Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
V
stranger
stranger
V
Another one :
When i learned resurrect spell with Scarlett, it didn't appeared in my list of spells.

stranger
stranger
Can pull the chain apart from their pictures and they won't follow each other

stranger
stranger
Question - Still can't load any save -fast save or regular save - deleted and re-installed entire game still nothing - tried using the EOP exe app as well - still causes error crash - have seen it in other threads but some seem to have been able to play after the EOP fix - is this still a known problem? are there fixes in the works? - enjoying the play but keep trying to save so I can do stupid things and then have to start over

S
S
Originally Posted by venome35
Another one :
When i learned resurrect spell with Scarlett, it didn't appeared in my list of spells.

It appears under the survivalist tab in her skill menu, which is a bug but a minor one.

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

You can use the quest item "bloody dagger" to craft unlimited free spears from branches; since it is a quest item, it isn't used up in the process. Tested x3.

Last edited by SteamUser; 20/01/14 04:34 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by SteamUser

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

You can use the quest item "bloody dagger" to craft unlimited free spears from branches; since it is a quest item, it isn't used up in the process.

Daggers, axes, knives, hammers aren't used up while crafting. Just the item (branch, log, animal hide, etc)

S
S
Originally Posted by lokitrixter

Daggers, axes, knives, hammers aren't used up while crafting. Just the item (branch, log, animal hide, etc)

Think about what you just wrote for a second, and then wonder why I specified / was testing only daggers here.

Hint:

log + sharp metal axe = firewood + axe

branch + sharp metal thing = stick with sharp pointy tip attached to it, otherwise known as a spear

They're not the same class of crafting. If this is the case for all daggers, then they're in the wrong type of crafting subcategory. i.e. should be in the class where both items are used up.

However, it's still the case that a quest object shouldn't have the vanilla item tags, in case of selling etc.

Last edited by SteamUser; 20/01/14 07:16 PM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
A spear is also just a stick with a sharpened end. Doesn't have to be a metal tip on the end. You can't sell quest items so that isn't an issue.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Ok, my time of humble contribution:

Inventory:

when reaching a number of items superior to limit, new items are not refused but placed within inventory in non reachable area. They can still be seen from trading interface, but no longer in regular inventory.
Of course, it happened to me whit quest items so I can no longer finish main quest...

Craft:

same bug as reported: when dismantling some item in furnace (hand axe), game crashed. Seems caused by non stackable crafted items.

Not a bug:
swapping items from one inventory to one of a companion is far from user friendly. Contextual shortcut would be welcomed (ctr + click or something similar)

I would welcome as well the opportunity to swap companiongs while inside trading interface (did not find the option if there is one)

V
stranger
stranger
V
Thx for the answer "steamuser".
I think there is another one with the main quest. I can't buy smelly items to bring them to the dog at the cemetery. I can't identify the suspect one.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by SteamUser
Originally Posted by lokitrixter

Think about what you just wrote for a second, and then wonder why I specified / was testing only daggers here.

[etc]

Apart from sounding a bit obnoxious, you actually didn't specified anything about testing daggers only...
However, a common dagger won't get used too, which is, indeed, probably not intended. So yeah, that's still a bug.

Originally Posted by venome35
Thx for the answer "steamuser".
I think there is another one with the main quest. I can't buy smelly items to bring them to the dog at the cemetery. I can't identify the suspect one.

I think this is perfectly normal actually : you can't expect people to just sell you their private, smelly clothes... Panties, socks, rings, scarf, etc.
Victoria also "sells" her medallion the same way.

My guess is that they are shown only to give a hint. This was a common thing to do in old RPGs. There are probably other ways to get them. I didn't find how in my playthrough, but I reckon a good ol' pickpocket could do just fine. I'm just not sure pickpocket is actually available...

As for myself :

- [Sound, minor bug] In some areas of the game, music, as well as combat or walk sounds, will just stop. Ambient sounds will keep playing.

- [Ability] I mentionned Charm earlier. Looks like it sometimes works correctly and the target don't just stay there doing nothing but actually moves around and fights. I believe the reason my Charms never worked is because I was the client, and the 'passive control' of the target can only be given to the host. In short, the charmed monster is just ignored by the game until the charm breaks, or something.

- [Script, minor bug] Some strange script behaviours near the end in Evelyn's lab.
Roderick Host started the first room fight, I got in late. Once I hit the top of the stairs leading to the actual room, the "welcome" dialogue started playing for me, regardless of the fact that Roderick already had gone through it.
By that time I was in the "desync" zone, where I was seeing roderick idle at the entrance no matter what his player was doing. So maybe my client hadn't registered that a main character already had triggered the event.

Also, still on scripts behaviour, I, as Scarlett-client, took point and opened the second door ( leading to the actual evelyn fight ). Fight started against the minions. I walked in to get a better position, Evelyn's dialogue started. Then my turn was automatically resolved and I got pushed back to the end of the list. I had only spent a few points to move, sad panda.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
Originally Posted by EyeGuy
Originally Posted by Texoru
I would like to change the controls on the mouse, I have an left handed mice (buttons 1 and 2 are mixed around). I found to change the settings on the config file but that's only in the main menu and not in game.

There're 2 config files, 1 under player and 1 under Eoc. Change the mouse button assignment in default to swap the in game functions.

Thanks for the reply, it worked I changed the input config from the Eoc folder. Thanks so much!

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
You can drag and drop inventory items from your inventory to the portraits of your henchmen/co op player. Works even if your very far away from each other.

I have also noticed that those things on NPC's that they wont sell are usually quest items or probably items you would get for killing them. But like the wizard in the upstairs of the guards place has the remote on him. He will give it to you later on for the quest involving it.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DrugstoreMT
You can drag and drop inventory items from your inventory to the portraits of your henchmen/co op player. Works even if your very far away from each other.

That's working as intended.

I have also noticed that those things on NPC's that they wont sell are usually quest items or probably items you would get for killing them. But like the wizard in the upstairs of the guards place has the remote on him. He will give it to you later on for the quest involving it.

Oh, he'll give it to you once the quest starts? That's a good idea, better than letting you buy it at the harbour entrance.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Ok thx Dr Koin

apprentice
apprentice
So has the "walking through faded out doors" already been mentioned?

I noticed this particular bug in the first version and thought that it is really obvious and will get fixed pretty quick but it is still around.

It basically works like this: doors, gates etc. are faded out and not computed when both characters have a specific distance between them. But you can set a waypoint into rooms/buildings with locked/closed doors and these doors will not be rechecked/recalculated for the waypoint even if the character is getting closer and doors are faded in. This leads to the character walking through the door and basically getting trapped if you do't have a key or lockpicking.

I made a small youtube-video, switch annotations on for better info on what I'm doing/wanting to say:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHvPuHSsxvs

I haven't read through every post. It might have been mentioned already!

Last edited by Larzare; 21/01/14 07:47 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm sorry I don't have the time to read if this one has been mentioned.

Bug: While solving the murder case.
- I had the buried sheep in inventory and was talking with the Mortician.
- I choose to "Reason" with him and the option was that I will "give the money he gained to the woman he stole the sheep from" and he agreed.
- After that, it all goes wrong. One party member criticizes me for taking the gold for myself, which was not the intent, there's no option to mention that we are giving the gold to the lady who lost a sheep.
- When you speak with the woman with the lost sheep, there's no option in the dialog to "give her the monies" and she goes to report the Mortician and the Mortician gets jailed.

I hope you will fix this. smile

S
S
I referred to the "smelly" items previously, but since I've not kept saves, I'd have to do another play through to test it properly. However, it appears that the class of items hasn't got enough dialogue options with Murphy:

Smelly Panties - works
Smelly Boots - doesn't have dialogue flags / triggers
Smelly Scarf - doesn't have dialogue flags / triggers and I suspect if it did, and you pick-pocketed the item early, you could break the quest (because the person who drops the item is the culprit). The real bug here is that the item still drops when the NPC in question has already been revealed - the item should get pruned on the trigger / flag of her final battle dialogue.

There's a few more "smelly" items, but they also look unimplemented. Ideally, each would trigger a response from Murphy, and eliminate suspects. e.g. a smelly handkerchief in Cecil's locked chambers etc etc. Again, ideally, you'd then face explaining your suspicions to the already cynically dismissive commander as coming from Jake's pet dog (lot of potential for humour there... "Sooo, great and powerful source investigator, I'm arresting prominent members of the community based on your claims to be speaking to Jake's pet mutt? Guards, through these imposters in jail!").

File under "not complete". TBH, without access to the dialogue trees, this is all stuff that can only be done "in house", and isn't really useful for alpha testers outside of the code loop.

~~~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

Basement of the lighthouse & upstairs of the inn share the same level/map (weee! I remember doing this, but with LoS tricks meaning you could look out of the windows, 7 tiles of copy/pasted lower level as an illusion, but I digress), however the inn is visible from the lighthouse. Needs shunting a few tiles NW.

Tested: you can leave a character in the upstairs of the inn, and teleport to them from the lighthouse basement using the pyramids. Kinda funky - but begs the question:

If teleports are map based, what kind of damage can you do? i.e. pretty sure you could hang the client (see above - chars zoning into basements cause inescapable hangs, c.f. cook) and/or get into some heinous rubber-banding (player warping).

Last edited by SteamUser; 21/01/14 02:08 PM.
veteran
veteran
- Ice Shard seems to hit each target 5 times, forcing them to save against freezing five times. I know it can pierce, but I'm not sure that this spell is intended to hit each target five times.

- When you throw Ismashell into the sea, his “The sea, where every wave feels like a mermaid’s kiss” dialogue follows the toss right off screen. I guess that’s a consequence of making the dialogue stick with the speaker, but in this case, it’s hard to read it because it goes completely off the screen.

V
stranger
stranger
V
New bug :
Since the update, i can't recruit Madora.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Since the update the crafting bug for stackable items is gone. However, it has had drastic affect on the crafting. Here's some of the things I have found that no longer work or work in mysterious ways.

Some of the items will only craft when placed a certain way. Unsure if that is intentional. A few things seem to not work as intended.
Works unidirectional:
Potato + knife = Cold fries Potato to Knife only
Mortar and pestle + bones of any kind = Pouch (of crushed bones?) mortar and pestle to bone only
Dough + Apple = Apple Pie Dough dough to apple only
Thread + Needle = Needle and thread needle to thread only
Animal hide + knife = Leather scraps hide to knife only
Pillow + knife = Feather pillow to knife only
Axe + log = wooden chips log to axe only
Pumpkin + knife = Pumpkin helmet pumpkin to knife only
Log + knife = Wooden stake log to knife only
Feather + knife = Quill works only on companions???
Crafts with itself:
Wool + wool = yarn works with having only one wool
Yarn + yarn = rope works with having only one yarn
Sinew + Sinew = bow string Works with having only one sinew
Minor healing potion + minor healing potion = medium healing potion Can be made using only one potion
Branch + Branch = Quarterstaff Can be done with only one branch.
Not Working:
Tooth + knife = Arrowhead BROKEN
Augmentor + Any Potion = Raises Potion Level (minor > medium > large) BROKEN

EDIT: When carrying containers, barrels, baskets, and crates you can only open them in your inventory when close to the spot you picked them up. Otherwise you must drop it before it can be opened from inventory.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 22/01/14 05:05 AM.
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard