Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to report a very huge stability issue with one of my save games.

I don't know when did it start but the stability issue happened with Evelyn's house once you got her key from pouch and loot around her house. Once you played around the camera by zooming in and out and walking around that very spot with your character you'll notice stability issues:

[Linked Image]

When your out of the house and continue walking around and outside of Cyseal the stability issue still continue around by dropping the FPS down under 10 FPS and you will see your character on a default stance (arms out without armour).

So I went to an older save without triggering Esmeralda to convict Evelyn's and there was no stability issues of the areas I walked on my latest save (I haven't went inside esmeralda house also).

This tells me that I think there is a certain quest or a problem with Esmeralda house that is causing the stability issue or a problem with the loading and saving system.

Raze how can I send my save game or what files to send for larian Studio to investigate the problem? and thanks.

Edit: I'm trying to reproduce the stability issue again by going back to my older saved game.

Tex

Last edited by Texoru; 08/03/14 09:22 PM.
Support
Support

If you use the D:OS support tool it will make a report.zip file containing (among other things) all of your saves (which you can then email to supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and/or link to this topic).

If you just want to include specific save folders, you can browse to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames' folder in Windows Explorer, select one or more save game folders, right click and select 'Send to | Compressed (zipped) folder'. Alternately, you could just open the report.zip file and delete the save folders that are not relevant.

If you save after Evelyn's house, quit, maybe reboot, restart the game and reload does the problem go away? There may be some kind of memory leak triggered there.

Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Raze

If you save after Evelyn's house, quit, maybe reboot, restart the game and reload does the problem go away? There may be some kind of memory leak triggered there.

Yeah I have tried restarting the game, quit and such but not rebooting my PC as the other saves were fine. I will also try to restart my PC though can you try to reproduce the error too?

Though It might be anything items, NPC's, as you said it could be a memmory leak triggered somewhere in that save file. Alright will use the tool now and reboot the PC later and thanks again Raze.

Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
I send the report and restarting PC now.

Edit: So I tried to reproduce the error again with an older save and no problems with Evelyn's house or an stability issue. So as you said there could be memory leak while saving or something in the game that caused the save file to behave like that.

Thanks Raze.

Last edited by Texoru; 08/03/14 08:44 AM.
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
I have the same issue, just walking randomly around the harbor. Insane fps drops, load older save, everything fine. Do you have Nvidia card? Btw does confirmed mean Larian confirmed this?

Last edited by xardas22; 08/03/14 03:12 PM.
Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by xardas22
I have the same issue, just walking randomly around the harbor. Insane fps drops, load older save, everything fine. Do you have Nvidia card? Btw does confirmed mean Larian confirmed this?

Yes I have an GTX 760, that's one of the parts I also got for the insane amount of FPS drops. It also not might be triggered with Evelyn's house, it's a memory leak somewhere on the game or when you continue to do quests and so forth the stability issue kicks in. I have no problems again when playing the older save but will still continue to play some today and see if it happens again.

Though what I realize is when playing the game longer, in allot of areas the FPS will go down between 30-40 FPS, so I saved the game and quit, and go back to that saved file I just created my FPS stays at steady 60 FPS again. I think they really need to start some optimization on the next build.

Also give them a report too from Raze post. Oh confirmed means that I have tested this stability issue thoroughly, though I will remove the title as I really don't know when this issue is triggered.

Last edited by Texoru; 08/03/14 09:59 PM.
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Hmm, for me it seems to be triggered by Bertia's quest. After doing this quest, the game just slowly starts lagging more and more and the savegames get bigger and bigger in MB size. I went to Aureus house and he's rapidly talking to himself. More info see the bug report forum.

Last edited by xardas22; 09/03/14 10:25 AM.
Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes it's triggered by Bertia's quest, I got an reply from Larian support smile

Hi,

This is now a known issue for this patch and has to do with bertia lost sheep quest.
Thank you for reporting this in such detail.
There will be a hotfix patch today or tomorrow that will fix the issue.

Your current savegames will be invalidated though.
We apologize for any inconveniences.

Kind regards,

Octaaf
Larian Studios

Texoru Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes has been fixed on the latest build of v1.0.173 for the insane amount of FPS drops (stability issue of a certain quest)

- Thank's Larian Studios.

Last edited by Texoru; 13/03/14 07:01 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard