Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
stranger
stranger
E
I hope the toolset will be part of this beta patch. I would like to become useful. wink

veteran
veteran
Really; don't expect that till release.

addict
addict
Thank you for keeping the community up to date, I have a few games on steam that have been "beta" for quite some time. So glad to see Divinity Original Sin is pushing forward constantly.

*excite hugs as she still loves that long hair styles were added*

old hand
old hand
Almost there - eh?

:rubs hands:

S
stranger
stranger
S
I haven't played this game for a while now, was trying to wait until the final game was released but I might just have to give it some more time with the new update.

Will be interesting to see how much has progressed (and been fixed/balance) in a relatively short space of time and it should hopefully give us a good indication when to expect the final release date.

Hopefully that date is not too much longer - May release date anyone? hehe

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Dark Souls 2 PC tomorrow, and hopefully another DOS update. Too much gaming goodness, but not enough time.

addict
addict
20th of June. End of spring. Still, Spring. If you consider that some bugs on Cyseal are not engine related, but really quest/setting related, this is awfully scary to think how much bugged the remaining part of the game can be. Not counting the fact that you often pay more attention to the beginning of the game than to the end, that can sometimes be rushed. Of course, if cyseal is 90% of the game, it is all right, but I don't think so (I heard Cyseal/beta was about 20/30 percent of final game ?) This is really scaring the shit out of me, because it would make a terrible feedback, and games rarely get a second impression.
So I would sadly say end of June.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 24/04/14 02:35 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
stranger
stranger
I know I'm not the only one keeping my Steam up in hopes for the new update!

As for release it's not concerning at all to me, but I've been around for a long time. They've been very forthcoming with patches, there's a ton of unique mechanics and yet the game engine runs very well and bugs are for the most part minor for being just out of alpha. Quest bugs will happen but are the types of issues that can be quickly remedied, especially given the nature of the creation toolset which, I'd assume, will allow editing of pretty much anything in the game.

Regardless, Larian knows they have something special with this game and I believe they have all the intention to do it right in as many ways as possible - including the release state.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Regarding release and bugs.

You can look at games like Skyrim and that is pretty much the worst outcome possible for D:OS, quests that remain broken and are left for the community to fix and players having to find the fixes or workarounds on their own rather than having official fixes.

What I sincerely hope is that they can and have devoted the vast majority of their in-house QA to the pieces of content we have yet to lay eyes on and let us find the remainder of the bugs in the content we have access to and simply fix them as they come aware... as well as of course having support going forward after release. The gist of it, use the alpha and beta for what it was intended for, which is very much what they have been doing, and focus internally on things that they can't or don't want to make use of the beta for.

I am not worried about bugs on release, because it is just something that will be a factor, how big of a factor we do not know. Hopefully not a major one. But I can guarantee that D:OS will have a list of known issues (internally) going into ship that they just couldn't fix without pushing their internal deadlines even further and making the game into an eternally unfinished game. How major or noticeable those issues are and what they can do about them after ship is what really sets the course for this game going forward.

The quality of the initial release is more of a testament to the quality of development/content before they went into the bug fixing phase on it to begin with, because no-one creates bugs intentionally, and their ability to prioritize in what order to tackle issues discovered after a piece of content is initially deemed complete and/or "release quality".

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Psomm
I know I'm not the only one keeping my Steam up in hopes for the new update!

OMG, I'm checking hourly now. All I want to see in the patch notes is:
- You can now assign control of characters in co-op to either player.

Last edited by Vork; 24/04/14 07:59 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
I don't think the update will be out today I think its going to be out tomorrow

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
20th of June. End of spring. Still, Spring. If you consider that some bugs on Cyseal are not engine related, but really quest/setting related, this is awfully scary to think how much bugged the remaining part of the game can be. Not counting the fact that you often pay more attention to the beginning of the game than to the end, that can sometimes be rushed. Of course, if cyseal is 90% of the game, it is all right, but I don't think so (I heard Cyseal/beta was about 20/30 percent of final game ?) This is really scaring the shit out of me, because it would make a terrible feedback, and games rarely get a second impression.
So I would sadly say end of June.

I would think that Larian's own QA on their closed builds are focusing on those later stages. I'm pretty sure this game on release is gonna have a lot of bugs.

But frankly I can't think of a good RPG that didn't. It's the nature of games with so many systems. The audience for this type of game has a greater tolerance for bugs because of it.

You are right about the first impressions though, but that's gonna play out in the gaming press such as it is. But you mentioned it, by the time it's out I think Cyseal is gonna be pretty well nailed down. I doubt most drive by reviewers are gonna get farther than that. So long as the end game content isn't rushed the fans will be happy. Casual players will be satisfied with a solid early game.

It's not the happiest scenario but it could be worse.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard