Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
stranger
stranger
-One of the two legionnaires that you first encounter says, of Scarlet, that "...he doesn't look like an Orc." While the man is drunk, I don't think he was *that* sozzled. :P

-Trying to open a container you can't reach still opens it for a split second.

-Using alt to highlight objects doesn't highlight containers. I'm not sure if this is deliberate or not.

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
S
S
Bug - Trigger

In the quest "Another crazed mage", there is a random rat outside the door - if it enters before you, as you open the door, it triggers the NPC, not you, resulting in the NPC never talking to you.

I suspect that this can happen with any background NPC + floor triggers.

Content - Smelling & Grammer

In Black Cove, the item "Piratcy Notes" is spelt incorrectly, should read: "Piracy Notes".

A
stranger
stranger
A
I put a robe bought from the magic merchant in Cyseal on Scarlett. it gives me the bonuses but scarlett might be feeling a little cold.

stranger
stranger
Found a graphical bug on the King Crab. Moving the camera near it causes the texture on the top of the wall where the two wings of the building meet to flicker.

I'm using an amd Radeon HD 6950, Driver version 13.12.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
S
S
Content Bug - Unassigned skill / misnamed skill book

Priority - low

You can purchase a skill book "Unlock" from the arrow vendor, and learn it - no skill is learned (separate from the pick lock skill or the spell)

Content Bug - Anvil oddities

Priority - Low

With 10 strength, you can drag / drop the anvil around. Let's just say, it looks a little odd sitting on its earth mushroom. (You cannot put it into inventory, sadly).

Last edited by SteamUser; 19/01/14 06:08 AM.
stranger
stranger
Some bug, which I detected today: the animation of a teleport people shows one man fall down into another.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Some minors bugs :
- when I sell items, the sailor doesn't give me my money. I can only make exchanges if i don't want to lose my items.
- I have to give more money than the recommended price of the item.
- Sometimes, damages sustained are not taking into account : character's life doesn't decrease.

Support
Support

In the trade window are you hitting the balance icon to equal out the value in gold? Does the NPC have enough to cover the difference?

If the seller is 'insulted' by your offer of the asking price, do they have a low opinion of you? (shown below their name and level on mouse over)

S
S
Bug - Crafting

Priority - Low

There seems to be a random chance that crafting on the anvil doesn't create items. I've had this happen with iron bars and cloth scraps. There was also mention in the combination thread that you could smelt down items (vanilla only?), which no longer works.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I can't even start a New Game. Just fades out and crashes.

Why would this happen? This has never happened in any other alpha game I have tested, nor any game I have ever owned.

S
S
Originally Posted by Creed

Why would this happen? This has never happened in any other alpha game I have tested, nor any game I have ever owned.

Try this thread: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=476120&nt=8&page=1

This is for in-game bugs. As an aside, on first loading, my client paused as it was asking my firewall to access the internet - I had to swap out, allow DOS permissions, then manually dump the client due to swapping in seemingly crashing it. The client also takes 5-10 mins to fully load on the first instance, at least for me.

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

On upgrading the
Hall of Heroes
to an air theme, two bugs occur:

1) The way gate doesn't work
2) If you run into the cloud of lightning behind the way gate it will electrify your character, then permanently cancel itself, including the lightning effects on the large crystals. Confirmed on zoning in/out of the entire area, not just that particular room

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

On an electrical theme, if you return to Black Cove to the part where the quest "another crazy mage" happens, a random storm cloud is spawned in the lower (right hand side) room just by the closet / hole in the floor. No reason for it at all. Strange.

Last edited by SteamUser; 19/01/14 09:29 AM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Creed

There is a known issue matching that problem, related to 32 bit versions of Windows. Larian is working on it. It may help if you email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

S
S
Bug - Content

Priority - Unknown

In the homestead, your friendly imp has no dialogue for recovering either the
inert or blood stone
I'm perhaps confused to the nature of the
star stones
but it's heavily implied that these two are of the same nature.

I'm presuming, although not certain, that these two are the triggers for the two upgrades to the homestead that are unlocked in the alpha (?).

Last edited by SteamUser; 19/01/14 09:33 AM.
S
S
Bug - Dialogue mechanics

Priority - low / Medium

Not sure why, but I've been receiving a lot of randomised bonus traits (aka, on repeating the dialogue, doesn't occur again), but only to certain traits.

From notes: (since this, I received another +3 points, lost on ditching the save).

Level 8, ~95% alpha complete:

Pragmatic 6
Romantic 1
Independent 0
Obedient 5
Bold 4
Timid 1
Righteous 4
Renegade 0
Spiritual 1
Materialistic 1
Compassionate 3
Heartless 1
Altruistic 6
Egotistical 0
Forgiving 4
Vindictive 0
Blunt 1
Considerate 0

In red are the three that are most notable - on reloading I won't gain those bonuses even using the same choices in the same order. Without reloads, this character would have +2-4 on each of the listed in red. Note: they're being given simply through dialogue choices, not inter-party banter.

Last edited by SteamUser; 19/01/14 09:48 AM.
addict
addict
Muted icon stays in place after fight ends.
picked up barrels and crate disappear on reload, with stuff in it.
Actually, crates and barrles should not be possibly put in inventories imho. We should be able to craft bags, with various inventory size would be great.
I really really love the game guys, but it is incredibly buggy for now (well, in alpha state, CQFD), so I will keep spamming with bug reports. No offense please hehe

Last edited by Cromcrom; 19/01/14 10:41 AM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
Some objects (gold), don't alt-show their name after as they have been dropped from a battle.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 19/01/14 11:17 AM.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
I think "hidden key" lying on the ground should not be alt- visible...

Last edited by Cromcrom; 19/01/14 11:18 AM.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
outdoor rain should make things wet too.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
stranger
stranger
Moving my mouse to the bottom of the screen does not do anything. Up, left and right does scroll.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Texoru
I would like to change the controls on the mouse, I have an left handed mice (buttons 1 and 2 are mixed around). I found to change the settings on the config file but that's only in the main menu and not in game.

There're 2 config files, 1 under player and 1 under Eoc. Change the mouse button assignment in default to swap the in game functions.

Last edited by EyeGuy; 19/01/14 03:24 PM.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard