Next Thread
Print Thread
#474461 10/10/13 04:10 PM
Z
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Z
When can we expect the chat system to come out? The last patch was more than a month ago.

Zhuinden #474463 10/10/13 04:49 PM
Support
Support

The next patch should be available soon, though no ETA was given. It was confirmed a while ago, with new features and bug fixes, and Larian said they would announce when the public beta version was released on Steam. The chat system should be in the next patch, since they said that feature would be implemented, and this will presumably be the last major update while Larian shifts its focus to D:OS.

Raze #474465 10/10/13 06:06 PM
old hand
old hand
It's out now. There was an annoying bug blocking it for quite some time. And while it's true that most of us are currently on DOS, DC is continuing to receive love and you will be seeing new patches come online in the coming weeks/months with new features. We personally like DC a lot wink

Lar_q #474466 10/10/13 06:20 PM
Support
Support

I just noticed that, checking the GOG forum (didn't get an update notification for the Steam announcement page). I guess it is too late to edit my post above.

From Patch 1.0.124 - New campaign features, improved AI and more!:

Originally Posted by DeathKnight
Hello everybody!

Quite a lot of new features in our latest Divinity: Dragon Commander patch.

The new battle report system gives you detailed stats on your performance in combat, and the gifting system now allows you to gift units, resources and buildings to your allies, making multiplayer campaigns that more interesting.

We’ve also added a global chat system, improved the turn-based AI and added a bunch of community requests.

Here’s a list with the most important changes:

Added Global chat

Added battle result window with extensive combat stats and graphs

Gifting of units/resources/buildings

AI fixes for better expansion

Turn left/right with keyboard

Faster connection for UPNP devices

Fixes to population defecting

Fixed exploit for cards on strategy map

Allow enable/disable of golden dragon

Rebalanced difficulty

Added new cursors

Performance improvement in multiplayer with AI opponents

Allowed remapping of keyboard shortcuts for building units/buildings and
using skills

Fixed custom game setting "FFA AI's always join battle"

Russian localization fixes to text

Minor balancing tweaks (warlock base damage and meteor shower)

Lar_q #474471 10/10/13 09:46 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Lar_q
It's out now. There was an annoying bug blocking it for quite some time. And while it's true that most of us are currently on DOS, DC is continuing to receive love and you will be seeing new patches come online in the coming weeks/months with new features. We personally like DC a lot wink

Yay! I really like the highly detailed stats. The global chat was probably hard to implement as well. The naval AI suddenly seems a lot better as well - the ships are moving in a fleet now, instead of lone Ironclads, and I saw an AI build an Imp Fighter on the strategy map.

I totally understand the focus on Original Sin and am looking forward to that, but I do hope that some extra features will come out for Dragon Commander at some point. (A "Custom" difficulty for the Story Campaign, random start location on the Campaign Map, Custom rules to limit the tech level of units/the Dragon, custom rule option to allow round-robin style movement on the strategy map instead of the player always moving first, full zoom for the campaign map, making Wizard Towers/Dragon Skill cards actually useful [if you have researched that Dragon Skills]...)

I forgot to mention that the Troopers "Spoils of War" is still a bit powerful, and I still think it should not be able to capture turrets, because it makes them more of a vulnerability than an asset to build.

Stabbey #474685 18/10/13 06:30 PM
Z
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by Stabbey

I forgot to mention that the Troopers "Spoils of War" is still a bit powerful, and I still think it should not be able to capture turrets, because it makes them more of a vulnerability than an asset to build.

Good job guys, you are awesome! laugh

I agree with Stabbey says, however. I realized once that the enemy just rushed into my base, took over my turrets and I had no means of retaliation left (was playing against AI at the time). It's essentially just a unit this way that they can take away from you completely in merely a few seconds.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard