Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hermes Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
I was very suspicious about the game - it did have jetpack on dragons, and I like my fantasy sci-fi free. The whole concept of the game was strange, the developer was unknown to me, and although I have played Divine Divinity years ago, I have not played any other game in the universe and remembered nothing about it.

So, I decided to try it. I could not find the demo so I admit to downloading a torrent to try out the game. And then I realised just how wrong I was about it all!

The game is awesome.
Starting from the very first opening cinematic, which was very simple, but artistic and apparently made by imps so it is a success smile The whole universe is very well defined, I loved the differences between races and generals, I loved strategic map and decisions it required. And I do actually enjoy RTS battles very much to the point of diving head first into enemy territory so the win lose percentage is so low it requires my own participation! Dragon combat is very very fun, and it just works very well with that simple yet robust RTS. The only thing I was missing is dragon battles. Now have to try some multiplayer to fulfill this. Meanwhile I am replaying at the hardest difficulty as a Zephyr Dragon now, with healing and battleground management.
Because I admit, my first playthrough was full of head on dragon-vs-army battles:)

Politics and RP are very well made. They are engaging, and although I had no idea about the universe I got sucked in pretty quick:)

Everything just fits so perfectly well together, music, action, strategy, story. Just great and lovely experience. So the very next day I bought the Imperial Edition smile

Overall I am very happy with my purchase, and this game has actually brought my attention to Larian, and I'm already looking at Original Sin and thinking about purchasing Divinity 2.

So thank you for the game and hopefullt there will be DLC's and a Sequel.

Support
Support

No upcoming DLC or sequels have been announced, but Larian is continuing to work on DC and there will be additional patches with new features.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

No upcoming DLC or sequels have been announced, but Larian is continuing to work on DC and there will be additional patches with new features.

Are you just guessing, or have you heard something I haven't?

Support
Support

That was based on Lar's comment here:

Originally Posted by Lar_q
while it's true that most of us are currently on DOS, DC is continuing to receive love and you will be seeing new patches come online in the coming weeks/months with new features. We personally like DC a lot wink

old hand
old hand
Raze is right - development on DC is continuing and you can expect new content in the "near future"

addict
addict
That's one of the things I love about Larian.

They love their games and will not start splitting their game into several DLCs. They'll expand through patches and expansions when the planned content gets too much for patches.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
veteran
veteran
Thanks, Swen! That's great to hear.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I just wanted to post my thanks and say how much I enjoyed this game (finally got around to giving it a go). This thread seemed as good a place as any.

I wasn't especially interested in DC when it was in development, Original Sin is much more my kind of thing and, but wow was I surprised by how much I enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun and was often playing with a big silly grin on my face listening to everyone onboard the raven, just top stuff. And the tabloid Rivellon Times is hilarious, and clever. I know a common criticism of the game is that the separate parts (like the RTS) were not as deep as could be hoped due to the genre-blending nature of the game, but frankly I didn't really much notice or care. This game is much more than the sum of its parts to me. I could go on for a long time about what I liked about DC, let's just say I found it utterly charming, highly amusing and very fun.

Thanks Larian.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard