#489570 17/04/14 12:37 PM
T
Telanos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

I recently installed Dragon Commander off Steam, and think I've encountered a bug (that or there is something I'm not getting about how invasions work).

I'm at the end of Act I, invading the enemy capital.

On the screen which pops up just prior to entering battle mode (Battle Overview), the composition of units reflects what I expect - the Enemy has a handful of units, and I massively outnumber the enemy (i.e. I sent in a massive number of units).

Assuming I enter battle, and then immediately surrender the unit count before battle compared to the after battle summary are:

(Count Before) | (Count Post Battle)
Enemy
Hunter 4 | 8
Grenadier 4 | 12
Trooper 13 | 39

Myself
Shaman 9 | 4
Ironclad 3 | 1
Warlock 5 | 2
Trooper 5 | 2
Grenadier 7 | 3
Zepplin 1 | 1
Armour 7 | 2
Hunter 11 | 3

Territory Morale - Undead - 15%

I don't seem to lose units if I only send in 3-4 in total, but once any large numbers are sent in, I seem to lose huge chunks. This also applies to any cards which are played - I don't get the full number I'm supposed to. I tried this a couple of times - here is another example (in the same format)

Enemy
(Same stats as previous)

Myself
Hunter 14 | 6
Shaman 4 | 2
Armour 10 | 4
Warlock (from Card) 3 | 1

Am I missing something? Is there a way to fix this?

----
Edit: As an aside, I havn't noticed this issue in any other battles, but that may be because I havn't paid attention previously (I didn't have any problems winning previous battles, and the unit count tended to be low on both sides)

I have found I can win the battle by using auto battle, but otherwise my issue is that I can't win this battle manually, as the enemy pretty much rolls in with an unstoppable army immediately. Also, with the numbers I'm facing, I've found that the each time I fail to dodge grenadier missiles, approx 1/3 of my dragon HP gets wiped out. IE, if I don't dodge, my dragon lasts all of about 3 seconds (and I mean that literally).

Also, the game has been set to Easy difficulty.

Last edited by Telanos; 17/04/14 12:47 PM.
Telanos #489572 17/04/14 01:45 PM
Support
Support

The reputation you have with the faction of a country effects how much support you can get in that country. If you have more units than you can actually support, then they are held in reserve when you enter RTS. As soon as you free up more support, they can be brought into battle instantly, and without cost, from the appropriate factory.
Taking over or building recruitment citadels will increase your support cap.

Dragon Commander: The Complete Guide

You can use the Numpad + and - keys to increase or decrease the game speed.

I like the mountain dragon. Rejuvenation and Blood Leech help a lot with survival, and Acid Blaze is great to switch to when your regular attack gets close to overheating (and I learn Breaching Fire, Devastation and Scales of Steel when available; Soar is good early in the game, but is expendable once you start picking up some of the higher level skills).

It helps to have a couple shamans at your base (or somewhere handy behind the front lines) that you can retreat back to, for faster healing.

Raze #489596 17/04/14 07:09 PM
T
Telanos Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thanks for explaining that - I can see why my units are not appearing given the low support. Does low support also account for the massive increase in enemy units when I invade?

As per my original post, I have no idea why each enemy unit stack has doubled or tripled once the battle starts.

Aside from that, getting recruitment citadels is near impossible - in the time it takes to send a unit to the nearest recruitment citadel, covert it, and build something on it, the enemy army has reached my starting base and is starting to dismantle it (coincidentally, this is also approximately the earliest point i can summon the dragon).

Telanos #489611 17/04/14 10:30 PM
Support
Support

Each unit on the strategy map represents several in RTS (1 for transports, 3 for battle forge units [trooper/grenadier/shaman/warlock] and 2 for everything else). There is also an entrenchment bonus if a country is well defended, which I think always applies to a capital.

How much damage can you do with your dragon? If you want to avoid using auto-resolve, you could just attack repeatedly with small groups, and try to do enough damage to wear him down, while only loosing units yourself that can be replaced the next turn (your income is a lot higher).

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard