Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello dev-team,

first: thank you, for your great work, so far. Go on with it, and this game will last a long time smile

Here some bugs and suggestions:

- Hints and NPC-Dialogues are gone, no place to read it again. Pls make a hint- and dialogue-log

- Spells from scrolls should be learnable for specific characters

- Give players a possibility to separate or minimize the charactersheet for better inventory-interaction with worlds environment; charsheet is too big for environment interaction

- Inventory: remember last window position; it always pops up on default position

- Option to show fps and connection status

- A exploit, imho: zero payload, if b.e. a chest is dropped into a vase inside your inventory...so you may take 25 vases with you, inside 1 vase, without loosing any payload (b.e. warriors payload is 100/170, after picking up 10 vases or crates or barrels it is still 100)!!

- Friendly NPCs are running through my devastating spells, after I casted the spells (fire on the ground etc.)

- A marker for items in my inventory, to mark them as junk (just like in DDO), to sell the junk with one click

- New buyable „content-packs“, every month or two, maybe with a VIP-flat (pay per month and get packs and content free)

- The sound gets lost while playing...you´ll get it back after reloading.

- NPC-Conversation must be logged, many people want to read what they say

- (Bug, loose items)Imagine a full chest inside your inventory. One of the stored items is a branch. If i want to lay more branches inside this full chest, I drag one out of the ivnentory onto a existing branch inside the chest. This branch will be stored inside the chest, but it´s lost for the player. It´s stored under the last chest-inventory-line, so I cant choose it anymore

- If you drop a branch over an kitchen-knife, you get the crafting animation, but nothing happens (no arrow shaft). The branch will stay inside your inventory.

- If you encounter Arhu, after he opens the city-gate for you, he talks to you at the city-gate, but he only shows you his back

- NPC-Bibius: He talks to my char and then to his compagnion, but about my female char he talks like: „He said...“ So the NPC doesn´t detect the gender.

- (Exploit) If you got empty crates inside your inventory, so take three of them outside (not all of them at once) and build a tower with them (take 1, place it. take the second and place it above the first crate etc.). Now you may loot the one in the middle of the tower. If you collect them now back into your inventory, change your location and drop them again. Everytime you do that, it´s possible to loot the chest in the middle

Hopefully you get some of the bugs fixed and some suggestions implemented until release.

Nice, to have a very good developmentteam working with love on D:OS. We see it in so many details.

Thank you a lot, and go on with it!

Regards,

Corlexys

Last edited by Corlexys; 23/04/14 11:38 AM. Reason: Exploits specified
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Corlexys

- Spells from scrolls should be learnable for specific characters

Hi there

if you have crafting 5 and the corresponding empty spellbook and points in the corresponding elemantal you can do this already

Last edited by Rainer; 21/04/14 12:47 PM.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
Support
Support
- If you drop a branch over an kitchen-knife, you get the crafting animation, but nothing happens

You should get an arrow shaft (works here).

- If you got empty crates inside your inventory, so take three of them outside and staple them. Now you may loot the one in the middle.

Please define 'staple'. I tried dropping/moving crates close enough together that they would 'stick' together when moved, but the contents of the middle one were not reset.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi Raze,

if you take 3 crates and put one over another, so you get 3 cubes as a tower smile darn, long time ago, since i wrote english the last time. Now loot the one in the middle. Here it works every time, but you have to change the area a bit (not by loading into another zone etc.).

Raze, is there any person @ larian, who understands german? Would be much easier to me, to tell you exact details.

Support
Support

I tried stacking crates (took ones by the mortician's house over to the barracks, and ones from near the starting beach waypoint to the homestead). I can open the one in the middle (or bottom), but it remains empty.

I don't know if anyone at Larian reads German.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I did it in that tutorial-cave. Took 3 crates inside my chest into my inventory. First stacked it in front of the legion-guards near the first town. Second time inside the first city, near the entry-gate.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Specified the bugs and exploits for (a bit) better understanding.

Hallo Larian, habt ihr jemanden im Team, der etwas deutsch versteht?? Könnte bei zukünftigen posts von mir die Kommunikation erleichtern! Ich gehe davon aus, dass die deutsche Community nicht gerade klein ist smile

veteran
veteran
It's a small team. It's likely the game will be translated to German (not publishing a RPG in German would be pretty stupid nowadays) by an external translator though, than that they actually have Germans working on the game.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Yep, thought so too! But, it´s possible, because they´re near to germany (belgium). If it´s an US-developer, the chances are near zero, to get a german-speaking employee smile

Link Copied to Clipboard