Print Thread
#483898 08/03/14 11:00 AM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Game starts > New game > goes to loading screen > crash
I think my issue is similar to this but NOT the same.

Problem 2: Game crashing after clicking new game (you can hear sound in the background, screen fades in and crash)

Once it goes into the loading screen, there is a graphic bug for a split second then it is just normal load screen. I wait a minute or so then then the game crashes.
I CAN however play the game if I get invited by a friend to play with them. And so far everything in-game has been smooth.
I'm running windows 7.
Playing around with settings (eg graphics) does not help me.
When using EoCAPP.exe normally OR as admin, the game tries to start but immediately crashes.

Please help.

Support
Support

I'm not sure what to suggest other than what is already in the Technical issues topic...

If you want to try to load an existing 1.0.167 save, here is a zipped save folder at the starting beach, with default mage and survivor characters. Extract the zip file into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames' folder.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Thanks for the try but it didn't work. Same visual bug, 2 minute wait and then crash.
At a loss as for what to do now.

R
RtM Offline
R
I have tried loading a previous save, starting a new game (on many occasions) and messing with all of the video quality settings. Nothing seems to work. It's the same 2 things as described above so I don't believe it would be solely down to my PC which is more than good enough. It'd be nice to play...all I really wanted to do was check out the update hahaha

Support
Support

If you have not done so already, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Alright, sent it off to support, but I still encourage anyone else who had this problem to do the same.
If I find a fix, I will post it.

Link Copied to Clipboard