Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
No you may not. Generally and because i am not claiming something is better - because it makes more sense or is "more logical", though difference is beyond your grasp to understand.

Last edited by Hiver; 24/04/14 06:38 AM.
addict
addict
Besides, its not nice to be so mean to the undead to make them olfactory deficient or challenged, just because they are undead. Its not like they are ... dead, you know?

No you may not. Generally and because i am not claiming something is better - because it makes more sense or is "more logical", though difference is beyond your grasp to understand.

When you are done indulging yourself in believing that I am so utterly stupid, maybe you will start reading and acknowledging your own sentences ? Good start to evolve, recognizing your own failures and limitations.
But well, I indeed don't understand what difference you are talking about. Between "Make sense" and "Logical" ? If so, will you be so kind as to enlighten me ?

And let's not forget that some Larian undeads, especially pairs of skeletons, have a tendencie for self destruction if they "think" to much. Boy that was great writing, actually ^^. (Was it Divine Divinity, or Beyond Divinity ? I think it was Divine Divinity. I still Lol at it ^^)

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
old hand
old hand
- Its not just about making some kind of logic according to personal preferences. btw.
Internal logical coherence of the setting, then the general fantasy lore - and value in gameplay itself - are important parts all.

As for Larian specific lore and setting-s ... its just what it is man.
We can talk about details and suggest different things about it - but i dont think it makes any sense trying to force in very different things belonging to different settings and styles of fantasy, that are too different than this kind of a style and angle of it.

Have you ever read anything by Terry Pratchett? Surely you have. Would you complain about his setting peculiarities in this way too?

And let's not forget that some Larian undeads, especially pairs of skeletons, have a tendencie for self destruction if they "think" to much.

hmm... eh... huh... hah hah.... hehehehe! :lol:

Must be the overflow of the electricity in their brains!
(yeah, whatever, its a different kind of lore then i mentioned)
If you want a more plausible explanation, for some reason, the sudden increase in electrical currents would create a spike in temperature - their "brains" would heat up suddenly - therefore explode.

Although there are differences between what creatures use as electricity in their bodies - and what we use for technology in modern time, thanks to Nikola Tesla.
And... we could talk much more about details of it all...

But thats not the primary point, although general sense of believability and plausibility is always important to consider.
What such a feature is used for is equally important - if not more - depending on the exact setting lore details and specifics.

I could certainly see how this could be applied and used for different... characters.
oh...the puns i could create with this... oh the sarcastic jibes!

:head explodes:

addict
addict
But thats not the primary point, although general sense of believability and plausibility is always important to consider.
What such a feature is used for is equally important - if not more - depending on the exact setting lore details and specifics.

Agreed, although itching.
We can talk about details and suggest different things about it - but i dont think it makes any sense trying to force in very different things belonging to different settings and styles of fantasy, that are too different than this kind of a style and angle of it.
Agreed again. It's Larian world, system, writing, level design, character planning and such. Just can't help being very frustrated sometimes, (even though I know this beta is only part of the whole game, and that some features will probably make sense in the long term, and that we are still missing stuff), and expressing it strongly :-(

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
addict
addict
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4HE4Ucsg1I
AAAAW well, thanks Larian XD
Hiver, would that be our skelettons discussing "logic" stuff ?

Last edited by Cromcrom; 24/04/14 01:34 PM.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
old hand
old hand
Ah! But you see right there... They didnt fall apart because of electricity. But because they used realism and realistic thinking in a fantasy setting. :P

Too much of it is like kriptonite for fantasy creatures, eh?

Besides, its clearly a humorous take on the very common trope of such games.
It is fourth wall breaking but, what can you do. people make games and they they put in whatever they want, eh? (there were much worse examples of it in BG games too)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard