Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Since we are now in beta, please report any game blocking issues here. This can range from technical issues to gameplaye or story progression problems. Anything that stops you from actually playing the game.

There were some known issues in the alpha:
- stability problems (crashing in certain regions or when doing certain things, like black cove or level swapping)
- stability issues on 32-bit machines with lower amount of memory
- network issues resulting on your starting a new game and being returned to the main menu (even when you were playing single player)

If you have any of the above or similar issues, post here AND contact supportdos@larian.com with a report.zip attached from our support tool: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

By doing this, you will not only help yourself play the game, but hopefully help other people experiencing the same issues.

Thanks and if you have any blocking issues, we apologize in advance ouch

C
stranger
stranger
C
A save in the cemetery don't want to load, it just make the game crash ! And please, make a french version, we bought the game too. Thanks for your amazing job, we love the game.

stranger
stranger
Hi,

In Homestead after speaking to the weaver of time and Zixzax about it I never get the rune stone to get back. Only the (first) pyramid is in my inventory.

Also the dialog 'breaks' sometimes. I cannot get the dialog interface up and running again. Sometimes it gets to 'normal' after I commit a crime (stealing) but it does not work all the time.

Last edited by vidonism; 06/04/14 11:45 PM.
veteran
veteran
Look on the right side of your screen for the rune stone, it's a button to let you teleport.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Look on the right side of your screen for the rune stone, it's a button to let you teleport.

Thanks, I saw this in an other post just a minute ago.

Still, there is this issue with the dialog system breaking sometimes. I'll try to reproduce it hopefully.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious. It doesn't STOP me from playing the game perse, but it does in fact make me not want to play it anymore.

EDIT: So far I have tried linking, unlinking, changing the order in which they are linked/not linked. Deleting the installation folder from Steam, downloading a fresh install, deleting the config folder from My Documents, savegames and all and letting the game create a fresh one, turning dual dialog on and off (I'm not sure why I thought that would effect it but I did it anyway!) and starting a new game with four or five different team configurations. None of it had any effect. The heroes just completely refuse to cooperate.

Last edited by Prague; 07/04/14 01:21 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Prague
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious.

Have you checked the connection between the characters (if the portraits are connected via a small chain)?

veteran
veteran
Yes he has, and it isn't working no matter how much he tries linking and unlinking characters.

R
stranger
stranger
R
There are two quests in Cyseal that I've done so far that both lead to infinite loading screens, i'm not sure if it's because I die or what, but I have to exit the game.

The first quest is given by Evelyn the medical assistant. She asks me to choose which of two patients to save. When she uses the healing stone I get zapped away to the loading screen. The blue loading bar shows as complete while the purple loading bar is empty. The first time this happened I waited 15 minutes for it to load before I exited, the bars didn't budge.

The second is the quest to find out who murdered the councilman, Jake. I enter the crime scene in the King Crab Inn and get shocked, knocked over, and this time it leads to a white screen that gives a message about how the beta is incomplete.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by vidonism
Originally Posted by Prague
Heroes are not following each other, making navigating the map in explore mode incredibly tedious.

Have you checked the connection between the characters (if the portraits are connected via a small chain)?

So far I have tried linking, unlinking, changing the order in which they are linked/not linked. Deleting the installation folder from Steam, downloading a fresh install, deleting the config folder from My Documents, savegames and all and letting the game create a fresh one, turning dual dialog on and off (I'm not sure why I thought that would effect it but I did it anyway!) and starting a new game with four or five different team configurations. None of it had any effect. The heroes just completely refuse to cooperate.

C
stranger
stranger
C
In the King's Crab inn, second floor.
The party includes Madora.

Spoke to Shereth, talked about how her services are dangerously close to sourcery, but I/we let her carry on.
Didn't see any exclamation mark above Madora's head after this.

Then went and talked to Eglandaer (the old Elf), conversation triggered a fight, killed him. Saved and quit right after that.
Next day, I load the save and there's an exclamation mark above Madora's head, but I can't talk to her - now I can't talk to any NPC, in fact.

Tried to reload the save several times, didn't help.

Last edited by Chrocus; 07/04/14 07:13 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
It is possible to break the Jake's murder Questline, if you go do things at this order after arriving the city;
1 Go to the Mortician.
2 Find the sheep's corpse.
3 Go to barracs.
4 Go to the crime scene'n'stuff.
5 THEN go find the morticians ledger.
6 Go pointing fingers at Esmeralda.
7 Go Talk to the healer and the apprentice.
8 Go to Esmeralda's basement and go blame Esmeralda again.
9 Now the healers apprentice wont go away and boom, I'm stuck.

(Also a way to get the mage guy at the barracs to be stuck as a cat. Fixed with saving/loading though.)

Also, it is possible to get your characters stuck outside the map in:
1 The very first mummy encounter, if you position a mage just where you come down from the stairs above the oil where the mummies stand and end the encounter with a spell.
2 The dungeon which opens in the graveyard, where you can go to the house full of traps. If you cannot get past the door on the other end of the room and try to open it with multiple spells.

In conclusion, I'd say that damage-spells sometimes throw characters out of the maps if some game-status changes happen. And you can apparently walk a pretty long way from the house on example "2".
Either it is on a different stage or an area in development, beats me.

Last edited by Chaine351; 07/04/14 06:40 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello, I have a graphical bug, no pictures appears for personages icons and items in the inventory, the bar in bottom edge is empty to. any idea ?

Thank you

I
stranger
stranger
I
Hello,

- stuck in zixzax realm: I had the same problem, could'nt get out of the plane with zixzax. Maybe you should change this button to something more userfriendly, before being flooded by this remark at the release.
I dodged the choice for the patient to save as i was forced to warp, so when i went back with the information to jump out of the plane, both were dead. Don't know if i can catch back this arc later.

- All merchants are gone: I could sell rubish to only one seller on the docks at the early game, then to the source item seller in the tavern room, but then the conversation disappeared. So I'm full of rubish, and can't buy resurrection scrolls or new powers. Even the arrow seller on the market place doesn't propose anything. The widow of Jake doesn't trade. I don't even know if it's normal because i can't meet merchants.
I'm virtually blocked. After the hell of an armegeddon as a fight with the orcs on the beach, i'm broke with parchments and rez scrolls.
forget about it, just found the button now i'm more focused on these buttons. Need to improve interface. Sorry for bothering.
Can't find how to craft neither, to help me with merchants missing.
I'm level 4, did everything i could which is not fighting, i can't repair my weapons nor buy new ones. "repair level too low"

- After a fight (which is really often close to group death) i'm regularly surronded by fire and or acid (As fight are too hard for me, i'm a heavy user of barrels). Then all my comrades run toward my main character and all but one die. => ragequit, happened several times.

Last edited by Icarus; 07/04/14 08:51 PM.

"Quand tu doutes de tes pouvoirs, tu donnes du pouvoir à tes doutes." Le Sphynx, Mysterymen
S
stranger
stranger
S
I tried running the Analysis tool multiple times but it would keep crashing after I tried to generate a report.

I am crashing when I come along the right side of the desecrated church. I have already had the battle with the cultists inside of it though. I'm not sure if it is broken because I did things out of order (SPOILER) like I hadn't fought Evelyn at this point yet. After fighting the cultists I would try to get the key at the far back right side of the room and would crash.

Also, another crashing situation is when I was running over the bridge to the northern cave with the machine in it. Also, I did this out of order. I didn't join the Fabulous Five or talk to the magician to get the control panel for this quest. I visited the cave, recalled that I needed to talk to the Fabulous Five for the quest so I did and I headed back. As soon as I crossed the bridge (keep in mind I already defeated the undead/boars) I would crash. Could easily repeat.

I hope this helps. I love the game and am so insanely excited to play the final release! One of my most anticipated of the year!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
We are currently working on a hotfix for the crash people are having simply running around in the world or clicking a ladder/stairs.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Chrocus
... now I can't talk to any NPC, in fact.

Tried to reload the save several times, didn't help.

This is basically the same issue I have. Do a crime (steal from someone that can see you) and the dialogs will reappear.

The only issue is (I have yet to confirm) that you cannot travel to ZixZax after that, a message appears that one of my main characters needs to finish a dialog even if no dialog is ongoing

Cheers,

S
stranger
stranger
S
Game keeps crashing after completing the lighthouse quest (after talking to the guards next to the tree, close to the lighthouse ). The game crashes after walking towards the houses north of the lighthouse. The game is unable to send the generated crashreport to your servers ( fails shortly after reaching 100% ).

I've sendt a report.zip to supportdos@larian.com

The crashing seems to be related to talking to the guards close to the lighthouse, after killing the boss. The game does not crash if I avoid talking to them.

Last edited by Steini; 08/04/14 01:36 PM.
stranger
stranger
Plot related, different from Alpha.

Is Zombie Jake supposed to talk to you?
He died during the fight. I rezzed him and then he refuses to talk to me at all. I then killed him and rezzed him again. He now talks to demand a bribe to be friendly but nothing else.

I don't have the save any more frown

Last edited by Xzanron; 08/04/14 12:46 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
My game is crashing after I go out in the north gate.

Any way I go.

PLz, make this game in portuguese!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard