Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Edit: *Note* : this thread used to be mainly about arrowheads, but it's becoming clear that more than arrowhead crafting has broken with the new patch.

----

Most of the arrowheads can no longer be combined with arrow-shafts after the patch. This includes:

• Explosive Arrowhead
  • Poison Cloud Arrowhead
  • Poisoned Arrowhead
  • Static Cloud Arrowhead
  • Knockdown Arrowhead
  • Charming Arrowhead

The only arrowheads I can combine with arrow-shafts are:

• Silver Arrowhead
  • Arrowhead (normal) - I'm not really sure what the point is with these since they vanish after you combine them with an arrow-shaft and produce no result. There also doesn't seem to be ammo-counts for normal bow attacks in this game.

There may be more arrowheads than these; they're all I had access to from the vendor to test.

My character's crafting skill is 1. Is that a factor? If so, something has changed, as prior to this patch I could combine an arrow-shaft and an Explosive Arrowhead with a crafting skill of 0.

The thing is, Ranger characters begin the game with an Explosive Arrowhead in their inventory, and they will always be able to recover a pre-placed branch and the recipe for arrow-shafts (branch + knife, which the Ranger also starts with) prior to the Orc assault on the beach. I'm assuming this is on purpose, as that allows the Ranger to take advantage of the oil barrel in the middle of the Orc battle.

Because of this change, that is no longer possible, making that fight extremely tough for Ranger characters who typically only do 1-3 points of damage per attack (and those three Orcs have 25+ health each) when equipped with their starting bow.

Is anyone running into the same or different results with arrowheads post-patch?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Update: At this point I can't tell what's wrong with crafting, other than "something broke badly".

I made a new game, and was able to (with a crafting skill of 0) combine an arrow-shaft and an explosive arrowhead to create an Explosive Arrow.

After saving and then loading the game a few minutes later, I was no longer able to combine arrow-shafts and explosive arrowheads. For some unknown reason it just no longer works.

At this point I combined another branch and a pocket-knife and created another arrow-shaft. Then I put 1 point into my crafting skill, raising it from "0" to "1". After doing that I can no longer combine a branch and a pocket-knife to create an arrow-shaft.

This is repeatable. I've loaded the game up several times and repeated these same steps and I lose the ability to create an arrow-shaft every time I apply a point to my crafting skill.

That said, the problem goes beyond that. I could not apply the arrow-shaft to a poisoncloud arrowhead until I raised my crafting skill from "0" to "1". However, after reloading and trying to repeat this process I couldn't repeat that success even after raising my crafting skill back to 1.

I am very confused at this point.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Arrow head + arrow shaft made stunning arrows I believe. Not at home to check my crafting video to verify.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
Arrow head + arrow shaft made stunning arrows I believe. Not at home to check my crafting video to verify.

That may be accurate, as I had a stack of Stunning Arrows in my inventory already and likely didn't notice an additional one being added to the stack.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
I was able to make poison arrow, but nothing else. Also Antler + knife no longer makes Knockdown Arrowhead. Tooth + Knife no longer makes arrowhead. Just to state I'm using a previous save not a fresh one.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I was able to make poison arrow, but nothing else. Also Antler + knife no longer makes Knockdown Arrowhead. Tooth + Knife no longer makes arrowhead. Just to state I'm using a previous save not a fresh one.

That's really weird. What's your crafting skill? I have a Poison Cloud Arrowhead and a Poisoned Arrowhead along with an arrow-shaft in my inventory right now and neither of them are combining at all.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Crafting is 2. But it also looks like certain things don't work after update. And other things work unidirectional (mortar and pestle + bone = nothing yet bone + mortar and pestle = pouch) and it appears that some knives don't work while others do. I'm checking out our crafting thread and comparing what works and what doesn't to get a full idea of what's going on

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Ok, well something is very wrong with crafting right now. I just made a Ranger with a crafting skill of 3 and a Warrior with a crafting skill of 0. No matter which order I tried to apply them in, the Ranger (with the crafting skill of 3) couldn't combine the knife and branch to make an arrow-shaft. Every time I tried the items simply swapped places in the inventory.

I then gave those materials to the Warrior (who has a crafting skill of 0) and he was able to make an arrow-shaft first try. What's with that?

I then had both of them try to make an explosive arrow by pairing the arrow-shaft to the explosive arrowhead, and neither could.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Yeah I can't make quills (feather + knife) with my mains but the companions can

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
At this point I can't tell what's wrong with crafting, other than "something broke badly".

I made a new game, and was able to (with a crafting skill of 0) combine an arrow-shaft and an explosive arrowhead to create an Explosive Arrow.

After saving and then loading the game a few minutes later, I was no longer able to combine arrow-shafts and explosive arrowheads. For some unknown reason it just no longer works.

At this point I combined another branch and a pocket-knife and created another arrow-shaft. Then I put 1 point into my crafting skill, raising it from "0" to "1". After doing that I can no longer combine a branch and a pocket-knife to create an arrow-shaft.

This is repeatable. I've loaded the game up several times and repeated these same steps and I lose the ability to create an arrow-shaft every time I apply a point to my crafting skill.

That said, the problem goes beyond that. I could not apply the arrow-shaft to a poisoncloud arrowhead until I raised my crafting skill from "0" to "1". However, after reloading and trying to repeat this process I couldn't repeat that success even after raising my crafting skill back to 1.

I am very confused at this point.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Sent this report to Larian and was told it would be passed onto devs as unidirectional crafting shouldn't be a thing. But these are some ways in which crafting is messed up.

Some of the items will only craft when placed a certain way. Unsure if that is intentional. A few things seem to not work as intended.
Works unidirectional:
Potato + knife = Cold fries Potato to Knife only
Mortar and pestle + bones of any kind = Pouch (of crushed bones?) mortar and pestle to bone only
Dough + Apple = Apple Pie Dough dough to apple only
Thread + Needle = Needle and thread needle to thread only
Animal hide + knife = Leather scraps hide to knife only
Pillow + knife = Feather pillow to knife only
Axe + log = wooden chips log to axe only
Pumpkin + knife = Pumpkin helmet pumpkin to knife only
Log + knife = Wooden stake log to knife only
Feather + knife = Quill works only on companions???
Crafts with itself:
Wool + wool = yarn works with having only one wool
Yarn + yarn = rope works with having only one yarn
Sinew + Sinew = bow string Works with having only one sinew
Minor healing potion + minor healing potion = medium healing potion Can be made using only one potion
Branch + Branch = Quarterstaff Can be done with only one branch.
Not Working:
Tooth + knife = Arrowhead BROKEN
Augmentor + Any Potion = Raises Potion Level (minor > medium > large) BROKEN
Originally Posted by Gyson
Then I put 1 point into my crafting skill, raising it from "0" to "1". After doing that I can no longer combine a branch and a pocket-knife to create an arrow-shaft.

Confirmed this is the case.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 22/01/14 02:03 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I haven't had any of that specific placing required for my crafting as of yet I'm afraid so I cannot confirm it, I will keep testing later today see if it starts acting like that, the only issue I do have is with the arrow heads and shafts as stated by many others.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Only the items listed worked that way on my character. I used the list we compiled from the crafting thread to test out on my character and found those to be the culprits. Even started new games to test other things as my characters had used the items required.

journeyman
journeyman
I gave my answer in reference to what you listed, they've acted normally for me so far, at least about 75% of that short list there, haven't tried one or two.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Is this from starting a new game or a previous save? Also which ones have you tested so I can try those on a fresh run.

Should also be noted these were done with crafting level 2 and 3.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 22/01/14 02:36 PM.
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Just to update, there was a small patch today to fix the save-game issue some players are having. It didn't fix the crafting issues listed above, which are still broken.

journeyman
journeyman
All off the items you listed as unidirectional but only crafting when dragged from one to the other not the other way around are still crafting fine for me in the .95 patch. That is with saving before I try and dragging them to each other so tested both ways, perhaps the bug is not evident for everyone, which is why I was bringing it up, could be system issues or install issues or who knows what.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by JFSeiki
All off the items you listed as unidirectional but only crafting when dragged from one to the other not the other way around are still crafting fine for me in the .95 patch. That is with saving before I try and dragging them to each other so tested both ways, perhaps the bug is not evident for everyone, which is why I was bringing it up, could be system issues or install issues or who knows what.

That's something that really confusing the matter. For example, I must have tried to combine an arrow-shaft and an explosive arrowhead dozens of times yesterday, across a dozen-plus games as a test. New games created after the patch, old saves created before the patch, 0 points in crafting, 1 point in crafting, 2 points in crafting, 3 points in crafting.. didn't matter. It would not combine to create an explosive arrow no matter how many different ways I tried.

Then, last night, a friend and I started a new game together. As she plays the Ranger (which starts with an explosive arrowhead in her inventory) I warned her about the problem. When we found a branch she combined it with her knife to create the arrow-shaft, and then combined the arrow-shaft with the explosive arrowhead to create an explosive arrow. It just worked, first try for her, for no apparent reason.

Since she was hosting I had her send me her save game file. I then loaded it, purchased another explosive arrow-head from the vendor in the first town, but could not combine it with an arrow-shaft. And the only difference was that (when she did it) her character was level 1, where as when I did it her character was level 2 (with no additional points in crafting).

That just makes zero sense.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
What's your crafting level as that has weird affects on the ability to craft and is your game from before the 1.0.93 patch or after? Mine was from the 1.0.87 patch and have this issue. But even starting fresh some things don't work right. Such as knife + branch = arrow shaft only with crafting level 0 but fails to craft at level 1. Also minor heal potion + minor heal potion = medium heal potion only works with craft level 1 and water elemental level 1. Raising crafting to level 2 and it stops working. Both of these are true with fresh starts from 1.0.95

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
What's your crafting level as that has weird affects on the ability to craft and is your game from before the 1.0.93 patch or after?

For me, I've tried crafting levels 0 - 3, and with new games created post-patch as well as from loading saved games that were created prior to the patch. When the game was made doesn't seem to matter, although crafting levels definitely have an impact (but not in the expected way).

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Gyson

For me, I've tried crafting levels 0 - 3, and with new games created post-patch as well as from loading saved games that were created prior to the patch. When the game was made doesn't seem to matter, although crafting levels definitely have an impact (but not in the expected way).

I was mainly asking the person who said they worked. I tried on two different computers with the same results. I've removed my old save and started fresh with the same results. Even verifying cache, which was fine anyways, had no effect. Some things are craftable at level 0 but not at higher levels. But I was told it was off to the devs to be looked at so we shall see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard