#487061 05/04/14 03:06 PM
P
Poilo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
sry for this topic, was afraid u didn't get my email message

the thing is: I went to the forest in the west and north and killed all monsters, next I went back to the city to sell items. After that I tried to go back to the forest but it crashes at the west entrace (if I go south in the latest savegame, or try to go west it crashes too) tried it many times but it always crashes...fix it please for its unplayable so far frown
how can I post my report.zip here?

Last edited by Poilo; 05/04/14 03:10 PM.
Support
Support

You can email your report.zip file to supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem. You should have gotten an auto-reply if you emailed the general or D:OS support email addresses.
You can not upload files with a forum post, just link to files hosted elsewhere (your ISP, Dropbox, Google Docs or various file hosting sites).

P
Poilo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
nice idea, but your supportdos@larian.com mail is full...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello world, my first post here, awesome game so far smile

I also got similar crash and also had my latest save crash every time on loading.

I got it fixed: I went in my documents directory > Larian Studios > Divinity Original Sin > Savegames > affected save game ( in my case QuickSave_3) and deleted all the files inside (it could work if you delete Cyseal.lsb only)

After that the game loaded without crash, a message appeared that it could not load something, but the game worked fine. The only bad thing I noticed is that I lost my revealed map.

Last edited by Spikard; 06/04/14 08:41 AM.
Support
Support

Sorry about that. The mailbox should be emptied on Monday; until then, use the general support email: support@larian.com.

P
Poilo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Spikard
Hello world, my first post here, awesome game so far smile

I also got similar crash and also had my latest save crash every time on loading.

I got it fixed: I went in my documents directory > Larian Studios > Divinity Original Sin > Savegames > affected save game ( in my case QuickSave_3) and deleted all the files inside (it could work if you delete Cyseal.lsb only)

After that the game loaded without crash, a message appeared that it could not load something, but the game worked fine. The only bad thing I noticed is that I lost my revealed map.

wow that worked - I deleted Cyseal.lsb only in my case QuickSave_0! but all creatures respawned...so the problem of these crashes is smth wrong when u return to previously cleared areas

Last edited by Poilo; 06/04/14 03:33 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
This is interesting because I'm having a very similar issue.

I saved a game Friday just after clearing the grassy area just to the west of Cyseal west gate. On reloading the game today I've experienced a crash every time I try to walk north (crash happens when I try to cross the y164 horizontal). I can actually go west for a way and then get further north, but if I cut back east I get the crash again (around x98) - so there appears to be a vertical stripe of terrain where it tries to load something it doesn't like and dumps out to desktop.

Deleting the cyseal.lsb file appears to allow me to continue playing (I haven't tested a lot so far because the area has respawned so I'll need to clear it again), but I've lost all my uncovered map.

Last edited by Oztrich; 06/04/14 05:55 PM.
veteran
veteran
While it might work, I'm somewhat hesistant to actually use it myself of fear of corrupting reports. As in; it might undo stuff I did, and then not respond to them, and I report it as a bug, and then it's not it's just because of deleting the file with all the locals set for several factors... smirk

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
While it might work, I'm somewhat hesistant to actually use it myself of fear of corrupting reports. As in; it might undo stuff I did, and then not respond to them, and I report it as a bug, and then it's not it's just because of deleting the file with all the locals set for several factors... smirk

Yes, I wrestled with that too. The problem was that part of the game had become unplayable - every save I tried crashed when I moved to that location. So it was either delete the file, or ignore that side of the map.

The Cyseal.lsb has been recreated in the LevelCache folder, so I'm optimistic it hasn't harmed the game too much. As you say though, it does introduce the risk of polluting the game in terms of bug reporting.

Last edited by Oztrich; 06/04/14 07:35 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
That doesn't work for me. Ever since I visited the cave under the cemetery, which I cold not get out of anymore except for teleporting, I can not walk the area of the cemetery anymore. Same problem after leaving via the North gate: when I return to town the game crashes.

I tried deleting cyseal.lsb-files in different folders, but I keep having the same problems.

Last edited by K Ace; 07/04/14 01:33 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard