times, but they may a little backed up with the release of D:OS and the extra support for that. Did you can an auto-reply, at least? Did you check your spam folder (if applicable), in case a reply was incorrectly filtered?

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I did get an autoreply the same day, so I'll hang on until the devs can find the time to address the problem. My junk mail folder hasn't filtered anything from Larian.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I still haven't gotten any indication of a response on this issue in over a month. Should I resend the tech support email to Larian again?

Support
Support

It couldn't hurt to email again. Larian just got back from vacation this week, so may not be caught up on email yet (though there was someone still answering support email).

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Ok, I have resent the email yesterday.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
This is the response I got on this issue:

I'm afraid this issue is most likely linked to the installed files and steam thinking all files are downloaded and ok.

Reinstalling on a different drive usually fixed this for most users.

I assume you have tried deleting the local files and installing it again?
Or installing it to a different folder on the same drive?

There is not much else we can do as the issue is most likely linked to corrupt or missing texture files.

This is the reply I sent back (on Sept. 2, 2014):

Thanks for the response. I don't have another drive to install Divinity: Dragon Commander to, just one hard drive ( C: ). I deleted the files and then reinstalled the game from Steam 3 times, verifying the integrity of the game cache each time (all files verified correctly). Also tried running as administrator. The ground textures for the game were black each time.

Out of desperation I even bought a 2nd copy of the game on www.gog.com, which was then installed on the C:\GOG Games\ folder instead of the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ folder. However, the ground textures for Dragon Commander were black as well in the GOG version. All of my drivers are up to date and none of my other games have corruption problems, so I have no idea why it's happening.

I haven't had any further info on this issue. It seems that there is no current fix for those running into it...

Last edited by Yistaan; 04/10/14 10:12 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard